Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: People a lot of times forget that we live in a digital world  (Read 1547 times)
SeanArce (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:34:24 AM

We do everything on devices. I barely even use paper anymore with the exception of my ass. Value has to be stored to retain its validity . Fiat gets stored in centralized banks? what a joke. Totally inefficient and has no mathematic logic to it. People are Fallible. a machine especially when it's a well built machine isn't fallible. I'd trust a machine over a banker any day of the week

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:56:45 AM

People a lot of times forget that we live in a digital world and every our purchase can be easily tracked. Use paper money to save ur privacy.
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

People a lot of times forget that we live in a digital world and every our purchase can be easily tracked. Use paper money to save ur privacy.

People a lot of times forget that we live in a digital world and every our purchase can be easily tracked. Use shared wallets to save ur privacy.

the blockchain shared sending is really good for that reason. the only thing it lacks is a calculator where you can enter the output amount and it tells you how much to send =/
SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:21:16 AM

People a lot of times forget that we live in a digital world and every our purchase can be easily tracked. Use shared wallets to save ur privacy.

the blockchain shared sending is really good for that reason. the only thing it lacks is a calculator where you can enter the output amount and it tells you how much to send =/

Shared wallets. Can you explain?

www.onefamous.org
Aswan
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:42:26 AM

Shared wallets. Can you explain?

A Shared Wallet is a wallet multiple people send payments to in order to get back the same amount (usually minus a little fee). Its simple. You go to the shared wallets website and set up a redirect to an address of your choice. Now you get another address to pay to. You now pay any amount to the address you just got and it will send you unrelated coins to the address you originally wanted to send a payment to (minus the fee). That way the recipient cannot find out the address the coins have been sent from in the first place, at least not without asking the shared wallet service provider. Now it that service provider deletes shared wallet data after 8 hours (like blockchain.info) its pretty save.

A Shared wallet can also be an exchange. if you send coins to BTC-e and withdraw them again, you dont get the same coins. In fact you get coins that have a high probability to be unrelated to your original coins and therefore not traceable to you (except for ppl having access to the BTC-e server). I suggest, if using this, using a service that deletes all the related data after the redirection.

You can find blockchains shared sending option here:

https://blockchain.info/de/wallet/send-shared
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:49:51 AM

People are Fallible. a machine especially when it's a well built machine isn't fallible. I'd trust a machine over a banker any day of the week

Have you never heard of hacks?

@Awsan: Inputs.io offers free mixing, automatically. We don't charge any fees.
whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 11:57:39 AM

That is just in the current digital state IMO, a state not bound to the platform itself. If you look at initiatives like Zerocoin this will hopefully change in the future.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:11:01 PM

We do everything on devices. I barely even use paper anymore with the exception of my ass. Value has to be stored to retain its validity . Fiat gets stored in centralized banks? what a joke. Totally inefficient and has no mathematic logic to it. People are Fallible. a machine especially when it's a well built machine isn't fallible. I'd trust a machine over a banker any day of the week

Now , really
Until I can press the delete button instead of going to the toilet , press ctrl c ctrl v instead of eating , send instead of going to x on a trip and , FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF instead of you knwo what with my girlfriend , I would say we still have a long way to go. Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Aswan
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:56:09 PM

People are Fallible. a machine especially when it's a well built machine isn't fallible. I'd trust a machine over a banker any day of the week

Have you never heard of hacks?

@Awsan: Inputs.io offers free mixing, automatically. We don't charge any fees.

Do you guys save the history and transaction data of the mixing? If yes, how long? Where are your servers located?
jnagyjr

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 01:40:32 PM

Except you are forgetting machines are built and programmed by people. Even machines that build other machines are first built and programmed by people. I agree people are fallible, but to claim something made by (fallible) people is infallible is nonsense.

Proverbs 12:1
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

Except you are forgetting machines are built and programmed by people. Even machines that build other machines are first built and programmed by people. I agree people are fallible, but to claim something made by (fallible) people is infallible is nonsense.

I like you're point. People tend to forget that machines are made by people. Like you said, even machines which build machines were first made by a person. What's the famous quote? "All computers are stupid". They can't think for themselves, they take instructions and operate because something is telling them to do that certain action. When you are on the computer and click to open a document the computer doesn't go "No, piss off. You haven't cleaned me yet". Computers don't have AI. They are programmed by a person and operate on that persons instructions.
jnagyjr

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 03:51:45 PM

I like you're point. People tend to forget that machines are made by people. Like you said, even machines which build machines were first made by a person. What's the famous quote? "All computers are stupid". They can't think for themselves, they take instructions and operate because something is telling them to do that certain action. When you are on the computer and click to open a document the computer doesn't go "No, piss off. You haven't cleaned me yet". Computers don't have AI. They are programmed by a person and operate on that persons instructions.

Even an AI would have had to initially be programmed by someone, and therefore will have similarities (including any foibles) to that person and their personality. Group programmed? Will have a conglomeration of quirks and personality traits. Even if it were advanced enough to trace its lineage through several self-reprogammings it would still have all the human problems of greed, pride, desire for power, etc.

SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 PM

You're right, a dirty person will make a dirty machine, but we are talking about technological advancements here. People get weird when we talk about absolute truths( ie value exist) and when it's common among everyone as in this case currency people always feel ad they are being exploited by the powerful and untouchable. Crypto cancels out this untouchable factor and everyone has to play their part in the laws and physics of financial reality

www.onefamous.org
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:29:08 PM

EMP  Shocked
acs26

July 05, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

I think you mean 'technology advanced' world.

We don't use digital things to eat instead of food, same with things that regenerate our thirst.
Digital things doesn't replace our emotions.
Digital things can't replace the senses.
We don't do everything on digitized devices.

'digital world' Is saying a little too much. Just saying 'world' is actually crazy.

Machines aren't exactly 'perfect', nor is the human race. Somebody could probably hack your wallets, and steal your Cryptocurrencies. Sometimes machines do fail at being secure. Bankers however could run away with your money, and steal your money.

Even good 'machines' could be 'hacked' into doing another job.

Nobody is forgetting the world we live in. There's about 5-10 video games coming out per year, and double that amount P.Cs coming out each year. Probably 6 graphics cards coming out every two months, and 24 Cryptocurrencies coming out each week. (Yes, mostly 'crappy' ones) So as you can see, nobody is forgetting it.
QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:20:12 PM

I barely even use paper anymore with the exception of my ass.

You are leaving DNA everywhere. You're methods are unsound.
jnagyjr

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 12:41:27 AM

You're right, a dirty person will make a dirty machine, but we are talking about technological advancements here. People get weird when we talk about absolute truths( ie value exist) and when it's common among everyone as in this case currency people always feel ad they are being exploited by the powerful and untouchable. Crypto cancels out this untouchable factor and everyone has to play their part in the laws and physics of financial reality

There is nothing wrong with absolute truths or morals, but we need to keep things in perspective, too. Computers? Great devices that may or may not actually help make things easier. Far from perfect (otherwise they'd never break down) and that goes for the software too. I love your post though and your last sentence, that is very true:

Crypto cancels out this untouchable factor and everyone has to play their part in the laws and physics of financial reality

If people would just get this and quit this worry about what BTC equals in USD/FRC/RUB/EUR/GRB/et. al and just get on with the reality of using them as replacements for those currencies, then we'd have something with value. Until then we're just playing in the digital sand.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: