Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:24:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.25 BTC Bounty - Show me a Mt Gox USD Withdrawal :)  (Read 48798 times)
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:03:24 PM

Just my two cents....

If Gox was/is going through a liquidity crisis, it would indeed not pay out withdrawals in fiat. They would do much of what appears to be happening now, delaying the payments until they have collected enough revenue to be solvent, while still accepting deposits and allowing BTC withdrawals as if nothing was wrong. A kind of temporary pyramid scheme, just to give them time to pay back the money they "borrowed" to cover short-term cashflow issues.

However, if this was the case, two things contradict logic:
1) They would release SOME withdrawals to provide some confidence to the public and not have the community in an uproar as it would back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through. They wouldn't stop every single USD withdrawal if they wanted to be deceptive, as that is easily visible to the public.

2) They wouldn't simply stop withdrawals in USD ONLY. They would stop withdrawals of all currencies, and not discriminate. And as I said above, they would continue to pay out SOME withdrawals so that they can back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through.

Therefore, it is my conclusion that the likelihood of them lying about the reasons behind the USD withdrawals to hide the fact that they are having a liquidity crisis is low. The likelihood of their story of having issues with banks processing their requests in USD being true is likely.

what if they have being failing for 2 years now. what if the delays for the last two years were the temp solution and now this is just the end?

Than they would stop processing withdrawals for all currencies and not just USD.

Or they only stopped the USD withdrawals because they know people would say that there's a bank problem because they didn't stop EUR withdrawals, and you're fooled by Mt.Gox

tinfoil hat: on

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

They actually did stop SEPA withdrawn, since that noone has received one in the last 2 weeks at least...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:10:12 PM

I have the impression the background is blurred intentionally..One can't  be certain if its filmed from Gox headquarters or this guy's workplace.
And where is Karpeles? No word from him on this issues for more than 10 days!

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:24:11 PM

I have the impression the background is blurred intentionally..One can't  be certain if its filmed from Gox headquarters or this guy's workplace.

You call this "focus"
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:35:01 PM

Just my two cents....

If Gox was/is going through a liquidity crisis, it would indeed not pay out withdrawals in fiat. They would do much of what appears to be happening now, delaying the payments until they have collected enough revenue to be solvent, while still accepting deposits and allowing BTC withdrawals as if nothing was wrong. A kind of temporary pyramid scheme, just to give them time to pay back the money they "borrowed" to cover short-term cashflow issues.

However, if this was the case, two things contradict logic:
1) They would release SOME withdrawals to provide some confidence to the public and not have the community in an uproar as it would back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through. They wouldn't stop every single USD withdrawal if they wanted to be deceptive, as that is easily visible to the public.

2) They wouldn't simply stop withdrawals in USD ONLY. They would stop withdrawals of all currencies, and not discriminate. And as I said above, they would continue to pay out SOME withdrawals so that they can back up their claim of a huge backlog slowly churning through.

Therefore, it is my conclusion that the likelihood of them lying about the reasons behind the USD withdrawals to hide the fact that they are having a liquidity crisis is low. The likelihood of their story of having issues with banks processing their requests in USD being true is likely.

what if they have being failing for 2 years now. what if the delays for the last two years were the temp solution and now this is just the end?

Than they would stop processing withdrawals for all currencies and not just USD.

I cannot withdraw PLNs neither.
zeroblock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:42:06 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 04:21:01 PM by zeroblock

Mt.Gox uses Mizuho Bank, one of the biggest banks in the world. MtGox represents an absolutely tiny fraction of the total volume that bank processes.  So we are supposed to beleive that a major bank can't process MtGox withdraws after volume dropped signficantly but deposits are no problem?  Sounds like a stall tactic to refresh deposits.  

Another more ominous conspiracy that I saw on reddit.....

"There is definitely an incentive for MtGox to act like this; withholding fiat withdrawals to pup up the price, and then start buying coins on other exchanges while selling them on their own with 5+% profit. After a month or two, they can just re-start processing of the withdrawals, saying 'sorry' like nothing ever happened, though being so much richer at that point already. And who is going to prove them any wrongdoing? It would also explains a high volume, despite of the fact that they have not been an actual exchange, for far over a month already, but only a service that sells bitcoins, at a price 5-10% higher from the market."
fabrizziop

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:07:37 PM

Mt.Gox uses Mizuho Bank, one of the biggest banks in the world. MtGox represents an absolutely tiny fraction of the total volume that bank processes.  So we are supposed to beleive that a major bank can't process MtGox withdraws after volume dropped signficantly but deposits are no problem?  Sounds like a stall tactic to refresh deposits. 

So another more ominous conspiracy that I saw on reddit.....

"There is definitely an incentive for MtGox to act like this; withholding fiat withdrawals to pup up the price, and then start buying coins on other exchanges while selling them on their own with 5+% profit. After a month or two, they can just re-start processing of the withdrawals, saying 'sorry' like nothing ever happened, though being so much richer at that point already. And who is going to prove them any wrongdoing? It would also explains a high volume, despite of the fact that they have not been an actual exchange, for far over a month already, but only a service that sells bitcoins, at a price 5-10% higher from the market."

I think the problem is more with the bank services API, that would explain Mt.Gox not automating wires. IMO the bank changed the API or something and Mt.Gox hasn't adapted.
gambitv

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:21:28 PM

Anyone made a deposit recently to them? What currency arrived safely?

The stock market today is a war zone, where algobots fight each other over pennies, millions of times a second.
zeroblock

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:28:33 PM

Mt.Gox uses Mizuho Bank, one of the biggest banks in the world. MtGox represents an absolutely tiny fraction of the total volume that bank processes.  So we are supposed to beleive that a major bank can't process MtGox withdraws after volume dropped signficantly but deposits are no problem?  Sounds like a stall tactic to refresh deposits. 

I think the problem is more with the bank services API, that would explain Mt.Gox not automating wires. IMO the bank changed the API or something and Mt.Gox hasn't adapted.

And what gives you reason to think that?
OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:04:01 PM

They actually did stop SEPA withdrawn, since that noone has received one in the last 2 weeks at least...

My SEPA withdrawal from the 4th of June goes to "pending" today.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:07:50 PM

Is there still a bounty?  Mine came through.

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
zeroblock

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:34:29 PM

Let's see the screenshot. USD withdraw?
fabrizziop

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:18:04 PM

And what gives you reason to think that?

The description of the current situation, I think they're processing large wires manually but I doubt the guys with one million dollars at mtgox will claim a 1 BTC bounty. I'm assuming they're acting in good faith.
Evolvex

Activity: 179

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:30:44 PM

You call this "focus"

SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET WAS WRONG, MUST CORRECT THEM.....

You dont actually, you call it "depth of field" (at least in the photography world...)

Smiley
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:04:21 PM

You call this "focus"

SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET WAS WRONG, MUST CORRECT THEM.....

You dont actually, you call it "depth of field" (at least in the photography world...)

Smiley

His comment is actually relevant to the situation, yours is nitpicking over something that isn't even wrong.
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:14:44 PM

Is there still a bounty?  Mine came through.

-EP

You're the winner if you just provide a screenshot!  Cheesy
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:15:56 PM

Video from Roger Ver on MtGox Finances to ease the communitys misplaced fears on MtGox Insolvency - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP1YsMlrfF0

So he repeats the old story that the problem is the amount of transfers - but we have seen that for last month there were 0 transfers executed from MtGox - how that fits the story?

0 transfers eh?

Let's go back one page in this very thread:
i just made another successful domestic withdrawl to my Japanese bank account.  Took only a day or 2 as usual.

(i know this doesn't count, but just thought i'd let you guys know)

0 USD transfers that were initiated after withdrawals were resumed (7/4) might be accurate.

Right... a bounty for a withdrawal started less than 8 business days ago when MtGox said it would take several weeks to get caught on on the queue before they can deal with new requests.

Yes, this bounty was created for withdrawals initiated after 7/4/2013, but don't you find it a little odd that there are no reports to be found anywhere for any kind of success in receiving USD for any kind of withdrawal requests?

I am quite sure that some happy customer that got their very old USD withdrawal finally coming through would show up also on this thread. Or in some other thread. Anywhere.

I cannot think of any other explanation for this lack of any kinds of success except that they are not really processing the queue at all.

If you listen carefully to what Roger Ver is saying on the video and especially what he is NOT saying , even he is not telling us of any kind of achieved progress in processing the withdrawals at all.

No, I don't find it odd that people wiring money out of Gox don't come report to you.  Their money is non of your business.  You guys are paranoid.

But, let's assume you are right for a second.  What are you going to do?  If I believed what you believe, I would cancel my withdrawal request, buy bitcoins, and get as far away from MtGox as possible.  If you still have money at MtGox with your beliefs you are an idiot.  If you don't have money with MtGox, then why the fuck are you trying to whip people into a panic instead of going about your business.  Or is trading on MtGox the only reason you are here?  If so, go find something productive to do to help develop the bitcoin economy or GTFO.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
abrkn

Activity: 232
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW

July 17, 2013, 08:16:56 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 03:46:25 AM by abrkn

keybase.io/abrkn/key.asc
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:19:27 PM

Is this why BTCUSD is higher on Gox than on Stamp/Btce?

In all likelihood, yes.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

No, I don't find it odd that people wiring money out of Gox don't come report to you.  Their money is non of your business.  You guys are paranoid.

But, let's assume you are right for a second.  What are you going to do?  If I believed what you believe, I would cancel my withdrawal request, buy bitcoins, and get as far away from MtGox as possible.  If you still have money at MtGox with your beliefs you are an idiot.  If you don't have money with MtGox, then why the fuck are you trying to whip people into a panic instead of going about your business.  Or is trading on MtGox the only reason you are here?  If so, go find something productive to do to help develop the bitcoin economy or GTFO.

It is not about believing or not - it is about assigning probability to this event.  The probability grows and it makes me uncomfortable - I did move out most of my funds already and I am pretty happy with my overall profits, but this situation is still rather unnerving for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: