Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Futures - The big short  (Read 288 times)
Zogrd (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:51:04 AM

I have the creeping feeling that ahead of the BTC futures a huge short is engineered. Apparently it will be easier for big money to short BTC with the Futures.

Now we have a situation where the BTC price can easily manipulated.

So why not pump BTC now, wait for the Futures market and place big shorts, then crash the BTC market?

One last giant cash out ...
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
w0lverine

Activity: 44
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:07:42 AM

I agree that this might be a real possibility but how about the other camp? the people waiting to buy?

A free world that we are in control of. In the Bitcoin space since 2013.
-
bc1qjm0kpgleed7q2pjv9f4l4xs6vn86lkyqplhsl9
-
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3190

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:16:05 AM

For every person going short in the futures market, there is a person going long.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:27:11 AM

Well, It is going to happen and if i will speculate here, I think the small investors will get affected by the Bitcoin Futures, only big investors can manipulate the price and of course to generate profit from it but i still believe that we can still use the Bitcoin Futures as an opportunity to generate profit. My Plan is to cash out my Bitcoin in the middle of December 18 where CME will be launched and will start working and accepting trades, I think that is the most safe way and wait for the crash ( crash will surely happen here, Big investors will try to cash out money as they can and buy Bitcoin with a lower price ). This is a gamble, so we must be smart enough to stay on track in order for us not to be left behind. Well, that is only my speculation, anything can happen, as the saying goes, "Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst".
Ck1234

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:38:02 AM

For every person going short in the futures market, there is a person going long.

I think more people will be going long in the short term, but as like stated in this thread will probably be followed by the shorts.  Then the dumbells like Jamie Dimon at JP Morgan will say 'oh, I told you bitcoin was bad.'  ...wait it's coming.

soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:38:54 AM

I have the creeping feeling that ahead of the BTC futures a huge short is engineered. Apparently it will be easier for big money to short BTC with the Futures.

So why not pump BTC now, wait for the Futures market and place big shorts, then crash the BTC market?

Yes, that can be a possibility. Big investors can manipulate the price of bitcoin by using shorting method on the futures market. However, I don't believe any such thing will happen. Because big player's entry in to bitcoin market is actually a positive thing and we will move one more step closer to become main stream. If the venture of CME group becomes successful, we can expect entry of other big players in the market which will certainly increase the market cap of bitcoin to another few billion dollars. So it is most unlikely that the price will go down.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Zogrd (OP)

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:52:52 AM

Yes, that can be a possibility. Big investors can manipulate the price of bitcoin by using shorting method on the futures market. However, I don't believe any such thing will happen. Because big player's entry in to bitcoin market is actually a positive thing and we will move one more step closer to become main stream. If the venture of CME group becomes successful, we can expect entry of other big players in the market which will certainly increase the market cap of bitcoin to another few billion dollars. So it is most unlikely that the price will go down.

What I meant is that the same players that control the market now could play both sides and cash out big time.
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:59:45 AM

Well it is something unavoidable when it comes to buying and selling industry in which you should always prepare for the worst-case scenario and whatever happens make sure you are getting something in return or you could try to minimize or prevent which you about to experience just in case things like these happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: