Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:08:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex has been locked for over 5 days...due to suspicious activity  (Read 483 times)
newtybar (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:09:07 AM

My account got disabled/locked because it was flagged for suspicious activity.  During the first night where BTC hit 11k, there was high volume and Bittrex was being glitchy.  For some reason it made me do the enhanced verification again to transfer BTC.  I did it and then it said I had already done enhanced with this ID and froze my account. 

I have sent in a support ticket, which has been unanswered for over 5 days...however I sent in another ticket and someone responded telling me not to create multiple tickets and that it was going to cause a slowdown for my other ticket review.  Not sure why they had the time to review that one but not answer my original one.

I cannot trade, withdraw or really do anything.  It is completely frozen.

That night when it hit 11k, I wanted to tether.  I could have tethered and re-bought at 9k.  I was also trying to move 1 BTC to Binance to trade BQX, which went up 30% since then.

Being locked up is costing me a lot of money and frankly is scary.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newtybar (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:23:31 PM

No one has had this issue?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:33:29 PM

Yikes. Looks like it's time for me to move my funds from Bittrex to Binance.
There has just been a recent post on Reddit about a user having his account locked with like a hundred thousand dollars worth on his account.

Bittrex / Disabled Locking 120,000$ Inside.
| Not sure if this is really legit though, some comments are calling the poster a fraud.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:46:45 PM

There has just been a recent post on Reddit about a user having his account locked with like a hundred thousand dollars worth on his account.

| Not sure if this is really legit though, some comments are calling the poster a fraud.
i only see those people with a real problem get this kind 'suspicious activity' warning and then locked.

a lot of people around me who hold a lot of bitcoin and alt coins there had no problem at all until today. transfer the money in and out a lot of times for arbitrage smoothly. wonder why it happened to you?  Roll Eyes , wishing you get the satisfying answer from them soon .

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
kapipindot

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:44:22 PM

I'm currently using bittrex and this is alarming. Though I haven't experience this and I do not want this ever to happen to me. Maybe OP shouldn't have tried to do enhanced verification again since he has already done it the first time, maybe it is the reason why your account was frozen. I wish you recover your very account soon.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:15:25 PM

Bittrex lately has been asking a lot of documents to prove identity, I think they are trying to make sure their site will not be used in any illegal activities like laundering. Bittrex is also asking me to upgrade so that I can have a higher withdrawal limit. Just comply with whatever they are asking to avoid further inconvenience.
newtybar (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:36:16 AM

That's not me, but I have a similar amount locked up. 

It has now been over 6 days, close to 7.
newtybar (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:39:04 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 03:42:10 PM by newtybar

I'm currently using bittrex and this is alarming. Though I haven't experience this and I do not want this ever to happen to me. Maybe OP shouldn't have tried to do enhanced verification again since he has already done it the first time, maybe it is the reason why your account was frozen. I wish you recover your very account soon.

That's exactly what happened.  In hindsight the site was acting buggy and I shouldn't have done it again, but I needed to move funds to Binance to buy something I felt was going to moon soon (and it did).

However, getting locked up for almost 7 days now with no end in sight is terrible.

Imagine not being able to trade (buy/sell) or withdraw any of your money.  It is just frozen.  Imagine seeing your holding of BTC/NEO/whatever drop and not being able to do anything about it.  Imagine seeing a good technical indicator and knowing something is going to moon and not being able to buy it.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:45:01 AM

I think you having to repeat enhance verification again triggered a suspicion on your account. My trade including deposit and withdraw has been very smooth on bittrex. You may have to wait for them to sort you out.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:29:41 AM

Bittrex lately has been asking a lot of documents to prove identity, I think they are trying to make sure their site will not be used in any illegal activities like laundering. Bittrex is also asking me to upgrade so that I can have a higher withdrawal limit. Just comply with whatever they are asking to avoid further inconvenience.

Better to comply with all the requirements of bitcoin because after all this is for our own benefit. Bittrex are trying to be more secure because a lot of scams are happening. But in this situation always follow the instruction and hopefully your problem will be solved.
newtybar (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:42:49 PM

I think you having to repeat enhance verification again triggered a suspicion on your account. My trade including deposit and withdraw has been very smooth on bittrex. You may have to wait for them to sort you out.

Probably.  I haven been using Bittrex for over a year with no problems.  I am not the only one, look at that Reddit post.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:37:23 PM

My account got disabled/locked because it was flagged for suspicious activity.  During the first night where BTC hit 11k, there was high volume and Bittrex was being glitchy.  For some reason it made me do the enhanced verification again to transfer BTC.  I did it and then it said I had already done enhanced with this ID and froze my account. 

I have sent in a support ticket, which has been unanswered for over 5 days...however I sent in another ticket and someone responded telling me not to create multiple tickets and that it was going to cause a slowdown for my other ticket review.  Not sure why they had the time to review that one but not answer my original one.

I cannot trade, withdraw or really do anything.  It is completely frozen.

That night when it hit 11k, I wanted to tether.  I could have tethered and re-bought at 9k.  I was also trying to move 1 BTC to Binance to trade BQX, which went up 30% since then.

Being locked up is costing me a lot of money and frankly is scary.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

I’ve noticed some kind of glitch as well. They wanted me to also do enhanced verification which I thought I had done already. I’m fairly new to that exchange because i’ve been using Poloniex and Bitfinex as well as others on the past.

Luckily for me my account is not frozen but I am not trading with them currently because the site seems slow and they still don’t offer IOTA for trading. I’m not sure whether to just start using Binance or not.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be one good exchange that offers all the coins I want to trade. I won’t put much money on any exchange because our money is always at risk.
Paypex

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:12:38 PM

I have never faced such issue with bittrex. Everything working good for us. You need to contact support. Bittrex has made some changes in placing orders. Please go-through the guidelines.
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:46:44 PM

Indeed I have also moved my fund from bittrex to binance. I am just not sure who to trust anymore!
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:56:06 PM

Indeed I have also moved my fund from bittrex to binance. I am just not sure who to trust anymore!
Binance doesn't have any KYC requirement or verification like poloniex and bittrex?

I am also actually searching for better alternative to all this bittrex and poloniex shits but can't find one suitable.

Bittrex is also asking me to get enhanced verified even though I already have basic verification + 2fa activated. Luckily my account is still active there...

sugiri

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:41:47 PM

I have some glitch (unable to transfer certain kind of coin) in the past but have never been locked out.

newtybar (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:24:07 PM

I have never faced such issue with bittrex. Everything working good for us. You need to contact support. Bittrex has made some changes in placing orders. Please go-through the guidelines.

LOL, I have gone through support.  it has been sitting in their queue unanswered for 7 days.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:46:28 AM

I am sorry to read this. I did not encounter this kind of trouble on Bittrex or any other crypto exchange but i'm sure that those guys are professionals and somehow they will solve this issue. I hope that everything will be good.
Makest

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 10:15:10 AM

I think we should not worry about verification process of Bittrex because they are verifying our account for our benefits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: