Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to BitInstant?  (Read 7992 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:27:19 PM

So fed up with that poorly programmed site.   Its clear that nobody has done an ounce of testing on the web pages they created.  Just the login / registration page is saturated with bugs and improper handling of basic things like text on forms.  Its incredible.  I haven't been able to get logged in for 4 weeks now, and after they fixed it for me, it broke in 10 more ways.  Still can't get logged in.  My friend says he can, and while inside the site, everything malfunctions.

Done trying.

Is there any other website or service that allows CVS moneygram / zipzap cash deposits that will get into MTGOX or other exchanges in a matter of hours?  I'd be happy with a day or two even.  Something faster than this ridiculous Week Long wait Coinbase forces on me, or the $40 international wire fee followed by 3-4 day wait of MTGOX ...

Thanks.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4613

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:20:59 AM

So fed up with that poorly programmed site.   Its clear that nobody has done an ounce of testing on the web pages they created.  Just the login / registration page is saturated with bugs and improper handling of basic things like text on forms.  Its incredible.  I haven't been able to get logged in for 4 weeks now, and after they fixed it for me, it broke in 10 more ways.  Still can't get logged in.  My friend says he can, and while inside the site, everything malfunctions.

Done trying.

Is there any other website or service that allows CVS moneygram / zipzap cash deposits that will get into MTGOX or other exchanges in a matter of hours?  I'd be happy with a day or two even.  Something faster than this ridiculous Week Long wait Coinbase forces on me, or the $40 international wire fee followed by 3-4 day wait of MTGOX ...

Thanks.

Where are you located?  You might try looking at https://localbitcoins.com

If you are anywhere near the Greater Chicagoland area in the United States, I'd probably be willing to meet up with you to make an exchange.

If you aren't near Chicago, but are willing to send a U.S. postal order, I'd be willing to sell you bitcoins that way that you can then send to MtGox if you want.

You might also look into posting what you're looking for at the Bitcointalk.org "Currency Exchange" Sub-Forum.
BitTrade

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:57:29 AM

seems like there's a demand that's not being met by the market.. time for someone to step up.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:04:30 AM

You could always try BIPS.
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:22:34 AM

I may use your service for a Magento plug-in on my online store, but do you do what I mentioned above?   USA based CVS deposits using Moneygram that go directly to an MTGOX or other exchange account from cash in a matter of hours?   Based on your home page, you don't even seem to be in the USA.   

tacobell

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:29:46 AM

localbitcoins.com rocks. i have used it 5 times now with a variety of payments(i used moneypacks and vanilla reloadits)  go to those selling online in usd. the site works as an escrow between u and whatever vendor u choose... click buy and put in how many usd u want to spend. it will make the escrow and takes the coin from the vendor.. you send the vendor a message with whatever payment info u are using and when vendor confirms he sees payment the site releases ur escrowed coins. it has been faster and at times cheaper than bitinstant and gox for me:)
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:08:00 AM

I may use your service for a Magento plug-in on my online store, but do you do what I mentioned above?   USA based CVS deposits using Moneygram that go directly to an MTGOX or other exchange account from cash in a matter of hours?   Based on your home page, you don't even seem to be in the USA.   

Not in a matter of hours no. But you can deposit to bank, to buy Bitcoin.
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:16:46 PM

LocalBitcoin seems like a bit of a ripoff to me.

Dude is willing to use Moneygram but he's listing BTC at $99 even though the market value right now is $82.   I asked him to lower the price and he said i can get discounts if I buy more.

Im not trying to get ripped off here.  

If LocalBitcoins don't sell BTC at market value or close to it, why would I buy through them?   Id rather just wait the insane 8 days for coinbase to finish the transaction.

Am i not getting something?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:23:33 PM

Guys what is the best way to pay on LocalBitcoins if you do "online" ?

First dude wants Western Union ... has minimum of $500 purchase, have to pay $12 ... wait 3 days if you do it online . .... blah blah blah.   Hardly better if you ask me.

Second dude willing to use Moneygram but he's listing BTC at $99 even though the market value right now is $82.   I asked him to lower the price and he said i can get discounts if I buy more.

Im not trying to get ripped off here. 

If LocalBitcoins don't sell BTC at market value or close to it, why would I buy through them?   Id rather just wait the insane 8 days for coinbase to finish the transaction.

Plenty of people at localbitcoins sell at or near mtgox value.  I've often even sold below below mtgox value there.  I assume you don't have any sellers nearby that are advertising a reasonable rate?  Have you considered listing your own buy ad there?

I've never used localbitcoins for an "online" exchange.  That doesn't seem to make sense.  Why use "local"bitcoins if you are looking for an "online" exchange.  You might as well use one of the established services such as coinbase, mtgox, or CampBX.

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:27:45 PM

Yeah I know but I didnt suggest the website  lol.  Someone else did above.

And im not really one for showing up in my car and handing cash to some dude.

Too weird.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:30:01 PM

If LocalBitcoins don't sell BTC at market value or close to it, why would I buy through them?   Id rather just wait the insane 8 days for coinbase to finish the transaction.

No it's clear, wait 8 days or pay some more money to get bitcoins fast. In 8 days price might can go up or down alot.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:38:53 PM

Yeah I know but I didnt suggest the website  lol.  Someone else did above.

Too weird.

Odd.  I do that every time I go grocery shopping.  Or to a movie.  Or a restaurant.  Or just about any other purchase I ever make.

I show up in my car.  Then I hand over cash to some person for whatever it is that I'm buying.  Then I get back in my car and drive away.

You have some other method you use for everyday purchases?
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:46:09 PM

Too weird.

Odd.  I do that every time I go grocery shopping.  Or to a movie.  Or a restaurant.  Or just about any other purchase I ever make.

I show up in my car.  Then I hand over cash to some person for whatever it is that I'm buying.  Then I get back in my car and drive away.

Dear Captain Sarcastic:  Im not even going to reply.  You know exactly what I meant when I wrote it.  Though you're pretending not to.

No it's clear, wait 8 days or pay some more money to get bitcoins fast. In 8 days price might can go up or down alot.
Thread was titled "Alternative to BitInstant".  

BitInstant does not sell Bitcoin at $17 over its market value.

Still looking for an alternative to Bitinstant.
-B-

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:52:36 PM

Too weird.

You know exactly what I meant when I wrote it.  Though you're pretending not to.

Honestly I don't see the difference.  I drive my car to a nearby location such as McDonald's.  I go in and buy a drink.  Then I sit down at a table.  Shortly thereafter, someone else walks in and sits down across from me.  They send me some bitcoins (which I confirm with my cell phone), then I hand them the cash.  When I'm done with my drink, I get up, go to my car, and drive away.

What is the difference between paying the person on the other side of the counter who hands me my drink, and paying the person on the other side of the table who sends me my bitcoins?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:59:54 PM

Thread was titled "Alternative to BitInstant".  

BitInstant does not sell Bitcoin at $17 over its market value.

Still looking for an alternative to Bitinstant.
-B-

There is no exact alternative currently.
You need to do deal with individuals on bitcoin-otc or here in currency exchange section, if you need bitcoins at marketprice.

Ps: if you are worried about getting scammed, use a escrow.
tacobell

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:27:31 AM

lol at localbitcoins rate..u realize there are about 5000+ people on ther from cities all across the us as well as online transactions...and u guys need to understand the online transactions better..the site name may be localbitcoins but the online transactions are easy as hell... i looked through the list of online vendors..found several taking moneypak. several taking vanilla reloadit. several bank transfer u name it... i have never ever piad more than 3% above gox on there u just have to find the right people...also i have never done a local trade as i dont care to show up with large sums of money for btc transactions.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:28:59 AM

A great alternative is bitsumo.com, you should go check their website out. Also here is their thread for any questions you may have: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226091.0
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:43:19 AM

I've never used localbitcoins for an "online" exchange.  That doesn't seem to make sense.  Why use "local"bitcoins if you are looking for an "online" exchange.  You might as well use one of the established services such as coinbase, mtgox, or CampBX.
An unbelievable number of people are willing to do this, you just need to understand that the market of people who want to buy Bitcoins is much larger than the computer geek/early adopter crowd that hangs out here and on #bitcoin-otc.

There are an enormous number of people out there who are willing to accept the complexity involved with using LocalBitcoins + Dwolla (or some other online payment method) but are not willing to deal with the hassle of setting up and verifying an exchange account. They find the idea of paying a premium in order for someone else to handle that for them, or at least to sell them some coins right now while they wait 30 days to get verified on Coinbase or CampBX, more than acceptable.

Ask me how I know.
tacobell

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:50:52 PM

^^^^ correct... lol and i just purchased 10 coin from clickerx on there with vanilla reloadit card for 70.50   while gox spot is 69ish   so i paid a whopping .50cent per coin premium../.....WAYYY cheaper than bitinstant.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: