Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7856 times)
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:27:21 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 02:59:49 PM by Parodium

for the fact that i am living right now and seeing the many things that even science cannot prove makes me believe that there is someone up there looking at us, and he is God the Father.

Science has proven nearly everything that people once attributed to God, give us more time, and we'll answer all your questions.

You seem like an intelligent man.  Thank you for participating and not just writing these brainwashed fools off, like so many atheists do.  Smiley

Unfortunately many of these people are beyond redemption, even in the face of absolute evidence they still cannot see the truth.

Religion teaches its followers not to question their faith, as they will suffer consequences if they do, sadly this doctrine is very potent, and overrides their capacity for reason.

Still, I do believe that in time, Science will completely disprove the God mythos, and we'll be free of the chains that religion imposes upon scientific progression and the advancement of civilization.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gintron

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
Merited by kamenix (2)

I respect you,  no matter what you believe in. I am Catholic and here is why I believe that God exists. First of all we humans are not perfect, we often are in trouble, get ill, have relationship problems, financial problems...etc... We often worry about things that we can not control.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life"

I also believe in the way that He teaches us to treat others: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."
If everybody would treat each other like this the world would be a better place.

The chances that the world is so perfectly put together also the first cells is 1: the sum of all atoms in the universe = 0. So even mathematical it is impossible that life was created by chance.

Now there are 4 questions in life: Why I am here, What is right and wrong?,  What brings me meaning?, What happens with me when I die?

How you answer these questions in your life?

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:05:10 PM

I respect you,  no matter what you believe in. I am Catholic and here is why I believe that God exists. First of all we humans are not perfect, we often are in trouble, get ill, have relationship problems, financial problems...etc... We often worry about things that we can not control.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life"

I also believe in the way that He teaches us to treat others: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."
If everybody would treat each other like this the world would be a better place.

The chances that the world is so perfectly put together also the first cells is 1: the sum of all atoms in the universe = 0. So even mathematical it is impossible that life was created by chance.

Now there are 4 questions in life: Why I am here, What is right and wrong?,  What brings me meaning?, What happens with me when I die?

How you answer these questions in your life?

1. Humans create their own purpose in life, and I believe this changes with time. I believe the current purpose of our species is to ageing, and to become a space faring civilization.
2. Right and wrong are subjective, I believe that true good and evil does not exist, and as we have experienced, the definition of these also changes over time.
3. This is the same as question 1.
4. Your body will decompose, there is no life after death, the best we can hope is to extend lifespan indefinitely so we never have to face that conclusion.
golek upo

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:32:28 PM

Your question, The basic logic alone is clearly answered, if we live, we exist, then who makes us live?

Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:35:52 PM

Your question, The basic logic alone is clearly answered, if we live, we exist, then who makes us live?

That logic is disgusting.

Life can arise from nonliving matter, it doesn't need to be created.
bakul idu

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:37:26 PM

I believe the existence of god, because the universe will never be able to form by itself, necessarily require a creator. The creator is god.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:38:28 PM

I believe the existence of god, because the universe will never be able to form by itself, necessarily require a creator. The creator is god.

But the creator is able to form by itself? Doesn't that seem contradictory to you?
telcell

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:37 AM

Do not believe if some one tels you that there is some one higher then you.
If there is a supreme being then we must be it end of story.
Like Jesus said and many other great teachers "don't you know that the kingdom of god lies within you"
pheonyx

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:49:02 AM

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God?

To believe in a god, you need to be gullible, and believe whatever crazy things people tell you.  :/

To believe in God is not about being gullible it is about trusting everything to him, everything that remains mystery that even scientists can't discover. Even to a person who chose to believe the Big Bang theory knows that those theory is not enough to disclose every questionable explanation and by that I think he also use the word faith by continuing believing the Big Bang and let every mystery remain and hoping that someday science can explain which is actually not. So I'd rather chose to believe the one God who created every existence than believing it came from Big Bang or evolution. I'd respect your stand and understand it. It is very hard to believe to someone which is you never seen and declared it as the Creator, but it is also hard to believe that science can explain everything and the solution which is also actually not. I believe in science but not everything that it says, since they have different explanation and view on other things.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:37:57 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.
GOD actually doesn't depends on what religion you got, or what you want to believe or what they want you to believe. Religion for me is like a door for us into God's palace, which is church, mosque or whatever they called it. And it doesn't really matter after all.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?
Well then, why did Jesus, his son as said to Bible is been punished to death and crucified in front of his family, loved ones and GOD? It is because GOD knows whatever happened to us here in earth, as long as we are with him, and we believe in him, punishments are nothing because GOD and heaven is more than all of those.

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

Then you are saying science is most powerful than God? Then you know what, sometimes, power is what we can't even see nor explain.
Issabin

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:34:24 PM

We are all saying the same thing,science is a way of understanding existence. Everything is made from the same stuff but we think it's new or special because we changed its form or composition.God is time.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:53:12 PM

a Belief and it is required and also from his own person must also realize that the place where he stands now is the Almighty Creation and the breath of life he now enjoys is the gift of God Almighty ..and I myself have not seen it yet but I can feel it is the Grace and Blessing that comes from Him.

AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:31:27 PM

" Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed ", John 20:29. It is by faith that i believe God exists. I am a Christian and i strongly believe in God. Everything that we see, everything that is around us, does not exist/appear on it's own. It was all God's creation.
Jahson420

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:40:03 AM

God is exist in our world. Its just how can you explain like a cellphone in this world with out the inventor of it. We are all created by almighty god.
matthewogus01

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:57:25 AM

I believe God exists because there should be a superior being who created humans here in earth. God can come through many forms and not in a specific image or interpretation hence difference in religion, but there will always be a supreme being that created humans.
mylifeisorandom

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:00:38 AM

The very fact that I am alive and there are a lot of creations of God that has yet to be known and know why did it exist or where did it come from. There are so many unexplained things in this world that only God can comprehend.
bernashka

Activity: 298
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:19:59 PM

God does not need proof.
Moreover, human methods of cognition can not prove its existence.
And he (God) must be (exist) as the root cause of all that exists.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

God does not need proof.
Moreover, human methods of cognition can not prove its existence.
And he (God) must be (exist) as the root cause of all that exists.

Do you even understand how ridiculous what you just said is? You provided no evidence whatsoever, and yet you state he must exist.

Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:30:47 PM

The very fact that I am alive and there are a lot of creations of God that has yet to be known and know why did it exist or where did it come from. There are so many unexplained things in this world that only God can comprehend.

Thousands of years ago, we didn't understand weather (thermal columns, the water cycle, geothermal patterns), or the orbits of the planets (geosynchronous orbits, heliocentric orbits etc), or what matter is composed of (subatomic particles including baryons and fermions). We didn't even know how reproduction worked (the homunculus theory).

Thousands of years ago, people prayed that God would bring them good weather, we thought we were at the centre of the universe and that God made man out of clay. And now here you are, thousands of years later saying there are things we cannot comprehend? You do realize there is a difference between the not yet known, and the unknowable?

All of the replies to this thread stating WHY they believe has just been the same babble over and over, with no substance. In the future, when God is unequivocally disproved, you'll be laughed at.
fcf1081

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

Why do I believe that God exists?... simply.... because I exist.. I wouldn't be here without God who created me to be human, to be part of this earth that He created just because God isn't the way we expect to does not mean there no God...just because He punished or discipline us when we sin does not mean he is not.. and does not love us..on the contrary He did love us..proof?..He died for you on the Cross.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: