Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Stickies Stand out? Suggestion  (Read 206 times)
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:56:11 AM

Well we have seen many threads being created on daily basis on topics which are covered in stickies, most of them by the newbies, this increases spam on the forum, One of the reason i believe is that the stickies don't standout. With all these icons being thrown around in every single thread title, it doesn't makes much sense for the newbies, what i am suggesting here is that their colour should be changed to something which will standout instead of which blends in with the forum theme. Would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:21:08 AM

I don't think that the problem is their position, but rather the general stance against spam and similar. A lot of those are *acting* like they haven't read those just in order to create a field for farming up their other accounts. The way that sticky threads are positioned now is very clear, but still non intrusive. Anything more would probably be too intrusive.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:31:05 AM

A lot of those are *acting* like they haven't read those just in order to create a field for farming up their other accounts.

Agreed, 90/100 threads are from account farmers, pretending they don't know about the *things they are asking. My suggestion is for the rest of the users. The real ones, Even they fall into this trap and are often labelled spammers right away which brings negativity around bitcoin in the long run. The more time i spend here the more it becomes clearer to me, we need a mechanism to stop account farming somehow and a mechanism which can identify an account farmer from a legit user.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:07:49 AM

You could make them dance and flash but they would still be ignored, just like the forum rules.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:25:59 PM

Well we have seen many threads being created on daily basis on topics which are covered in stickies, most of them by the newbies, this increases spam on the forum, One of the reason i believe is that the stickies don't standout. With all these icons being thrown around in every single thread title, it doesn't makes much sense for the newbies, what i am suggesting here is that their colour should be changed to something which will standout instead of which blends in with the forum theme. Would like to hear your thoughts on this. 
1.Why changes are still bring suggested on this forum ? Aren't we suppose to migrate to the newer version already ? It's almost 2018.

2.The problem is not the stickies entirely,English could be it.The users creating redundant threads if you have noticed ,are mainly non native English speakers so even if the read the stickies,I don't  know they will understand it.

3.People love tl:dr versions over the paragraphs. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: