Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading toughts and my experience so far.  (Read 284 times)
Architect1978 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:36:21 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 07:25:40 PM by Architect1978

Hi all.

I ve bought 3.7 BTC around 45 days ago.

I have now 1 BTC in KeepKey and deposited it in a real bank safe with huge doors. Ironic no? lol.

The other 2.7 BTC were all invested in altcoins (LTcoin, Dash, ETH, Monero, ETH Classic, EMC2, ADA, Fun, Pow, BCH and other small investments).

The value of BTC as raisen so high in the past two months that the converted 2.7 BTC are now equal to around 2.3 BTC. Most of my drop in btc value was due to bch drop from 1700 to 1250.
Now stabilized a bit but i am still losing btc value in general today due to altcoin investment.
Im using Bittrex for trading but Im not doing much buy and sell. Just some normal daily trade, most times i dont even touch it.

My total investment raised 37%. But making quick counts, if all was invested in BTC i would have now around +87% of value profit. But my belief is that in mid-long term the altcoin investment will pay out.

My doubts:
1 Did i do right in converting such big amount of BTC to other altcoins?
2 Should I hold the altcoins/trade some more months?
3 Should I go 50% BTC 50% altcoin, or something like 25 % btc + 25% bch and 50% other altcoins?
4 I am doing something wrong and those 2.7 should be much higher now?

Cheers and thanks in advance
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kapipindot

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:59:03 PM

Hi all.

I have now 1 BTC in KeepKey and deposited it in a real bank safe with huge doors. Ironic no? lol.

The other 2.7 BTC were all invested in altcoins (LTcoin, Dash, ETH, Monero, ETH Classic, EMC2, ADA, Fun, Pow, BCH and other small investments).

The value of BTC as raisen so high in the past two months that the converted 2.7 BTC are now equal to +-2.3 BTC.
Im using Bittrex for trading but Im not doing much buy and sell. Just some normal daily trade, sometimes i dont even touch it.

My total investment raised 37%. But making quick counts, if all was invested in BTC i would have now around +87% of value profit. But my belief is that in mid-long term the altcoin investment will pay out.

My doubts:
3 Should I go 50% BTC 50% altcoin, or something like 25 % btc + 25% bch and 50% other altcoins?

If you had a profit of 2.3BTC well I think you just made it right. you are now 25000$ richer than 45 days ago. I don't know if it's just me but man, 25000$ in 45 days is a lot of money. Top tier altcoins for me will be just as good as the price of BTC in terms of profit over time. As long as you keep those trade profitable, no matter how small or big, it is better than doing nothing.
Architect1978 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:08:42 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 04:33:20 PM by Architect1978

Hi there! Thanks for your opinion.

I got confused with euro converstion but here goes:

Not 2.3 profit.

I applied 2.7 btc value in the start into the altcoins market. Basically converted 2.7 btc to 2.7 altcoins.
I have now 2.37 btc in altcoins.
So i droped 0.33 in terms of btc value. And still dropping as btc rises steadly. Now 11700$

In overall:
In 15Nov my investiment was at 23635euros.
Today is worth 33.327euros.
19 days. 45 days was when i start buying, really slowly. But only in 15nov i made a big move which for me only really counts after that.
So ive profited 9.692euros which is around 1 btc.
So +-1btc profit in 19 days?
Which in my humble toughts is low if i add bet all into btc in 15Nov.
Imho the current profit-loss will pay in the mid-long term but only time will tell and i dont have any magic ball. Like all we, i suppose.

I think ive made the bad choice of buying BCH at 1700 which kinda ruined me the past week. I bought it high and could have bought it much lower afterwards. Now recovering a bit from that... hopefully.

Ps.
I dont have any fintech background.
Just digital professional history and gambling passion.

bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:27:51 PM

Hi all.

The value of BTC as raisen so high in the past two months that the converted 2.7 BTC are now equal to +-2.3 BTC. Most of my drop in btc value was due to bch drop from 1700 to 1250.
Now stabilized a bit but i am still losing btc value in general today due to altcoin investment.
Im using Bittrex for trading but Im not doing much buy and sell. Just some normal daily trade, most times i dont even touch it.

My doubts:

Firstly you're in profit so that's something to be happy about but some thoughts of mine on your questions
1) I would have gone for something more along the lines of 50% in BTC and the rest in alts.
2) Definitely I would hold them alts will have a good period as things generally work in cycles, trade only if you can profit, otherwise don't.
3) I answered this in part 1
4) Certainly not doing something wrong, no one knows exactly what will happen and so you should be grateful for any profit. Bitcoin has just been particularly bullish of late.

Architect1978 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:37:59 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 05:06:14 PM by Architect1978

For 50% btc / 50 % altcoin suggestion i have to convert 0.545 back to btc. Or bch a bit too of it. Dont know what´s going to happen, i fear btc might collapse quite a bit early next year.

I really might follow your suggestion in the mid-long term.

Ive read bullish many times in the forum but cant really understand the full meaning of it, in the btc context.

Thanks!

Noob alert question:

Ive bought 1 monero worth 155$ worth 0.0194btc that time when btc was at 8000$
Now monero is worth 203$ but less 0.0173btc value.
If i sell 1 monero now i get more $ but less btc so i am still losing, right?

Stupid question i guess lol but the answer is obvious. I lose btc if i sell.

MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:06:00 PM

No, you said that you lost a lot of money because of that, why are you asking it? It does not even need an answer.

I would sell them right now, maybe they are increasing in usd value, but in fact, you are losing bitcoin, i dumped most part of my altcoins a few months ago because of that, i am now holding only ethereum because of obvious reasons.

It is upto you, i would sell all of those alts right now before bitcoin goes upto $15,000 as soon as possible.
Maybe you can still make another 20% before it happens.

Hello
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:09:09 PM

bitcoin is already a speculative mess.
most altcoins are pure fantasy. dont let your btc go. keep btc and ether...
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:23:29 PM

It is not wise for you to flap bitcoin for any altcoins now as bitcoin has outperform every other coins and if you looked at the graft or bitcoin/altcoins charts you will agree with me that bitcoin is always bullish for the past 48 days.  If your intentions is to buying bitcoin with the arm of investing into those coins for long term it then mean you have to hold as in future you will get more than you have invested but it has to be for long term.
Architect1978 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:46:35 PM

Yeh exactly, long term profit tought only because short term it´s losing. Or lose really bad if even more dumb than me.

Ive to re think my porfolio better because althought i won $$$ value i lost btc. So not good btc trading so far!
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:07:00 PM

It is not wise for you to flap bitcoin for any altcoins now as bitcoin has outperform every other coins and if you looked at the graft or bitcoin/altcoins charts you will agree with me that bitcoin is always bullish for the past 48 days. 

What is the point of that post? You are repeating the same phrase once and once again, it is like a repeating machine who is failing because it does not have more batteries.

Altcoins are a good option if you are going to invest your money in there and forget about it, but yes, bitcoin has been giving out better profits than altcoins.

If you are a short term trader, then you need to catch those altcoins that are making unpredictable pumps in a short term, like what happened to cardano, minexcoin, bitcore.

They all made more than 50% in a day and nobody was expecting it, they gave a lot of profit to the ones who invested a day or two before that spike.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:14:49 PM

My doubts:

1. No, you didn't. You barely invested 27% on BTC, and that's a very low amount considering you had 3.7 BTC from the start. It's always recommendable to invest a lower percentage of BTC in altcoins.
2. Altcoins have been on the rise for the past several weeks, so i'm sure the profit value is high in your portfolio. I would wait a few more months before trading, unless you're going for a short-term goal.
3. 60% BTC, 40% the rest.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:17:17 PM

I think you are on the right track. It's very wise that you have diversified your investments and thus minimized the risk. I would only put smaller amount in altcoins and maybe made sligthly different choice but I think you have good chances for decent profit in the future. Although altcoins could be tricky investment so keep an eye closely on that market. And with bitcoin you can't go wrong and current price shows that the best.

malaj
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:20:15 PM

It is not wise for you to flap bitcoin for any altcoins now as bitcoin has outperform every other coins and if you looked at the graft or bitcoin/altcoins charts you will agree with me that bitcoin is always bullish for the past 48 days. 

What is the point of that post? You are repeating the same phrase once and once again, it is like a repeating machine who is failing because it does not have more batteries.

Altcoins are a good option if you are going to invest your money in there and forget about it, but yes, bitcoin has been giving out better profits than altcoins.

If you are a short term trader, then you need to catch those altcoins that are making unpredictable pumps in a short term, like what happened to cardano, minexcoin, bitcore.

They all made more than 50% in a day and nobody was expecting it, they gave a lot of profit to the ones who invested a day or two before that spike.

It is good option but instead of that why cannot go to invest on bitcoin alone. Your fund will double in couple of months but if you invested altcoins you have to wait for the long time you can spare to have your fund top rated altcoins also.
You stated cheap altcoins to be stick with in the trading site. I don't you have brain or not to trade this coins to make money in trading.
Go to trade with the bitcoin, ethereum, monero and zcash. These are perfect for all the time.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
lostinbtc

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:31:33 PM

well you are smart for hedging with 1 btc that way if prices on it rise while alts fail then you will lower your losses and vice versa if your alts go up while btc goes down then you win again. =) good luck
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:06:52 PM

My doubts:
1.No you didnt do right converting such amount and diversifying it without gathering proper knowledge about each coin.
2.Maybe yes but do consider that in such time BTC will also increase at its very own pace so you might also again lose something.
3. Only risk that amount in alts which you can afford to lose that is the very simple theory.
4. its not necessary it depends upon market and your decision sometimes you lose and sometimes you gain can't blame you for starting to trade.
Architect1978 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:23:50 PM

Thank you all! Very wise comments.

I´ve learned great deal from this conversation and it´s probably going to be the most important topic i ever made, hehe.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: