Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:19:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish the price of bitcoin would stabilize!!  (Read 756 times)
aklintsevich (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 03:18:09 PM

The price increases and decreases are driving me crazy!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
compwindsor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:03:32 PM

It is only beneficial to everyone that the price is not stabilizing as a common stock would.

The volatile nature of BTC and LTC at current means that people who were very late getting in on crypto (if they're smart, patient, and lucky) can still make a substantial profit with very low startup.

When BTC starts to stabilize and stays stable for a long time (i.e., 6 months at the same price + or - 1 USD), I would consider it a very bad thing and would believe that it would be caused by only a few people having the majority of the available (mined) bitcoins.  Once a user, or a group of a few users have the majority of bitcoins available, they are free to manipulate BTC to a certain, dirty extent.  Much like the infamous Fontas (known retard scammer) and his lemmings (the morons who listen to him) are very successful with pumps and dumps, the same manipulation can occur by one person alone if he / she has tens or hundreds of thousands of bitcoins at their disposal.

At the moment, the fact that even small amounts within exchanges can cause the price of BTC and LTC to be unstable means that people can at least do their research and sell high and buy low, and make profits on crypto within VERY small periods of time (I made 17LTC off of yesterday's panic selling  / buying on BTCE.  Not a whole lot, but it serves the point i'm making now).

The price showing any sort of long-lived stability at this point would not be a good thing.  The USD is quite stable, but it is both printed and manipulated by a third party.  Without putting tinfoil hats on, I don't think anyone in this forum should have a problem thinking up ways this has led a detriment to the U.S. economy and those it affects.  I believe this is one reason why Nakamoto set up BTC to NOT be an endless supply.  Could you imagine working for someone who held the majority of BTC? They'd be paying you in very small sums of mBTC because they know they can get away with it, just like many employers pay minimum wage for an inordinate amount of work.  They understand that if you won't do it, someone else will.  Everyone loses.

Tagbond Rewards - My TAG ID is 4183 - Tag someone today with a reward, get your own TAG ID
doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:28:43 PM

It wont.  Most of the holders of btc are buying and selling speculatively, and there are trying to convince their friends and family to just buy it as a speculation.

We have really good folks like DPR, Erik Vorhees, etc working to try to create commerce with bitcoin.  everyone else, a speculator.

Popcorn time.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:36:35 PM

Case in point are newbies like compwindsor...talking about it like its a stock, talking about profit and investment.  Delusionally telling you that its better if the price never stabilizes...   

It is only beneficial to everyone that the price is not stabilizing as a common stock would.

The volatile nature of BTC and LTC at current means that people who were very late getting in on crypto (if they're smart, patient, and lucky) can still make a substantial profit with very low startup.

Getting in late?  This thing is still an infant.  Again talking about it like its a penny stock that might shoot to the moon only.

When BTC starts to stabilize and stays stable for a long time (i.e., 6 months at the same price + or - 1 USD), I would consider it a very bad thing and would believe that it would be caused by only a few people having the majority of the available (mined) bitcoins.  Once a user, or a group of a few users have the majority of bitcoins available, they are free to manipulate BTC to a certain, dirty extent.....blah blah blah blah
At the moment, the fact that even small amounts within exchanges can cause the price of BTC and LTC to be unstable means that people can at least do their research and sell high and buy low, and make profits on crypto within VERY small periods of time (I made 17LTC off of yesterday's panic selling  / buying on BTCE.  Not a whole lot, but it serves the point i'm making now).

Glad this guy is adding to the community day trading btc and ltc.  I mean, you know, who needs commerce when you can just "make profits on crypto within VERY small periods of time."

The price showing any sort of long-lived stability at this point would not be a good thing.  The USD is quite stable, but it is both printed and manipulated by a third party. 

Two completely different things dude.  The USD has a lot more price stability because it is used mostly for commerce.  The fact that it is controlled and printed by some one else is evidence of it being and inferior exchange mechanism and store of value.  BTC is supposed to be better and therefore should be stable and used for savings and commerce.  the USD should be the speculative asset.

But his thinking is common of the bitcoin crowd.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
compwindsor

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Case in point are newbies like compwindsor...talking about it like its a stock, talking about profit and investment.  Delusionally telling you that its better if the price never stabilizes...   

Getting in late?  This thing is still an infant.  Again talking about it like its a penny stock that might shoot to the moon only.

When BTC starts to stabilize and stays stable for a long time (i.e., 6 months at the same price + or - 1 USD), I would consider it a very bad thing and would believe that it would be caused by only a few people having the majority of the available (mined) bitcoins.  Once a user, or a group of a few users have the majority of bitcoins available, they are free to manipulate BTC to a certain, dirty extent.....blah blah blah blah

Glad this guy is adding to the community day trading btc and ltc.  I mean, you know, who needs commerce when you can just "make profits on crypto within VERY small periods of time."

The price showing any sort of long-lived stability at this point would not be a good thing.  The USD is quite stable, but it is both printed and manipulated by a third party. 

Two completely different things dude.  The USD has a lot more price stability because it is used mostly for commerce.  The fact that it is controlled and printed by some one else is evidence of it being and inferior exchange mechanism and store of value.  BTC is supposed to be better and therefore should be stable and used for savings and commerce.  the USD should be the speculative asset.

But his thinking is common of the bitcoin crowd.

Not sure why you sound so angry.  If you could read, you'd see that I was CONTRASTING crypto from common stock.  Maybe English isn't your first language or you just like to make up your own conclusions.

"getting in late" refers to people who were not here mining BTC and / or BTC when it was easy enough to mine hundreds or thousands of BTC and / or BTC per day.  You've never heard the expression nor what it's in reference to with regards to crypto? Again, try reading before making the wrong conclusion.

Also, making profits from trading crypto is wrong?  Sounds like your jealous to me.  Many people trade crypto for profiit.

In regards to your last point about USD, again, I was contrasting it with crypto, not comparing.

You really need to calm down and learn to read.  No need to be so angry.  I'm not sure if you're just nerdraging or some clown who thinks he has all the answers.

Tagbond Rewards - My TAG ID is 4183 - Tag someone today with a reward, get your own TAG ID
compwindsor

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:06:44 PM

P.S.  People don't say "case in point" before making a point, they say it after making a point.  I should've just stopped there and not bothered to respond.  Simple mistakes like that only prove how unintelligent and uninformed you are.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 10:08:11 PM

P.S.  People don't say "case in point" before making a point, they say it after making a point.  I should've just stopped there and not bothered to respond.  Simple mistakes like that only prove how unintelligent and uninformed you are.

Actually, I've heard people say it both ways - before and after their point.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:09:32 PM

Let's see what happen

meekstav876

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:13:13 PM

It's stable now at $60 to $70. Are you happy now?

I'm not.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:44:20 PM

It's stable now at $60 to $70. Are you happy now?

I'm not.

Me neither. I want to see it go down to $5 a coin so I can buy a bunch and then have it go up to $1000.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
A+S

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

Just buy and hold long term. It will be better for you.  Smiley
petterj

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:04:15 PM

that's how we make money?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: