Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:13:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turret Action/Strategy Game - Protect a Bitcoin city :D [need developers]  (Read 1402 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:54:39 PM

I am a designer who has also worked casually in 3D design, my main interest is architecture so my experience translates will into designing maps and game environments. I have zero formal experience as a game developer, however, I have worked in UDK on various projects http://bit.ly/13CPXVA. At the moment I find myself a little out of depth when it comes to programming AI, animation in game effects and so on. I would like to share my idea for a game and I am hoping to find some more technical orientated game developers to work with me on this game. I can turn around 3d models very quickly, as a result all I am after is one or two people who can work on the core mechanics of the game and translate my 3d models into moving, controllable objects.

Game idea
The idea is to a create an action/strategy turret based game. Each map will be based in a futuristic style enviroment and the turrets the player operates will be integrated into the city to protect key areas and the overall populace. The turrets ideally would have specific abilities depending on the city map. As for the enemy, well I like the idea of flying drone type bots that will come from all directions trying to destroy the city.

Interms of strategy I have loads of ideas. One is that the city is constantly gathering inteligence, perhaps you can send out scouts to locate incoming enemy. This will enable you to locate enemies on a map before they are within range, the turrets themselves are on different levels within in the city also with limited fields of view. This means you can't just turn 360 and you will need to use alternative methods to find enemies that may be out of your line of sight.

I am not to sure about story at the moment, I think for a first attempt simple gameplay will be the focus although I could be lazy and just use illustrations to create a basic stroyline. It depends how much interest there is in the game as it develops.

As you might have noticed, my recent plans are inspired by Killzone Shadowfall although naturally I dont expect this game to reach those standards lol.  Cheesy

Platform
At the moment I feel PC will be the best option, Android would be an alternative. I would like the maps to look impressive which is why PC seems like the best option.

Bitcoin
I was about to post this thread why I thought that I should incorporate Bitcoin somehow. So here are some ideas: Smiley
  • Game Currency: By protecting the city you earn (game)Bitcoins
  • Bitcoin could be used to purchase upgrades
  • Maybe add a competition mode where the winner gets wins the bet total
  • Got a better idea?

Old turret designs
(probably a bit to square at the moment)

City Map Idea
Large scale structures - The red cyclinders indicate potential turret placements
Obviously I have not added the buildings and other details, this just provides an idea of the city platforms. Humans would appear as ants to give you an idea of scale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:02:30 PM

Adding some buildings to the top level to get a feel for how the scale works.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

You mention "in game bitcoins". It would be great if everything was real bitcoins. Your site would make money by selling the initial in-game hardware, people could trade resources in the game but you could facilitate those trades in a more efficient fashion for a small fee per trade. Sort of like charging for escrow.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:52:15 PM

I really like this idea and would play it!  Grin
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:57:26 PM

You mention "in game bitcoins". It would be great if everything was real bitcoins. Your site would make money by selling the initial in-game hardware, people could trade resources in the game but you could facilitate those trades in a more efficient fashion for a small fee per trade. Sort of like charging for escrow.

Providing payments are sustainable through profits then that kind of feature is definitely a possiblity. I will need more advanced programmers before I can think about implementing more integrated systems, once I start putting up YouTube videos interests tends to start picking up.

Here is a new turret design, the textures will be a different but you get the idea.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 10:54:49 PM

Heh...put those structures on floating platforms in the water and call it a seastead and you may get some good story lines out of it.  Attack by pirates, disgruntled nations, etc...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: