Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:10:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ADVICE - Why have i got low speed on this NEW S9_13.5Th ???  (Read 256 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:13:10 AM

Hi All

One of my four from November batch of S9's is NOT playing game....

For some reason the speed gradually drops, even though temps and frequency are OK ?? (AutoFreq FW)

Anyone got any ideas as what's going on ? ALL the other S9's are fine, same room, same ambient temps etc ?

Tried differing PSU's etc, but same outcome.

PIC BELOW -

https://imgur.com/K8mdn80

Cheers
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:58:17 PM

Just testing another PSU, this one is again a Bitmain branded one and ALL seems OK...Mmmmmm

Starting to see a strange trend here or i have several 'aftermarket' PSU's that work fine on older model miners..?
cableiso

Activity: 244
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:11:05 PM

No kidding?!?!  Is that another Yunhui PSU problem?  Can you post the label of the PSU that is causing problems, and clarify whether it's one unit or several of those power supplies that are bad?

The one I have is called
YUNHUI
BTC miner power supply
Model: G1057-1800W
Input: 176-264VAC 50/60Hz 15A Max
Output: 12V, 150A Max

I have only tested it for a short while.  It seemed OK but yours sounds like the voltage is drooping or collapsing under load.  I'm interested because I'm moving into a data center 2h away and I don't want these supplies to crap out as soon as I get halfway home, lol.

If you have a voltmeter, I would check the voltage at the power supply's screw terminals as the miner ramps up.  Use this miner that limps along, not the other miners that just hammer the supply and stop mining.
There is a blue adjustment pot in mine, but messing with it could be dangerous if you don't have a voltmeter to make sure you are not exceeding the s9 spec.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: