Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-01] If you missed a train on Bitcoin: why you should look at Ethereum  (Read 3764 times)
fanatseal2 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:06:21 AM

As bitcoin surpassed $10000 earlier this week Alex Lutskevych, CEO of CEX.IO shares his views on whether it is late to buy the first cryptocurrency or is it better to invest in ethereum now.
To start with, I would like to note that I am not a professional trader, so I am not able to make any forecasts. Also, due to my business activity, I cannot give any recommendations about which cryptocurrency to buy or sell. My focus is making the cryptocurrency ecosystem friendlier to the average users, in particular, by developing CEX.IO. Thus, please do not consider my comments as recommendations but rather as my thoughts.

While the crypto is all over the news and the price of Bitcoin had risen to the top, one of the most frequent questions I am always being...Read more

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:28:41 PM

I've been hearing similar comments a lot recently. People are very convinced that eth is likely to reach $1.5K until the end of 2018. I have missed the train on bitcoin to a certain extent, so I wouldn't want to feel the same regret with eth as well. However, I couldn't muster the courage to buy yet and I'm still monitoring closely.

Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:14:05 PM

It is impossible to miss the train of bitcoin. Until this year who missed all of 2013 we thought we'd missed the train. Look at the growth of bitcoin this year. In order to have a chance of winning the lottery you need to buy a ticket. I don't believe in Ethereum. Not only because this coin has a mechanism of inflation. The Ethereum depends on the price of bitcoin. Therefore, I trust the bitcoin.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:50:05 PM

While Ethereum's future usability is up for debate, I believe it has the best chances to get pumped in the next few years because of its successful marketing - governments, organizations and companies all praise Ethereum and developers are quite ambitious with their plans. When you are investing in altcoins you want to measure your performance in BTC, and negative performance means that you should have bought BTC instead, because it would have been safer and more profitable in USD. Ethereum had a pretty big rally this year, when its BTC price was at 0.145 BTC at some point, 600% higher than 1 year before. Because of Bitcoin's recent gains the price of ETH dropped to 0.042, while its USD price is at ATH, so Ethereum is not suitable for "hodling till moon" - its better to switch to sell it when there's a good opportunity and maybe rebuy later for a next rally.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:32:19 PM

I've been hearing similar comments a lot recently. People are very convinced that eth is likely to reach $1.5K until the end of 2018. I have missed the train on bitcoin to a certain extent, so I wouldn't want to feel the same regret with eth as well. However, I couldn't muster the courage to buy yet and I'm still monitoring closely.
You're looking at it the wrong way. A lot of people get tricked by only looking at the USD value of Ethereum. Right now one ether is being traded $450, that's an all time high (dollar-wise) but if you look at the ETH/BTC marked you would know that ethereum has been in a bear market since June 20th. The only reason why Ethereum's dollar value is going up right now is bitcoin. If Ethereum kept it's bitcoin value from June 20th one Ether would be worth approximatley $1,500. So you were better off keeping your money in bitcoin. No you didn't miss the train, get on while you still can.

It is impossible to miss the train of bitcoin. Until this year who missed all of 2013 we thought we'd missed the train.
Anything under $10,000 is still a very good entry point IMO. Bitcoin isn't a trillion dollar asset yet. Wait for the big money comes in, by that time you want to be in the game.
sugiri

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:51:34 PM

For people who don't have enough money to buy bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and ripple are good options right now!

jaenglee

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:19:08 PM

For people who don't have enough money to buy bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and ripple are good options right now!

i don't get it, why do you have to pay for the whole bitcoin? Even 0.1 BTC is worth, please remember that 1% is 100USD, and 10% is 1000USD, so why don't you just by even Finney?
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:54:27 PM

the price of Bitcoin had risen to the top
I'd argue with missing the train. I've been following BTC for 3 years and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. On the contrary, it's gaining speed and predictions say it will continue to do so next year. $1000 used to be a dream and $10k something people would joke about and treat like the end game. Now we've reached $11k, so who' s to say we can't be at 20 in a year or 2. Forget ETH, BTC is the shit!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:13:24 PM

I am new here, but I have read that Etherum is very perspective coin and not so expansive yet. On this coin based many new coins and tokens, I think exactly this fact is making it so popular. I suppose I will choose exactly this coin as my first investment in nearly future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: