Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you believe God exists?  (Read 7853 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1362

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:40:40 PM

Everything with a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and therefore requires a cause. That cause is God.

So yes God does exist..but is he/she in the form of what religions portray them to be?

That is the everlasting question that has yet to be answered. Everyone believes their God is the one and only.

Who really knows!

Most of the religious books were written before the printing press. They were hand-copied. This process is very demanding on the copier.

There are over 25,000 ancient copies of the Bible. There are only a few ancient copies of any other religion. Why? Maybe God and the copiers and the people who believed in the God of the Bible, thought that the truth was important enough to make many copies for themselves.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcminer49er

Activity: 327
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

I can testify that God trully exists. There is no other person that will tell me something that will change my mind. When you feel the presence within yourself,your body. You know that this is it. You are judging Christianity by it's book. That Book is metaphor. Whole old testament is methapor. I'm 22 years old. I don't know many things about this book but I'm sure in that. Everything that is written in there doesn't have to be explained at all. Who does that? Only those who do not believe. I can type to this theme for days,what I've experienced. I just know the God is real.

1. My opinion on that is I'm born in Croatia. If I was born other country maybe I would believe in other religion. But does that matter? I think we all believe in one thing. Same thing. God.

2. God does not punish people. They punish themselves. That what are you saying,yes it happens to children,can't answer to that. Sickness exists because we brought it. That is what I believe. For me personal,I've been fighting with alergies my whole life. I'm on pills my whole life. When I was around 18 years old I found out what things do I need to avoid(I have atropical dermatits,neurodermatits). I just though wow how can I avoid that? I can't,that is something that I have to live with. Before that I was believer,but that thing that happend to me turned everything around. I never had girlfriend before and I tho I would never have one. Classic teen problems. But when he showed me what Evil is. Believe me. You don't want to see that what I saw.I'm 22 y old now. Sickness that he gave me was with the reason. I believe that reason is that I draw myself closer to him. Now my skin is pure,I've never been cleaner in my life. If you don't know what is that google it(Dermatits).

3. Already said everything.

Sorry if you didn't understand some things,my english is not that great. I hope you understand.
Parodium (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:39:05 PM

Everything with a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and therefore requires a cause. That cause is God.

So yes God does exist..but is he/she in the form of what religions portray them to be?

That is the everlasting question that has yet to be answered. Everyone believes their God is the one and only.

Who really knows!

The universe may not have had a beginning, ever heard of infinite regression?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1362

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

Who really knows!

The universe may not have had a beginning, ever heard of infinite regression?

Infinite regression isn't really even science theory. But entropy is science fact.

If there were no beginning, entropy would have reduced all complexity to a state of complete dispersal and diffusion by now.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
drwmhr

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:10:23 PM

Every single thing in this vague universe is a product of creation; and creation would not exist if there is no creator --- and that creator is the highest of them all, God. God as god, is the causation of all things, the beginning of all beginnings, the founder of all founders. The mere fact that we all do believe that things needs to have its origin, we can already say that there is 'Someone' or 'Something' that originates all of these, all of the things we know, and all of the things we are experiencing. If God does not exist, then where does that idea came from? Well, the concept of God would not emerge at the first place if that idea is not first-handed by someone whom somehow know and meet God Himself. Moreover, have you ever wonder why even though we are in living in a world wherein almost nothing is impossible,  yet, many things are still unknown, mysterious, and unexplainable? Just think about whose highest being knows all of the answers to all of the confusion, ignorance, and inquiries of life.
Adedeji19

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

You just have to believe." Well, here is an attempt to candidly offer some of the reasons which suggest that God exists.
But first consider this. When it comes to the possibility of God's existence, the Bible says that there are people who have seen sufficient evidence, but they have suppressed the truth about God.1 On the other hand, for those who want to know God if he is there, he says, "You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you."2 Before you look at the facts surrounding his existence, ask yourself, If God does exist, would I want to know him?.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:51:52 PM

Who really knows!

Let me guess, God does not require a cause, right?   Wink

Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:57:28 PM

You just have to believe." Well, here is an attempt to candidly offer some of the reasons which suggest that God exists.
But first consider this. When it comes to the possibility of God's existence, the Bible says that there are people who have seen sufficient evidence, but they have suppressed the truth about God.1 On the other hand, for those who want to know God if he is there, he says, "You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you."2 Before you look at the facts surrounding his existence, ask yourself, If God does exist, would I want to know him?.

Even if God does exist, it is quite clear he must be an absolute lunatic, and thus does not deserve my praise.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:56:39 AM
Merited by Vod (1)

It is sad that there hasn't been even a single rational attempt to address any of the points made in OP.

Looks like the following graph is holding true;

raizhur19

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:35:32 AM

I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

My best example is the book of life or our DNA. Our dna is composed of billions of instructions that commands how you will look like, hair color, eyes, shape of face, height and many more. Its so detailed that it cant be possibly made from accident, or just happened over the course of time. For example a book will not just fall from the sky and form its letters, shapes, color and compose comprehensible words in english or any other language. If you think that's possible you're silly. In the end just ask yourself this, can nothing create something? or can something come out of nothingness? There always will be a greater force than all of us, than all of the universe that made everything happen.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:52:55 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

My best example is the book of life or our DNA. Our dna is composed of billions of instructions that commands how you will look like, hair color, eyes, shape of face, height and many more. Its so detailed that it cant be possibly made from accident, or just happened over the course of time. For example a book will not just fall from the sky and form its letters, shapes, color and compose comprehensible words in english or any other language. If you think that's possible you're silly. In the end just ask yourself this, can nothing create something? or can something come out of nothingness? There always will be a greater force than all of us, than all of the universe that made everything happen.

You say can nothing create something, and yet you ignore the fact that your God must have come from nothing.

Your reasoning is fatally flawed, humans evolved by sequential adaptation, like a stacking process of adding and remove pieces of an organic puzzle. Over millions of years this process leads to complex systems such as humans, yes, this process is remarkably unlikely to occur, nobody denies that. But there are also trillions of worlds in the universe which did NOT undergo these steps, we are, as far as we know alone in the universe. Of course, the fact that we exist allows us to perceive ourselves, it allows us to acknowledge our own rarity. However, do not mistake that for evidence of a creator, that is a bias of reason, to assume we are created, is to assume all those other planets were left barren by that same creator.
MrCrowley

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:08:59 PM

I like the idea of Elon Musk's Universe Simulation, where the Universe is just a compute program/game, developed by a post-human civilization. This seems legit to me, especially taking into account that the humanity itself is able to simulate universes with the help of computer.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:59:19 PM

I like the idea of Elon Musk's Universe Simulation, where the Universe is just a compute program/game, developed by a post-human civilization. This seems legit to me, especially taking into account that the humanity itself is able to simulate universes with the help of computer.

That definitely wasn't Musk's idea, the simulation hypothesis has been around for decades.
Parodium (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:13:57 AM

I believe God exists simple it because we exists in this world.

Wow, you clearly have a beautiful mind. Your poise, the way you frame your sentence(s)... It's exquisite. Your ability to convey such depth in so few words is remarkable. Truly, if I can become just half the man you are, I'll die proud.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:14:25 PM

Who really knows!

Most of the religious books were written before the printing press. They were hand-copied. This process is very demanding on the copier.

There are over 25,000 ancient copies of the Bible. There are only a few ancient copies of any other religion. Why? Maybe God and the copiers and the people who believed in the God of the Bible, thought that the truth was important enough to make many copies for themselves.

Cool

And there are over 2 million huge blocks on the pyramid of Khufu, does that mean aliens did it? Your ''proof'' is extremely shitty to say the least.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
AdarWeinreb

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:22:48 PM

The two main possibilities for god existing is...

1. God is a vast energy field that connects all atoms. It predates the big bang, is "all powerful" and is what people feel when they reach "enlightenment". Whether through religious practice, mediation or use of psychedelics.

2. We are living in a simulation created by other beings. Technically speaking those beings or being would be our god.

The chance of any religion being "the truth" is close to zero. That being said all religions have beauty and brilliance in them and can help certain people live a happy and healthy life.
itsmekathy

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:00:30 AM

I believe the god exist for us all, because if he is not all of us now and if not,we will not see the world he has made for us.
Aventhe

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:07:19 AM

I do believe that God exist. Everything you see is a proof of his existence. Its not like "to see is to believe" kind of thing. Its a mystery on how he work wonders. Even impossible things can happen if there's a faith involved.

I think we can agree that Science is our "God", however that doesn't mean society shouldn't follow a guideline of ethical and/or moral rules.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:59:08 AM

Because beginning of life and after life are the two main things that we want to know. But science is not able to explain them.
I agree, even the great scientist cannot exlplain the origins of life and the universe. So who is responsible for all of these? Who knows everything? Most probably he's not human. He is God.
sophiastacruz

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:15:43 PM

Well, if God doesn't exist where do we base the standards of morality. How can we say that this certain thing is right or wrong, unless we realy have a higher being who is perfect and good.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: