Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100K$ to invest! What would you do?  (Read 718 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:07:00 PM

Quit my job. i'll invest in bitconnect, purchase in ICO and trade daily

You'll be back on the job market quite soon then.

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mhgxd (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:54:30 PM

Well, I thought I mentioned it, I have “enough” bitcoins. I must say, I love bitcoin, it made me filthy rich and I’m just looking forward to invest in cryptosphere.

I don’t want to invest in other altcoins.

I’m just looking forward to invest in mining because I want it to be my hobby, but I also don’t want my hobby to not generate me a good revenue.

I understand that most of people here are judging that 100k$ is too much to invest in mining, but most of them are not telling why I shouldn’t invest in mining.

“Takes too much time, burning gpu” these aren’t cons at all, I know it’ll take time, and I’m willing to give time to my new hobby  Smiley . “Burning gpu” - laughed at this, I shall but some smoke sensors tho’.

Anyways,

Hell, someone told me to invest in BitConnect, and I feel really sorry for thay guy.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply tho.

I’d still be waiting for someone to show up with some good ideas as how a mining farm should start out.

Cheers.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Why not start the same as almost all miners; start small scale and work your way up?

Talking strictly about GPU mining, there are so many mining rig threads all over the place, check them out, research and come up with a plan/details.

Ask yourself these questions:
 - AMD or Nvidia? And once you can pick and answer why, you have your base;
 - How powerful cards do you want? Density: lot's of low power cards or more like fewer but more powerful cards?
 - What motherboard to use? 6xPCIe or one of those 13xPCIe motherboards? What brand? What can you get your hands on? (look around here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/?s=motherboard it's a great site with many mining-related topics)
 - What power supplies to use? One huge or multiple smallers or even high capacity server PSUs? You have to know power consumptions of cards, the PC, the wires you use, your breaker, etc to be confident.
 - What frame to put the cards on? Closed case with vents or open frames?
 - What CPU/how much memory, what kind of powered USB risers?
 - What OS? Windows or linux based? That makes a difference in terms of what kind of miners you can use.
 - What mining softwares to use?
 - What coins to mine?

If you'll have a couple of rigs that you can work with you can scale them up confidently instead of buying everything at the start and running into costly issues.

Whatever the case might be, I'd advise not to invest all your money into mining; have a nice cushion in case something awful happens. Also, definitely talk to an electrician before you go crazy.

Not your keys, not your coins!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:56:11 AM

Gold maybe.. sure as hell not shitcoins.

EDIT:
Oh and Willy Woo is a scammy corrupt immoral douche i guarantee it.
Most of you doing this have no sense of integrity.
Morality or ideology has no interest to you ..nor does crypto (or it's future or usage)
You all will line up to squat down and take a fat shit all over it.. as long as you make money in the process.
Sound to me like he helped contribute to the 2008 world wide recession as will as shitcoining for ROI's.
Should i be jealous of idiots robbing old ladies for pensions too ?

Crypto makes me sick .

What do you mean by that, and how can you criticize something that has been going on for thousands of years? Yes, I am talking about trading and the markets. If no one traded, there would be no cryptocoin economy.

If you did not bother to look, a trading market is the backbone of any economy.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:24:24 AM

Hi,

So I've got 100k$ that I'm planning to invest, I shall say, I'm not a trader, I've never daily traded any crypto in my life so trading is off topic.

I'm already highly invested in bitcoin and these 100k$ that I'm planning to invest came from btc profit which I invested way back to 2013.

I'm looking for options towards mining, I've checked out mining rigs, but honestly I can't figure out what cards to choose and which are the best.
I'm also between ASIC or GPU, gpu seems to give more space since you can mine a couple of coins with them and get better profit from it.

If you'd have this 100k$ to invest in mining hardware, what would you choose and why. I'm in a 3rd world country and electricity is pretty affordable even in large consumption.

I've had 2 rigs with 6 x radeon 480 4gb, for 6 months and I'm not even near to get my investment back since I bought the 2 rigs for around 6.5k Euros.
and this is holding me back since I can't get a plain plan, as what to invest and what to mine that would get me my investment back at least around 1 year from investment point.

Well do what your gut tells you to do, if you like mining then mine (I like Gold and the thought of mining Gold is attractive) I am sure everyone has great idea's about how to invest your money, but I wonder how would they invest their own if this was their own thread/ I would buy a couple pieces of equipment that could pull gold out of the dirt and continue to do what i did to get me the 100K$, as for the card - where i am you need a MSHA card to make the good money mining, i do not recommend that route to anyone its long hours and a bunch of crap to go with it.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: