Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:52:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bedazzled  (Read 460 times)
simplelisten (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:27:48 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 06:54:41 AM by simplelisten

I just want to ask on how you guys learned about this making sites and faucets. I (can't) relate most topics in here besides the usual posts? Can anyone give me links?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:29:22 AM

I just want to ask on how you guys learned about this making sites and faucets. I can relate most topics in here besides the usual posts??can anyone give me links??

I have troubles understanding your question... Do you want to learn how to make a site? In that case, there are several good tutorials, but they have little or nothing to do with bitcoin.
For example: http://websitesetup.org/ (just found this link trough google).

About making a faucet: i'd suggest one of the free faucets scripts (for example, the one from faucetbox) to start playing with.
The thing is: i'm not really sure if i understood your question. do you really want to make a site, or do you want to make a faucet, also: what are your skills and experience???
simplelisten (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:52:45 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 06:52:38 AM by simplelisten

I just want to ask on how you guys learned about this making sites and faucets. I can relate most topics in here besides the usual posts??can anyone give me links??

I have troubles understanding your question... Do you want to learn how to make a site? In that case, there are several good tutorials, but they have little or nothing to do with bitcoin.

About making a faucet: i'd suggest one of the free faucets scripts (for example, the one from faucetbox) to start playing with.
The thing is: i'm not really sure if i understood your question. do you really want to make a site, or do you want to make a faucet, also: what are your skills and experience???
Thanks, I think I would refer to the scripts you are talking about. and no internet skills. i would just want to know the basics like, there are many terms in altcoins that I cant find in the btc dictionary.

How is this script?
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:58:37 AM

thanks i think i would refer to the scripts you are talking about. and no internet skills. i would just want to know the basics like, there are many terms in altcoins that i cant find in the btc dictionary.

How is this script?

You might want to take a step back here... It looks like you're mixing up a couple of concepts if you're asking about how to make sites and faucets when you have no internet skills and are asking about the terms of altcoins and looking them up in the BTC dictionary Wink

I'd suggest you start browsing this forum, about anything you need to learn has already been discussed, and can be found using the search function (pro tip: click on the magnifier glas, it'll take you to a bigger search-page that allows you to use google search instead of the forum search).
In order to make a faucet, you basically need some experience buying domain names, renting shared hosting, installing php/mysql scripts,... You should probably start building some experience by finding a free php/mysql host, registering a free .dot.tk domain name and starting to install some open source scripts. In the meantime, i'd suggest you read up on bitcoin on this forum and start using faucets. Once you're confortable with using faucets and installing scripts, you can rent a shared hosting account, buy a domainname and install the free faucetbox script.
This being said: the faucet world is a hard one... I don't think a lot of faucet owners actually make "real" money with their faucets... Some might turn a little profit, but i doubt it gives them more money than they would have gotten when doing a minimum-wage job.
Jambolb2

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:02:52 AM

thanks i think i would refer to the scripts you are talking about. and no internet skills. i would just want to know the basics like, there are many terms in altcoins that i cant find in the btc dictionary.

How is this script?

If you have limited skills I think the easiest way is to hire the services of others to create a site faucet / faucet script for you. Many people who offer such services here, maybe you can look at this section https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0 thank you
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:07:36 AM

I just want to ask on how you guys learned about this making sites and faucets. I (can't) relate most topics in here besides the usual posts??can anyone give me links??

If you are new to Bitcoins I would not recommend jumping straight into making an own faucet site. I would do some reading before investing real Money here. Because if your faucet site is done poorly and being used you will just be losing Money.

I found the Princeton book on Bitcoins very helpful. It is free https://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/randomwalker/the-princeton-bitcoin-textbook-is-now-freely-available/.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:12:15 AM

http://ifaucet.net is a one spot for faucets. Largest directory checked periodically. You'll get the best of em all there.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███