Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question for all  (Read 1021 times)
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

We have all read stories of coins being sent to wrong addresses (typos or badly copy and pastes)

What would you do if 100 Btc landed into your account? (unfortunately this has not happened to me yet)
Even if this is mostlikely impossible because when a typo isn't enough to redirect the transaction to another address but let's play the game.
If suddenly 100BTC landed on my wallet I would re-send them to their owner (I can't sleep at night if I have funds that are not mine) and hopefully the owner will appreciate my act and will give me some tips Smiley

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:44:19 AM

We have all read stories of coins being sent to wrong addresses (typos or badly copy and pastes)

What would you do if 100 Btc landed into your account? (unfortunately this has not happened to me yet)
100 btc ?? Figures are fantastic, I can not imagine how the feelings of people who send bitcoin, may be confused and suffer huge losses. If there are 100 bitcoins to my account, I may be confused with what I should do, but I will definitely return the bitcoin, because it's not my right, even if I use bitcoin, then I will not be happy because this is not my bitcoin

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:59:11 AM

wallet addres is bit complicated, if typo i thing the wallet is not exist if someone want to transfer it
but in some bounty program, the bounty manager can doing some mistake
but if 100BTC i think none of dumbest people will doing mistake transfer, but if that exist your luck happen by a dumb person

Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:04:18 AM

the most normal thing in this case is to return the Bitcoins to their owner, in my opinion.
And, hardly such a mistake would be made with 100 BTC.

hashshashin

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:10:20 AM

Bro, how old are you, what do you believe in such miracles? ; D
You need to earn 100 Btc yourself, and then think about how to spend it.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Tramle091296

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:24:42 AM

I think 100btc cant send to one address. if Im the one who have 100 bitcoin i Split it for different account to avoid big problems. in this Situation Tells you that it can be on 100btc in wrong address and i think there`s an Warning or notification if the bitcoin address is wrong. the ratio of the transaction for the miss type address is 1% only. 

If that 100 bitcoin send for my account ill return it to the owner cause using money that not yours have a Bad Consequences.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:42:31 AM

Playing these game, though statiscally, it is really impossible, I really do not know what to do. I may think of not returning it back for such a large amount, however, I really prefer the good side.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sollahp

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:45:15 AM

I'd probably gave them back, I know is a lot of money but what would I do if I were the  guy sending the coins ?
I would really love to get them back, anyway 100 btc is 1M  at the current price.
Angel is really exist? I know there are many good guys out there but if you gonna do that for real so you're the best in the goods..... It's reall impressed me much man. I hope your words are the real ones not only saying bullshit...

xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:52:26 AM

Bro, how old are you, what do you believe in such miracles? ; D
You need to earn 100 Btc yourself, and then think about how to spend it.
Looks like the OP has a very high imagination.
Well, it could happen but the possibility is very small Moreover bitcoin is very valuable. The person who will send the bitcoin that much will definitely re-examine the transaction repeatedly, or prefer to keep it in place.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
hypersonic1

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:52:45 AM

Honestly I would send 9 of them back and take 1 as a fee. XD

mikaeala15

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

If that will be happened to me I will automatically send it back the 100 btc to the address that sent to my wallet. It's a big amount of money and I don't have intention to steal it I know how does its owner will feel if he lost it because I've been experienced of losing money already.
codered000

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:17:27 PM

The chances of that happening is very very low because if it's just one mistake in the address then it's probably an invalid address therefore no transaction will be made. And if ever that really happened to me where I received 100 btc then I'll send it back to the address who sent me but I'll keep some as a fee and right now the fee in every transactions is very high.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:17:41 PM

So, you lying mother fuckers want everyone to believe you would return more than a million dollars to its rightful owner?

Most of you are here to collect a few pennies a day from signature campaigns. I have so much money that signature campaigns are not worth it to me and still I would never return a million dollars if someone sent it to me.

daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:21:33 PM

wow, that's a huge amount
and if all of a sudden there is a 100BTC coin going into my wallet, I will soon faint Cheesy
But be calm, I will not spend it myself, I will share it to everyone, maybe I want to grab some, 10BTC I think this is enough  Grin Grin Grin
alonrono

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:22:28 PM

I would be shocked for a few days hahaha.
And then I will try to think about what I'm going to do.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:36:06 PM

Will thank you if this will happen to me. 100 bitcoins could make me a millionaire. Unfortunately there no way that you can retrieve your bitcoins sent to a wrong address unless he/she sent it to you back. That is my understanding.
nedeken01

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:20:12 PM

I wish it not gonna happen ,if it happen we should back it.
l0uisStanley

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:26:16 PM

we should be careful with our accounts. If I would wrongly received 100 BTC then I would give them back immediately. If someone decides to donate me 100 bitcoins then I would keep them
SergeYak

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:28:23 PM

It is really sad man.
I whould be very upset for a long time  Angry But maybe people should start making good things and return money..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: