Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:18:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451930 times)
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:21:33 PM

Can you please tell us the total hashing power after the extra dividend witholding - most people assumed it would be taking us to somewhere around the 40Th mark but your previous posts seem to indicate only around 30Th.

It will likely be between 30 and 34 TH after the 2 week withholding.  It was looking like it would be around 40TH, but there was an unfortunate miscommunication between Dave and I that resulted in this.  With the 2 week withholding, it will allow us to push past 40TH very quickly though as I will be reinvesting a significant amount early on to fight the difficulty.

EDIT: I would like to point out that (34TH * .75) / 51,707 = 493MH/s per bond though.  I consider that a great success over initial estimates.

It will be a success in the MH sense, but keep in mind 100MH/bond cost people that bought bonds from BTC1.5/GH to BTC2.5/GH. That's in the range of $150 to $250/GH if bought when BTC was at $100. Bond buyers didn't expected 100MH to be the case for long. But, yes, 493MH/bond will be much nicer than 100MH/bond - especially if it was online now. Cool

Remember you are effectively paying nothing as long as the share price stays at the rate at which you purchased and you can find a buyer.

That's a good point. But one that depends on sustainability... it will be interesting to see how that goes.

For bonds at BTC0.15. At ~500MH/bond, that's will be about BTC0.3/GH ($42/GH). Hardware available now retails at $20/GH. So then, by November bonds would be about double the nominal retail rate. But hardware coming on the scene in January will retail at $3/GH (or BTC0.021/GH) how long will it take to bring that bond price/GH proportionately into alignment to $6/GH (or BTC0.042/GH)  by January with the re-investment plan? Assuming a flat bitcoin price, I think that means January bonds will need to be representing about 1.25GH/bond to be on par (+750MH/bond). That would require .75GH * $3/GH = $2.25 invested per bond. Currently, 25% of what is mined each week is about 8 cent per bond minus Labrat fee's and other expenses. Let's say 5 cent/bond - that would be 45 weeks required. But take the two weeks of scooped away dividends and increased mining rate and increased difficulty..where will LRM be in January compared to November? It might work out.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bittymitty

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:50:05 PM

Hey lab_Rat,

Can you confirm if you are going to scoop 2 weeks of BTC for all new hardware arriving or will it just be for this next delivery?
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:54:29 AM

NEWS REGARDING OTHER MANUFACTURERS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If people want my opinion on which 28nm company will deliver on time (or even at all) it will likely be CoinTerra, which is why I'm interested in remaining in contact with them.

-Lab_Rat

LabRat, you must take a look to KNCminer....

They are the first in 28nm era...the FIRST
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:48:52 PM

KNC still have units for shipping in November and at 550+Gh per $5k, I think we should be seriously considering purchasing some.

Lab_Rat what are your thoughts on KNC they seem to really know what they are doing in my opinion.
Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:04:05 PM

KNC still have units for shipping in November and at 550+Gh per $5k, I think we should be seriously considering purchasing some.

Lab_Rat what are your thoughts on KNC they seem to really know what they are doing in my opinion.
Maybe he'll get banned from the BFL offices is he does  Cheesy
mmmerlin

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:49:37 PM

Sorry if this is old news, but have KNC actually shown a working (ASIC) prototype yet? And have they made any announcements on shipping, or are they just saying that everything is on schedule without giving any details?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:57:18 PM

Sorry if this is old news, but have KNC actually shown a working (ASIC) prototype yet? And have they made any announcements on shipping, or are they just saying that everything is on schedule without giving any details?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JFOcI8nK2xI
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:36:54 PM

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I hadn't seen!

A very impressive bit of kit, brilliant stuff. The video was excruciating to watch, but I'd rather they make terrible videos and great hardware... Does it run wirelessly then?! Their laptop showing the CGMiner output has no cables running to it!
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:49:01 PM

I think its ironic that when KNC announced way back when, Josh said in the chat box "I don't think that KNC is out to rip people off, but no way will they deliver in time" lol, josh must think that every company is like BFL, lol... AT least KNC is honest and says that they will mine with their equipment. I believe they said they will mine 5 percent of what they have sold.. Thats only smart business, thats why Im 100 percent sure that BFL was mining with our equipment from the time they got boards in.. It's only common sense.. What they did with those coins is what was dishonest.. they should have given them to BFL's customers.

I dont think that there will be one equipment producer that wont mine. Heck, If I was making equipment, I would mine at least until I started to deliver. If they say they dont, they are most likely lying..

But im sure Josh is butt-hurt over this news......

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:49:57 PM

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I hadn't seen!

A very impressive bit of kit, brilliant stuff. The video was excruciating to watch, but I'd rather they make terrible videos and great hardware... Does it run wirelessly then?! Their laptop showing the CGMiner output has no cables running to it!

The built in controller has all of the firmware/software to run the machine, so yes. They likely just connected to the IP and viewed the CGMiner output.

Ashitank

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:59:20 PM

Dude KNC has already started shipping from today , expect difficulty to go up like crazy. check Knc thread & KNC GB threads where people have got shipping updates from KNC.
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:05:22 PM

But im sure Josh is butt-hurt over this news......

I imagine Josh is suffering from a variety of different butt-hurts at the moment, and if he isn't, he should be. Tongue
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 04:07:15 PM

The built in controller has all of the firmware/software to run the machine, so yes. They likely just connected to the IP and viewed the CGMiner output.

TYVM. As I said, very impressive stuff - suck it BFL!

(Talk about bittersweet though, despite how much I've grown to hate BFL, all my HW is from them, so in saying "suck it BFL" what I'm actually saying if FML...)
Lab_Rat (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:08:42 PM

(Talk about bittersweet though, despite how much I've grown to hate BFL, all my HW is from them, so in saying "suck it BFL" what I'm actually saying if FML...)

Why doesn't BCT have a like button...

I have been in contact with some people who have KnC equip on the way.  Might see some hashrate increases over the next week or two.

mmmerlin

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:34:01 PM

Why doesn't BCT have a like button...

I have been in contact with some people who have KnC equip on the way.  Might see some hashrate increases over the next week or two.

But why would anyone about to receive a KNC miner want to sell it?!
Ashitank

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:40:32 PM

Even with higher than expected hashrate from KNC Jupiter & Saturn , ROI is not possible , hence people may want to sell it.
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:46:58 PM

Even with higher than expected hashrate from KNC Jupiter & Saturn , ROI is not possible , hence people may want to sell it.

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Only people inexperienced with Mining Calculators, Difficulty to Hashrate Conversions, and a lack of knowledge on all current ASIC manufacturers and their estimated release dates claim that their unit will not make a profit above what they paid for it.

Personally my Day 1 Orders will likely pay for themselves in 2 months at the latest, but I expect sooner than that based on my predictions.

October 15th orders might have a more difficult time but will "ROI" as you say.

As an example I'd like you to tell me what you expect the difficulty to be in February 2013 based on your calculator and then tell me the corresponding hashrate that would have to be on the network to reach that difficulty.
mmmerlin

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:52:32 PM

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Only people inexperienced with Mining Calculators, Difficulty to Hashrate Conversions, and a lack of knowledge on all current ASIC manufacturers and their estimated release dates claim that their unit will not make a profit above what they paid for it.

Personally my Day 1 Orders will likely pay for themselves in 2 months at the latest, but I expect sooner than that based on my predictions.

Without knowing the power draw on those units I don't know for sure, but unless the draw is crazy then I totally agree with you. People naively using that fucking calculator on thegenesisblock.com drive me nuts!  Angry
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:01:35 PM

Without knowing the power draw on those units I don't know for sure, but unless the draw is crazy then I totally agree with you. People naively using that fucking calculator on thegenesisblock.com drive me nuts!  Angry

They said it was 1.4W/GH at the wall. Jupiters have 850W power supplies and run at ~550GH they said. GH might go up, so would the W/GH but you can estimate that the power draw will be max 850W-1000W and the return still looks good.
Ashitank

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:09:02 PM

October 15th orders might have a more difficult time but will "ROI" as you say.

As an example I'd like you to tell me what you expect the difficulty to be in February 2013 based on your calculator and then tell me the corresponding hashrate that would have to be on the network to reach that difficulty.

You have answered the question in your post , more the later the delivery in october the worst chance of meeting ROI & hence selling the miner will start making more sense , just take a guess & think about expected delivery of Bitfury 2nd batch , KNC november batch , Avalon 2nd Gen , Hashfast , Fasthash , Cointera , BFL 1stgen & 2nd gen ASIC e.t.c , even if all the manufacturers dont delivers to their best , it will still be enough to keep pushing difficulty to moon , I dont need any rocket science to guess Hashing @ 500gh/s will be like pissing in the wind Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: