Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ethereum so slow?  (Read 4693 times)
galaxys4 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:42:32 AM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Austrin

Activity: 329
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:46:30 AM

Ethereum is not slow just grow your gas price and you can see this first transaction.
myigitcoin

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:48:42 AM

because they want to have strength basement for long term. They have really good road mapp and they improve themself always. I believe in ethereum will grow as much as bitcoin. It deserve 3000 dolars at least.
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 11:53:55 AM

Depends also on what you send... normally 1 Gwei tooks really long but its cheap
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:01:23 PM

Because of the recent Crypto Kitties game. Buying and selling virtual kittens on the main Ethereum blockchain. Literally just a virtual character on a website. Like collecting pokemon in Pokemon Go except that it runs on the ETH blockchain and the only way to add new kitten are to buy or gave birth to it. Both done on ETH chain and people somehow love it. That's why the network is clogged up, people are making transactions to sell, buy, and gave birth to new kittens LOL. Hilarious. What a way to force Ethereum dev to scale up their blockchain Tongue

https://www.cryptokitties.co/
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/people-have-spent-over-1m-buying-virtual-cats-on-the-ethereum-blockchain/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/viral-cat-game-responsible-for-huge-portion-of-ethereum-transactions
https://twitter.com/CryptoKitties/status/937444644740198400
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:02:49 PM

I am doing trades on ehterdelta where the default gas price is 4 Gwei. The network in the last few days is terribly slow I remember 1 week ago I was making trades on 1 Gwei and even 0.1 and the transactions were done within minutes, now with 4 Gwei I have to wait like 20 minutes and sometimes the transactions get canceled. My question is what is the reason for this? Is it temporary or it will be like this for the near future?

i notice that it is so fast in ethereum to have transaction and the price are easily change. So, ethereum has too many transaction that can cause your money that has pending only. The ethereum was go through the miners, thats why you cannot easily transact or put your money on different site.

burnedbyfees

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:04:04 PM

Because of the recent Crypto Kitties game. Buying and selling virtual kittens on the main Ethereum blockchain. That's why the network is clogged up, people are making transaction to sell, buy, and gave birth to new kittens LOL. Hilarious. What a way to force Ethereum dev to scale up their blockchain Tongue

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/people-have-spent-over-1m-buying-virtual-cats-on-the-ethereum-blockchain/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/viral-cat-game-responsible-for-huge-portion-of-ethereum-transactions
https://twitter.com/CryptoKitties/status/937444644740198400

Great, nothing says cryptos are serious investments like meme coins and virtual fucking felines.  Roll Eyes

FFS, grow up children. Time to put on big boy pants.

orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:07:32 PM

Ethereum is not slow just grow your gas price and you can see this first transaction.

Do we pay more if we increase the gas?
By today i also have same problem. I paid for the gas already but my transaction is canceled. So i have to do another trade again. And again paying for the gas. Its happen 4 time just today.
Anybody know why?

Biphuy7eth

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:11:02 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2020, 04:29:29 PM by Biphuy7eth

ETH is stable altcoin and going good not slowly it is better because huge increasing mean this coin is unstable
they need to update them codes and add more to make smart contract verifing easy and with that will make fast bitcoin selling and making deals.
you need to pay more Gwei if you want to send it fast and when ETH V02 updated you can pay less.
wait and every think will be good
galaxys4 (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:11:36 PM

Do we pay more if we increase the gas?
By today i also have same problem. I paid for the gas already but my transaction is canceled. So i have to do another trade again. And again paying for the gas. Its happen 4 time just today.
Anybody know why?

I am wondering if the transaction is pending for more than 30 minutes and get canceled do you pay the transaction fee or not? I haven't realized how it is ..
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:16:44 PM

I think Ethereum's mempool is also growing too large for the miners to keep up.  Meaning, it's having the same problems as Bitcoin is having.  Why not fork it to have bigger blocks and call it Ethereum Cash.  Lol.  Grin

Ver would support.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
soljal543

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 12:21:58 PM

I am not facing this problem and I am using 2 gwei besides Ethereum is fast, so it maybe from your side. Just my opinion
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:25:45 PM

I would say increase your gas price to see higher speeds. But bear in mind this this is all still quite immature technology. We are still in the early days, and scaling solutions are planned.

Alex_Zi

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:29:02 PM

Really? After works with network it is very fast and cheap. Very good technology. I think most part of slow transactions gives EtherDelta.
Ethereum is very good!

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Ethereum even without the scaling solutions is much faster than BTC. Ethereum is handling more than 50% of all transcations in the blockchain world. That is why it is congested from time to time.

Jonashe

Activity: 194

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 12:44:02 PM

Etherdelta is not ethereum, it's a very compicated smart contract and it may be very slow. Be aware to change the gas price because you can pay A LOT if you're doing it wrong.

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:52:28 PM

because they want to have strength basement for long term. They have really good road mapp and they improve themself always. I believe in ethereum will grow as much as bitcoin. It deserve 3000 dolars at least.
With the rapid development of Ethereum, it is not impossible in the future they are also widely known as Bitcoin. But to be able to achieve these achievements, they must first prove it by making a product that can solve the problems of many people.
notimportant

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:06:41 AM

I am not facing this problem and I am using 2 gwei besides Ethereum is fast, so it maybe from your side. Just my opinion
Transferring some OMG from my wallet to EtherDelta.... 20 gwei... (gas limit 250000)  still pending after an hour and a half!
What am I doing wrong?
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:19:20 AM

This has happened before. Ethereum just can't handle the load as it is now.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀