Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PRSC] Parsec Frontiers – a virtual galaxy MMO blockchain  (Read 3126 times)
amado88 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:28:32 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 01:22:15 PM by amado88

Blockchain is ready for primetime use from experienced game development studios:
We are pleased to announce the creation of a revolutionary MMO, featuring a complex virtual economy blockchain with tradable assets.

Parsec Frontiers is an online game about humanity’s colonization of the stars and planets in the Milky Way. Starting from Earth, the actions of all players will shape the future of our galaxy. With a persistent game universe and a continually evolving timeline the race is on to explore, expand and exploit the riches to be found in other star systems. A fully player-driven economy blockchain will allow players to mine and refine rare metals, build advanced starships and defense systems, and buy and trade resources for profit on the planetary exchanges. Everything is tradeable, anything is possible!

The in-game currency will be Parsec Credits [PRSC], a utility token for access to the MMO ecosystem. Since it's an ERC20 token, cryptocurrency exchanges may also choose to list the token for trading vs fiat or ETH, BTC etc. The link between "real money" and PRSC lowers the threshold for investing in the Parsec Frontiers virtual economy, knowing that all players can cash out their in-game assets for BTC/ETH or fiat at any time.

All transactions involving items, resources and player spaceships in the game will be stored on a decentralized ledger. This enables advanced analysis of the economy to gain an information advantage – creating opportunities for machine learning and data mining techniques. It also serves to verify resources and player items in the total economy, enhancing gameplay and the intrinsic value of the virtual assets. The in-game economy becomes “real” and your in-game actions will have real-world financial consequences.

The project is developed by Artplant – an established Norwegian/Russian game developer focused on creating advanced online games. Artplant has seen more than 25 million people play its games, and has previously created big hits such as Block N Load and Battlestar Galactica Online. It was founded in 2001 by developers with their roots in 90s console development, and shifted its focus to massive multiplayer online games in 2010.

Parsec Frontiers' developers have a genuine passion for games, and a track record of game development going back to the early days of the demo scene.

Parsec Frontiers is currently under development at Artplant's studios in Oslo, Norway and Tver, Russia. The backend uses Artplant’s advanced Erlang MMO server technology, expanded to support the Parsec Frontier blockchain. The server tech has been used in multiple games supporting tens of millions of players over seven years - when first used it worked with millions of players flawlessly for six months before going down for planned maintenance.

Complete team bios are found in the whitepaper.

The game client is made with Unity for HTML5, allowing the game to be played across all major operating systems and devices. This means you'll also be able to play on your mobile, or with browsers on Linux.

Unity has become the de facto development platform for tens of thousands of game developers across the world. Artplant has worked closely with Unity Technologies since its early days, creating some of the first GDC tech demos showcasing its powerful development environment.

To successfully store all assets and ownership information on a blockchain for an MMO is a highly demanding use case with several challenging requirements:

• Enabling the project to issue own in-game digital assets
  • Support for smart contract programming and execution
  • The technology must scale to support millions of transactions per day
  • Most of the game’s blockchain transactions should be processed without incurring fees paid in a 3rd party token
  • Fast (seconds) transaction validation/confirmation
  • The technology should support pruning/checkpointing
  • Ease of organizing and executing crowd sale process
  • Simple token trading integration for exchanges

An MMO with high throughput transaction requirements for thousands of individual digital assets based on separate smart contracts will for cost, speed, capacity and storage reasons not be kept on the mainnet of current public blockchain platforms.

Parsec Frontiers plans to use a dual token structure with an open, public custom blockchain with permissioned elements inside of the game bridging to an Ethereum ERC20-token controlled by smart contracts on both blockchains. This enables easier access to trading exchanges and enhances liquidity for all stakeholders of the virtual economy, as well as allowing the project to process transactions without incurring mainnet transaction costs.

PRSC tokens represents the main means of payment in Parsec Frontiers. With seamless transfer between in-game and the Ethereum blockchain, the player has total control and ability to trade PRSC against other cryptocurrency pairs on real-life exchanges.

The game client will contribute a front-end interface to facilitate the dual token swap transactions. The Ethereum fee for transfers out of the smart contract will be payable in PRSC custom chain tokens and can be player-adjusted per desired transaction priority.

All in-game tradeable assets and resources, such as raw materials, alloys, crafted objects etc., will exist on the blockchain to enable total transparency in circulation and transactions taking place. Trading between all in-game assets will be facilitated on decentralized exchanges, keeping all trade fully transparent and trustless.

We are asking everyone in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency community to help us fund an extremely advanced use case for blockchain technology. Our goal is to enable distributed storage of in-game assets for hundreds of thousands of simultaneous players, with millions of transactions per day. By doing this we will prove that open and public blockchains can be used for extremely demanding use cases such as an MMO.

Crowd sale and pre-sale details will be announced on December 11th in this thread. The pre-sale will take place from Jan 24th with a crowd-sale planned for April 2018. These will be the only opportunities to acquire Parsec Credits directly. Afterwards, the tokens may be acquired from exchanges.

A parsec (from parallax second) is a unit of astronomical distance. It is commonly used by astronomers, even though the general population mostly talk of light years to measure distance in space. One parsec is 3,08567758 x 10^16 meters, and the number of Parsec Credits created in our TGE will be 30.856.775.800 followed by six decimals.

The Parsec Credits purchased during the crowd sale will initially enable you to purchase spaceships and other early assets which provides profit opportunities within the game as it launches.

The meta-game will start with a new spaceship manufactured every day, which will be put up for auction to holders of PRSC. Every player will need a spaceship to play the game, and initially there will only be a limited number of pre-manufactured spaceships. Additional spaceships must then be manufactured by the players in the game after launch, using resources extracted from around the galaxy.

Parsec Credits can also be used to acquire development project colony sites on the initial 17 inhabitable planets in the galaxy.

The Parsec Frontiers Foundation will manage the proceeds from the pre-sale and crowd sale. It is to be established for the sole purpose of overseeing the continuous development and successful operations of the game. The foundation will be incorporated in Switzerland.

1,542,838,790 PRSC (5% of the total pre-burn supply) is allocated for bounty programs. This includes affiliate bounty, marketing bounty as well as a community bounty.

We have created a generous bounty campaign for the community, with 400 million (1.296%) of the total Parsec Credits allocated to reward community contributions leading up to the pre-sale. Note that all reserved tokens will be shared among the bounty campaign participants without exceptions.

Link to the official Parsec Frontiers pre-sale bounty campaign thread.

The pre-sale bounty campaign ends on January 31st 2018.

There will be a separate bounty campaign leading up to the crowd sale, and if you participate in this pre-sale bounty campaign you can also participate in the crowd sale bounty campaign currently planned for March 1st until April 30th to earn additional Parsec Credits.

Please note that both pre-sale and bounty tokens will be distributed simultaneously with the tokens sold in the crowd sale. This will ensure fair trading on an equal footing amongst all participants in the sales.

We ask the community to help us shape, market and fund the game, and participate in its creation during development. We ask interested parties to read our whitepaper, offer feedback and suggestions for how to improve and iterate forward. We ask those of you interested in backing the project financially to participate in our forthcoming pre-sale by first registering on our whitelist. If you do not have the financial means to contribute funding, please consider joining our bounty campaign and help raise the project's awareness - we are grateful for all assistance you can offer. The future of our galaxy and the fate of the human race may depend upon it.

Whitepaper: https://wp.parsecfrontiers.com/whitepaper.pdf
Web: https://parsecfrontiers.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/parsecfrontiers
Facebook: https://facebook.com/parsecfrontiers
Blog: https://medium.com/parsec-frontiers
Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/parsecfrontiers
Discord: https://discord.gg/wpWQgUP
Forum: https://forum.parsecfrontiers.com/

Official representatives of the project team: amado88, Wyrmrider so far.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:31:36 PM

reserved for future content
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:08:44 PM

hi,, how much the price of this token in Pre sale ?

amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:12:43 PM

hi,, how much the price of this token in Pre sale ?
We will release all details of the pre-sale on December 11th - in a week. That includes pricing as well as sales mechanisms, bonuses etc.
110910ktx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:20:00 PM

Is there any plans for airdrop  Huh
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

We are still considering airdrop, and have some ideas. We will also reward our community.
110910ktx

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:27:37 PM

We are still considering airdrop, and have some ideas. We will also reward our community.

Airdrop program will make the community more aware of your coin. Good luck
Renegade1979

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:07:15 AM

That reminds me of the infamous Chris Boberts and his not yet finished pay2winfest micro-transactional crap (I forgot me the name). Unlike Freelancer, IW2: Edge of Chaos, the X Series or Tachyon such kind of games usually ends up in the same basket along with 'survival' ARK and other boring stuff.
martincic

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:12:42 AM

What experience you get to this game from your last games?
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:31:05 AM

Good stuff, I have played Battle star galactica and it's a good game, but I don't like the kinds of games that are pay to win, when you could pay money to upgrade your space ships and have the best weapon and ammo, you'll get to rule the game, I might be a lowlife beggar with no dignity, but I'm not any body's bitch. lol. I like to play in the browser, if I can't do that, I wont invest on this game. I'm also a dev myself, not this kind of dev though.

🖤😏
Mang Li

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:51:03 AM

400 Million for bounty ?  Huh
so, how much the total supply from this token ?

cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:16:07 AM

400 Million for bounty ?  Huh
so, how much the total supply from this token ?

total tokens for bounty is about 1,542,838,790 PARSEC (5% of the total pre-burn supply)
so total supply is about 30,856,775,800 PARSEC,, if i'm not wrong in calculations

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Wyrmrider

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:56:03 AM

Hi, Digaran!

The game is planned to be developed in HTML5/Unity so both browsers and most modern smartphones should be good for playing the game.

With a game based on cryptostandards to build the economy you’ll also be able to earn money in the game through clever exploration, mining, trading and exploiting space to your advantage.

Join the discussions on the game specifics in the Discord channel as we move forward!

Wyrmrider

Good stuff, I have played Battle star galactica and it's a good game, but I don't like the kinds of games that are pay to win, when you could pay money to upgrade your space ships and have the best weapon and ammo, you'll get to rule the game, I might be a lowlife beggar with no dignity, but I'm not any body's bitch. lol. I like to play in the browser, if I can't do that, I wont invest on this game. I'm also a dev myself, not this kind of dev though.
Wyrmrider

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:13:29 AM

Hi, Martincic!

The studio have built quite a lot of games over the past 16 years, including Battlestar Galactica for BigPoint, so there is a lot of experience and learnings we’re bringing with us to Parsec Frontiers.

This game is all about mankinds exploration and early colonization of the galaxy, with Earth being close to uninhabitable at the start of the game. With a consistent timeline and a clear focus on exploration, research, mining and trading the game has a much more strategic element than the more dogfigthing type games like “Elite Dangerous” and the classic “X-Wing vs TIE Fighter”.

We hope you join the discussions on the game once we ramp up those on the Discord channel.

Wyrmrider

What experience you get to this game from your last games?
tianyi321

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:42:30 PM

That reminds me of the infamous Chris Boberts and his not yet finished pay2winfest micro-transactional crap (I forgot me the name). Unlike Freelancer, IW2: Edge of Chaos, the X Series or Tachyon such kind of games usually ends up in the same basket along with 'survival' ARK and other boring stuff.
i agree, but unfortunately, there are a lot of people interested in it, csgo's most expensive knife sells 23850 dollars, this is an incredible thing.
Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:04:20 AM

still considering about airdrop,, ?
maybe this will be a good idea if you do a little airdrop for the community

amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 08:20:36 AM

still considering about airdrop,, ?
maybe this will be a good idea if you do a little airdrop for the community

Yes, we're still considering airdrop. Expect it to take a couple of weeks before we make a final decision on  that.
khroma

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:55:41 AM

I can see that the Parsec Credits which is a utility token which will also be tradable on some of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. What are these planned exchanges??  Bittrex?  Poloniex?
amado88 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:55:20 AM

I can see that the Parsec Credits which is a utility token which will also be tradable on some of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. What are these planned exchanges??  Bittrex?  Poloniex?
We are currently discussing listing with several exchanges, but do not expect to make an announcement about this until sometime next year.
LegendaryMemberArt

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:22:22 PM

Another project with the game ... are You sure that the game will be successful? now a lot of MMO RPG shareware , or given they are not so many people ...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: