Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:20:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please! 5 Nvidia cards, 8 amd rx 580’s AMD cards won’t get recognized  (Read 174 times)
Joesie (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:30:47 PM

Hello,
So I’ve run into an issue. This is my first mining rig, and I’m usually pretty good with computers but for whatever reason, Windows 10 won’t recognize that I have more cards plugged in.
I have the ASRock H110 with 5 Nvidia cards (that work fine and can mine) but the 8AMD (currently only 5 of them are plugged in). They don’t seem to get recognized.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I uninstalled the graphics drivers with DDU and then tried to follow cryptomined’s yet video on overriding the driver info with old driver and then trying to use that, after a few crashes it finally said it installed. Then I go to boot up the system, and only 4 cards were recognized, I restarted and back to three(out of 5)
Note: the Nvidia ones work fine, it’s just once I try to go passed 7 cards I cannot. (Out of 13 with raisers)

Any ideas/help would be appreciated so much!
Thank you.

Win 10 64bit
As rock H110 Pro BTC
8gb ram
Virtual memory set to like 18g, max 25g
M.2 drive 120g
13 raisers.
3 times 1,000watt power supply’s.

Thabk you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:49:44 AM

Try posting on a hardware or software support forum.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Cyranova

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:44:07 AM

wrong Forum I guess..

I have this problem was I first build my mining rig.

I have same motherboard like you the ascrok. and 6 Rx 580 4gb
plug the 6 gpu only showing 5. no matter what I do. from uninstaling the driver to reinstal the windows only 5 gpu.

but I found how to fix it.
get 1 GPU that the I think that GPU not recognized by windows.

plug out all the riser. and put the main problem GPU into the pcie. just put it. without the riser.
after I turn it on. the mining rig seems weird. very long to boot up. but after I wait for a while I got the windwos login. and try to mining with 1 gpu for checking is this GPU still ok or not.

after that
pull this GPU and put them again into riser and put other 6 gpu into motherboard. and walla. it work. 6 gpu recognized by windows. and mining until now..

sorry my english so bad.
Joesie (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:05:50 AM

wrong Forum I guess..

I have this problem was I first build my mining rig.

I have same motherboard like you the ascrok. and 6 Rx 580 4gb
plug the 6 gpu only showing 5. no matter what I do. from uninstaling the driver to reinstal the windows only 5 gpu.

but I found how to fix it.
get 1 GPU that the I think that GPU not recognized by windows.

plug out all the riser. and put the main problem GPU into the pcie. just put it. without the riser.
after I turn it on. the mining rig seems weird. very long to boot up. but after I wait for a while I got the windwos login. and try to mining with 1 gpu for checking is this GPU still ok or not.

after that
pull this GPU and put them again into riser and put other 6 gpu into motherboard. and walla. it work. 6 gpu recognized by windows. and mining until now..

sorry my english so bad.

Thank you very much! Your English isn’t bad, I understood completely, I will try that out. Thank you again!
I will see if it works, hopefully.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: