Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:43:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eMunie the only unique and interesting alt-coin out of all these sh*tcoins  (Read 3672 times)
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:18:39 AM

Hey, at least he's trying to pack his shit(-coin) in a nice package, gotta give him credit for that right...?

Is that how money is spelled in retard?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:14:52 AM

Closed source, what a disappointment. Yet another 'Ripple' . . Oh yay!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:31:20 AM

For the record it wasn't the developers idea to start it as closed source, it was, debated apon, then pressed apon him by the early members (and for many good reasons).

philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:39:19 AM

For the record it wasn't the developers idea to start it as closed source, it was, debated apon, then pressed apon him by the early members (and for many good reasons).

I dont think matters whos idea it was , I think it matters what the reality is .

And how that reality ends up being  interpreted by the wider community.

Personally so far I only see good things coming from open source ideas .

I really believe that people that work on open source projects will be paid in may and various ways  for all the work they do.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:46:14 AM

I think any closed source crypto-currency is doomed to fail since success requires wide spread adoption which will not occur.  Not in the enthusiast crypto-nerd communities who need to serve as the base for these types of projects and are critical to helping them get established.  A pre-mine, even though not an automatic fail, definitely greatly reduces enthusiasm for the system.  

The logic of the debates on this forum all seem to be way too btc universe centered.

If it was me starting such a venture, and wanted it too be adopted as a proper currency worldwide, god the crypto-nerd communities are the last people I'd want as my base for getting it established (obviously this is my view and not that of emunie).

As for insta/pre mine, relative to that big wide world outside, all cryptos started within this community are instamined.

If you'd spent time within the emunie community you'd quickly become aware that emunie's communities main focus is developing a useable stable crypto currency for joe public. There's no focus within the community about loading everyone up with premines and pumping it up as high as they can in value vs USD or BTC etc.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:50:07 AM

No doubt plenty of software applications which serve a purpose can be HIGHLY successful being closed source.  I mean who would not trust microsoft or apple (joking?).  However, open source is the best way to have the most progress with the least resources - just look at Linux, an open source project which I think most would agree is a bit more secure than Windows:)

But cryptocurrencies in particular need to be open source since trust is essential.  People "trust" the alt coins since they are all just clones of bitcoin which has huge trust since its source code has been scruitinized under a microscope by very smart and able coders in the community. EMunie being a totally new code base does not inherit any of this trust these alt-coins will.  The reason the alt-coins fail is not due to trust, it is due to they offer nothing new and any are very unfair due to pre-mining.  Satoshi only pre-mined the first two blocks (and the first block the coins are inaccessible) then released it to the commuity.   Those fortunate ones who saw the potential (or were just messing around) did well - and I bet many sold long long before the massive price appreciation.

I think any closed source crypto-currency is doomed to fail since success requires wide spread adoption which will not occur.  Not in the enthusiast crypto-nerd communities who need to serve as the base for these types of projects and are critical to helping them get established.  A pre-mine, even though not an automatic fail, definitely greatly reduces enthusiasm for the system.  

The fact is the worry that someone will "steal" the open source code and steal eMunies thunder is an unrealistic problem. Look at bitcoin, it is opensource and none of these altcoins, even Litecoin, has a fraction of the following.  Hell, most peopl who mine litecoins I suspect just convert them to bitcoins on the exchanges! If eMunie is a great and novel currency that serves an unmet need in an innovative manner, it will be adopted and people will stick with it versus script kiddie knock-offs since it will be the established parent currency.  First mover advantage is everything as is the allure of being with the official currency and not some hack.

THIS

+the only "reason" to be closed source is that they want to defend the premine, which is quite a dumb idea.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:09:32 AM

THIS

damn thats some big ass font.

but you are so wrong....black just doesn't cut it in that font size
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 11:23:14 AM

No doubt plenty of software applications which serve a purpose can be HIGHLY successful being closed source.  I mean who would not trust microsoft or apple (joking?).  However, open source is the best way to have the most progress with the least resources - just look at Linux, an open source project which I think most would agree is a bit more secure than Windows:)

But cryptocurrencies in particular need to be open source since trust is essential.  People "trust" the alt coins since they are all just clones of bitcoin which has huge trust since its source code has been scruitinized under a microscope by very smart and able coders in the community. EMunie being a totally new code base does not inherit any of this trust these alt-coins will.  The reason the alt-coins fail is not due to trust, it is due to they offer nothing new and any are very unfair due to pre-mining.  Satoshi only pre-mined the first two blocks (and the first block the coins are inaccessible) then released it to the commuity.   Those fortunate ones who saw the potential (or were just messing around) did well - and I bet many sold long long before the massive price appreciation.

The fact is the worry that someone will "steal" the open source code and steal eMunies thunder is an unrealistic problem. Look at bitcoin, it is opensource and none of these altcoins, even Litecoin, has a fraction of the following.  Hell, most peopl who mine litecoins I suspect just convert them to bitcoins on the exchanges! If eMunie is a great and novel currency that serves an unmet need in an innovative manner, it will be adopted and people will stick with it versus script kiddie knock-offs since it will be the established parent currency.  First mover advantage is everything as is the allure of being with the official currency and not some hack.

THIS

+the only "reason" to be closed source is that they want to defend the premine, which is quite a dumb idea.

You got that right.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:45:41 AM

Ok name one single cryptocurrency that isn't premined or instamined?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 12:07:56 PM

CAP (I'm sure of it).
BTG (not so sure but I belive it is).
and the list goes on.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 12:18:05 PM

CAP (I'm sure of it).
BTG (not so sure but I belive it is).
and the list goes on.

excuse me ?

The first friend.  Nibble was the first -

Hyoshi purposefully lowered block reward on a sliding scale - bless that boy , and as a result there was Zero Pre-mine and Zero insta-mine low hash people are still mining right now , i'm the most proud about that thing right there.   

after Nibble did this it set the Precedent and Digitalcoin followed , even though there was some allegation that there was a pre-mine , i think that block was scrapped .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 12:19:12 PM

Cap Currency was also a fairly fair start -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:26:04 PM

Sorry I don't really think you get it.

How much do you need it broken down?

ALL cryptos that started here are instamined.

If any crypto ever becomes adopted in the big world, they were all premined within this little crypto community (btctalk or similar)? NO?

By the time anyone outside the crypto community hears about them the f%^k was instamined out of them.

Emunie is no different.....but get this.........its.....not centered on this or associated crypto forums, but on their own forum.

Generally when a troll on this forum screams instamined, what they are really saying is "why didn't I get a cut"
AgentME

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:29:06 PM

[beta] eMunie - decentralized, cryptographic currency

Never mind that I personally don't trust any closed source thing to get crypto right, can you even objectively call something that's closed source "decentralized"?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 12:29:17 PM

Sorry I don't really think you get it.

How much do you need it broken down?

ALL cryptos that started here are instamined.

If any crypto ever becomes adopted in the big world, they were all premined within this little crypto community (btctalk or similar)? NO?

By the time anyone outside the crypto community hears about them the f%^k was instamined out of them.

Emunie is no different.....but get this.........its.....not centered on this or associated crypto forums, but on their own forum.

Generally when a troll on this forum screams instamined, what they are really saying is "why didn't I get a cut"
Closed source premine, yes this is the right way to go.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:48:33 PM

Yet I really wonder who on this forum even uses their nationalities fiat(money)? I bet no one uses the USD/GBP/EURO anymore because its too closed source haha.

The only reason eMunie is even mentioned here is not to get this communities approval, but to see if this 'highly intelligent' community can break it/game it/etc.

You are not the demographic, and if for some reason the crypto world uses it will be by pure coincidence. It gets very annoying breaking down large picture stuff for people who all have the mind of children. This isn't a game, this isn't a side project, this is a CURRENCY.

You all handle the bitching, we will handle the adoption. Thats why eMunie is even here, is for you to bitch and try to poke holes. Thanks for doing your part Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:56:02 PM

Yet I really wonder who on this forum even uses their nationalities fiat(money)? I bet no one uses the USD/GBP/EURO anymore because its too closed source haha.
Are you even serious?
This is so dumb I have to quote it for posterity.

Honestly, I gave you benefit of the doubt and thought you might have been misguided, but after this retarded sentence I know you are really as bad as it looks like.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:00:03 PM

Please inform me oh holy one Wink

But wait!

Before you go on, please provide the following:

1. Age
2. Birth Place
3. Education Level
4. Experience
6. Current Residing Address (no, parents house does not count)

There you have your prerequisites for even speaking toward or near me.

My time is both limited and very valuable, thanks for understanding <3

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:17:49 PM

this all went down hill very quickly .

- Kelsey  my only point of difference with regard to an " information environment" advantage is that , well, that is life.

if when Google was an IPO if i didn't believe in the Internet , I wouldn't have known about it or purchased it .

people are buying gold and Silver at "domestically" very high prices right now , they are accounting for the environment in the future .

Cryptocurrency is no different.

but that is a very distinct and different point -

because anyone can find cryptocurrency or use it.

information access and physical inaccessibility are completely different things , not that i'm against some pre-mining for other Cryptocurrency , just not Nibble (of course).

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
AgentME

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:35:31 PM

Please inform me oh holy one Wink

But wait!

Before you go on, please provide the following:

1. Age
2. Birth Place
3. Education Level
4. Experience
6. Current Residing Address (no, parents house does not count)

There you have your prerequisites for even speaking toward or near me.

My time is both limited and very valuable, thanks for understanding <3
You sound just like those Nigerian Princes that want to send me money! Where do I send my SSN?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: