Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:11:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will PayPal start accepting bitcoin?
in 1 year. - 5 (8.5%)
in 2 years. - 5 (8.5%)
in 3 years. - 2 (3.4%)
in 4 years. - 2 (3.4%)
in 5 years. - 4 (6.8%)
after 5 years. - 5 (8.5%)
never. - 36 (61%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will PayPal start accepting bitcoin?  (Read 2031 times)
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:34:24 AM

I think it will happen that paypal will accept bitcoin but now we have no exact date what will it gonna happen bitcoin is getting bigger now and its not a big barriers to accept bitcoin in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xfaqs01

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:44:16 AM

its hard to predict the exact date but i assume its near once the etf be approved itll create a domino effect were financial institution will get in, and that tweet of elon about bitcoin is a signal, and elon is one of the founder of paypal so i think its coming.

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
AiBBio

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:45:48 AM

Yes, I think the same. Both sides (Paypal y Bitcoin) will get advantages.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:25:48 PM

I won't guess as it could happen, it could never happen, depends on Paypal policies. But why would we want paypal to process Bitcoin payments? anyone can send or receive Bitcoins directly!
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:19:54 PM

Sure, paypal is the big kid on the block right now, but who's to say they won't start accepting bitcoin as one of many international currencies?

(Edit: I just added "after 5 years" and "never" as additional poll choices.)

I'm not sure about this, because we know the value of bitcoin can change at any time. this is the factor that becomes the problem. and if PayPal accepts it in other words Amazon first accepts bitcoin in every shopping transaction.

isislow

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 04:36:02 PM

for many reasons , i dont think paypal will accept bitcoin . and if BTC kept growing more and more . paypal wont be able to resist for the next couple years ( same thing to the other online banks). customers wont accept paying high transaction fees for a transaction that takes couple days .
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:09:02 PM

I'm a little confused by this statement. I also think Paypal can accept bitcoin later, because paypal is not a local bank located in every country, paypal will still benefit from this, they only serve transactions every year. But I am a little doubtful about that
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 05:58:07 PM

I'm a little confused by this statement. I also think Paypal can accept bitcoin later, because paypal is not a local bank located in every country, paypal will still benefit from this, they only serve transactions every year. But I am a little doubtful about that

Hey PayPal will never accept bitcoins, if you're not aware PayPal has something called chargebacks which means a buyer can ask for his money back, and seller is helpless and has to comply. On the other hand bitcoins transactions are irreversible, besides that PayPal complies with each and every central bank rules hence they'll never risk their services by accepting bitcoins.
Ahsan Aly

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:40:14 PM

There're several platform where you can exchange your Paypal to BTC or BTC to Paypal easily.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                     
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:44:14 PM

Never Paypal will accept Bitcoin (or any crypto). Bitcoin is like a direct competitor. Also who would use BTC with Paypal and make the fees 10 times higher. Better to use Bitcoin directly right?

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:30:18 PM

Although Bitcoin and Paypal are sometimes perceived as competitors, I don't think Paypal cares about Bitcoin. Comparing volumes of payments, Bitcoin is still used by an enthusiast fraction of people who decide to pay online. However, there is a possible window of opportunity for a company that makes a bridge between crypto and Paypal.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

Sure, paypal is the big kid on the block right now, but who's to say they won't start accepting bitcoin as one of many international currencies?

I won't say never because we really don't know how the future economies going to be evolved and what role bitcoin will play in that! Also I don't have a timeline either because paypal is running a very complex business model. They have to comply with the local laws of every country they are operating in. So it's hard to say how long it will take to see a standerdized regulation around cryptos.

But it all depends on the legislative framework. Like in Japan l, bitcoin is legal. So paypal probably add crypto support for Japan but not in other countries where bitcoin is banned. The clearer regulation we will see, the morr prominent chance we will see for paypal to accept bitcoin.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:28:26 PM

Although Bitcoin and Paypal are sometimes perceived as competitors, I don't think Paypal cares about Bitcoin. Comparing volumes of payments, Bitcoin is still used by an enthusiast fraction of people who decide to pay online. However, there is a possible window of opportunity for a company that makes a bridge between crypto and Paypal.

But there could be a time wherein Paypal will have to concede and will have no other choice but to accept bitcoin it they wanted to live and survive in this cut throat business.

Anyways, if they are wise enough, maybe down 5 years from now, they're going to accept bitcoin or any other crypto for that matter, whether they like it or not as crypto.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:23:48 AM

But there could be a time wherein Paypal will have to concede and will have no other choice but to accept bitcoin it they wanted to live and survive in this cut throat business.

Anyways, if they are wise enough, maybe down 5 years from now, they're going to accept bitcoin or any other crypto for that matter, whether they like it or not as crypto.

That is what I doubt. Choosing a good cryptocurrency payment gateway cost the merchant 0.5% to 1%. Paypal now costs approximately 2.5% on fees from the merchant's perspective. It would be unreasonable for Paypal to compete in such a low margin environment. 
ShowOffoN

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:29:53 AM

The good news is that Paypal already allows their merchant since the beginning of this year, 2018. “A merchant can typically open a standard PayPal account and begin accepting payments through PayPal within a few minutes. Most online or mobile merchants can onboard quickly and are not required to invest in new or specialized hardware. Our Payments Platform supports growth with a variety of value-added services designed to help businesses of all sizes manage their cash flow, invoice clients, pay bills, and reduce the need for merchants to receive and store sensitive customer financial information. For our standard service, we do not charge merchants setup or recurring fees. A merchant can also integrate with Braintree to begin accepting payments with credit or debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, digital currencies such as Bitcoin, or other payment solutions with a single integration.”

From PayPal now allows its merchants to accept Bitcoin
https://99bitcoins.com/paypal-now-allows-its-merchants-to-accept-bitcoin/
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:08:50 AM

I think that PayPal will add Bitcoin payment only when Bitcoin is legally equated to other fiat currencies. And for PayPal, this step will be very successful, as it will add users to this service. PayPal and Bitcoin are all different payment directions. They will not compete with each other. PayPal is usually chosen by those people who want to insure themselves when buying something, while Bitcoin acts like any other fiat currency, only global.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
sarahchapman78

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:22:19 AM

paypal will never accept bitcoin

Why? I think it's a great business opportunity to PayPal as they already has many users.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

It will take more than 5 years before Paypal accept bitcoin because Paypal is directly competitor of Bitcoin in terms of payment not only offshore but also in local payment. If Bitcoin is already more than 50% adopted all over the world, maybe PayPal will accept it.
kzozenberg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:09:41 PM

I don't think you need to guess when PayPal will start accepting bitcoins. Personally, it's their decisions and actions, you can just wait. But I do not see a great prospect in this as Bitcoins can be withdrawn through a visa or MasterCard and stored on the exchange or purse !

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:33:13 PM

It's quite difficult to predict that when PayPal will accept bitcoin actually depends on both mutual agreements. Nobody can predict the exact time but I think it is going to be very soon as Bitcoin adopters increasing day by day at the same its transaction also increasing rapidly so let's see what happen.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: