Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: shopping with BTC  (Read 1355 times)
werner52911

Activity: 457
Merit: 140

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:51:23 PM

The number of people worldwide who pay with BTC is increasing daily.
This means that the real value of the BTC is also increasing.

As more and more people invest in the BTC, we are also seeing a shortage effect and the price is rising.
In some high-inflation countries such as Zimbabwe, more and more citizens are buying their goods with BTC.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:55:41 PM

If we buy stuff with BTCand the company just sells it for cash right away, it's probably not good for the BTCprice.

What do you think?  Will shopping with BTC be good or bad for BTC?

I think shopping with bitcoin is good, because is fast and easy to do transactions.
I hope in my country will accept bitcoin for buying anything. I see in some country already they accept bitcoin for sell their stuff.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:00:51 AM

Definitely it's bad and impractical to use Bitcoin for shopping these days. The fee is killing us. $10-$13 still huge for the fee. Also still Bitcoin is not widely accepted on many stores worldwide. Like in my country (Philippines), it's very rare to see any store that directly accepts Bitcoin as a mode of payment for their goods you buy to them. The only thing you can do is convert Bitcoin to fiat. I think it's more convenient since cash is widely accepted and most of all, no fees to pay. Anyway, i will not use my Bitcoin unless it's very important. Bitcoin price is skyrocketing right now.

I think that it is also impractical to use in bitcoin not just because of the high fees but also because of its volatility. Bitcoin is so volatile that anytime of the day, month or year, its price would be skyrocketing or crashing. But for this year its price had a big growth and because of it many people became interested with bitcoin. There will be more people investing in bitcoin and using it for shopping will a great loss for better opportunity.

orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:44:20 AM

Definitely it's bad and impractical to use Bitcoin for shopping these days. The fee is killing us. $10-$13 still huge for the fee. Also still Bitcoin is not widely accepted on many stores worldwide. Like in my country (Philippines), it's very rare to see any store that directly accepts Bitcoin as a mode of payment for their goods you buy to them. The only thing you can do is convert Bitcoin to fiat. I think it's more convenient since cash is widely accepted and most of all, no fees to pay. Anyway, i will not use my Bitcoin unless it's very important. Bitcoin price is skyrocketing right now.

I think that it is also impractical to use in bitcoin not just because of the high fees but also because of its volatility. Bitcoin is so volatile that anytime of the day, month or year, its price would be skyrocketing or crashing. But for this year its price had a big growth and because of it many people became interested with bitcoin. There will be more people investing in bitcoin and using it for shopping will a great loss for better opportunity.

Just cashing out or exchanging my bitcoin to local currency is already a hassle because of the high transaction fees so I don't foresee the use of bitcoin for shopping as applicable for now. Currently, there are not much retail stores in my country which accept bitcoin and asides from that, it's not yet that well known or mainstream. As of now, people prefer to treat bitcoin as an investment rather than as a mode of payment because of the lack of availability.
Esdanit

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:52:52 AM

If we buy stuff with BTCand the company just sells it for cash right away, it's probably not good for the BTCprice.

I think shopping with bitcoin is good, because is fast and easy to do transactions.
I hope in my country will accept bitcoin for buying anything. I see in some country already they accept bitcoin for sell their stuff.
For me shopping with btc is also good.You work hard for it so you reserved to be rewarded too.But of course you should have to be cautious too in spending btc.Spend it only to your most needed things.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:37:50 AM

I have to bury that hope, it's hard to do the government still thinks Bitcoin is illegal.
maybe today is the bank's decision to keep an eye on every Bitcoin transaction.
KKaruchis

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:40:30 AM

Is it good, is it good to have btc movement contastly because when they don't the price get's stuck.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:44:15 AM

I don't think its a good idea to spend your bitcoin just to buy stuff because we all know that the price of bitcoin will continue to soar higher so better to Hold it or convert it into fiat money then buy the things that you really need.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:49:49 AM

I think that's something bad, because certainly when more and more people are selling bitcoins for the necessities of life like shopping, then it will make a bitcoin dump. remember that the spreading and volume affect the bitcoin price. but I would be happy if bitcoin is used as a transaction tool and it would be advantageous for bitcoin users.

tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:57:27 AM

Definitely bad. The online store that sells stuff with bitcoin will trade it instantly for cash and it may cause of falling of the bitcoin price.

boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:43:25 AM

Definitely bad. The online store that sells stuff with bitcoin will trade it instantly for cash and it may cause of falling of the bitcoin price.

I think this is not true. Everytime that a site will sell there are buyers. What if the buyers just hold the coin and wait for the right time to sell it.
Alamin9884

Activity: 1456
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:07:33 AM

Bitcoin shopping is becoming increasingly more difficult as time goes on due to the problem with fees we are currently experiencing. Unfortunately, fees are so high right now and not only that, they are a lrge percentage of small purchases. And then the onfirmations take so long there is a double-spend problem on top of that that companies need to be woried about.
I agree with you brother, Today because we do not have complete discretion in bitcoin shopping memories, we have seen various problem, so bitcoin shopping memorandum is a greater need for knowledge.
degaga15

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:13:56 AM

I think it is not very good, because we know the bitcoin price is always changing, it is very much a loss if we use bitcoin for payment because if we trade with the original currency we can get a little profit though.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:30:31 AM

The possibilities of involvement of bitcoin in a normal day to day buying of goods can really happen and I think those big companies are now looking on it but I think it woulld affect the pricing of bitcoin and they are right it's either the buyer or the company will incurred loss because of the fact that the value of bitcoin fluctuates from time to time.
Lancelot04

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:04:23 AM

I wouldn't spend my Bitcoins to buy things, I would like to wait for its All time high before converting it into Fiat, then there I would buy my self some things.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:26:01 AM

Bitcoin is one type of currency only Bitcoin is a virtual currency that is only available in the digital world. Nowadays one can use Bitcoin to buy almost all kinds of goods ranging from clothing, traveling tickets, insurance and other things you need. Bitcoin can even be used to purchase luxury goods such as watches, cars, wine and paintings. Bitcoin has been widely used all over the world
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:34:13 AM

It would be nice if we can use our bitcoin in shopping so far the wallet I am currently using can do shopping using bitcoin and the service provider is the one who do the conversion of my bitcoin into our national currency. So far this is good though there really a case when the payment you made today can be higher or lower depending on the value of bitcoin.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:56:57 AM

Well before answering the question, some of the shops in countries outside make bitcoin as a legal currency when they buy something. Some of these shops are on online. So will this implementation will be good or not? To be honest, from a perspective of being a citizen, there will be advantages and also disadvantages. Let's go with the advantages first, we can buy we want without getting our money on our wallet and as easy as sending bitcoin to the shop cashier will do the job. Easy as pie right? But maybe some of the disadvantages of this is getting so many crimes, such as not paying the right price, maybe buy something that is illegal and something like that. It is scary to happen.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:02:41 AM

Shopping is my favorite hobby specially monthly minimum two or three times i try to buy online product with BTC although fee is high.I already bought many product by Bitcoin.Day by day many online shopping platform added Bitcoin payment processor.Even i heard amazon accept Bitcoin it's good news for BTC fan.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:12:18 AM

Instantaneous shopping with BTC is not possible at the moment. You'll probably wait for hours just to get a cup of coffee.
There has to be an intermediary system to speed up transaction speed at the background than waiting for blockchain to verify transactions.

Crypto card will be a good solution for real time shopping.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: