Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy a  (Read 1959 times)
/dev/null (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:22:19 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 09:41:00 PM by /dev/null

I was talking with some business partners today and i was wondering.

Will you be interested in buying a

Mobile sized standalone wallet device that requires you to scan your fingerprint or does face recognition with inbuilt camera to make transactions and works on 3g/2g network?

You just have to scan QR codes to send money or provide a short code number. (obtainable via website by doing registration of any bitcoin address)
Ex: ICQ number

If you wouldn't like to buy it, please give me reasons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Feathercoin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:25:27 PM

No, sorry :/
killcat

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 04:26:00 PM

Maybe but probably not.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:25:42 PM

you dont need a device.. just the programming skills to make a good app for the current range of smart phones.

most people do not want to spend $20-$200 just to store there cash, but an app adds a layer of security to your phone.. that would work

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:34:03 PM

you dont need a device.. just the programming skills to make a good app for the current range of smart phones.

most people do not want to spend $20-$200 just to store there cash, but an app adds a layer of security to your phone.. that would work

Phone can get hacked, device can not. Would you prefer to use a phone as a cold storage device?

People have google authenticator app but they still use yubikeys.

PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:38:21 PM

I think it's a good idea. I'd like a stand alone device with the sole purpose of handling bitcoin/alts transactions. I agree that phones are just too vulnerable for this. I mean I have my phone loaded with a ton of crap apps, I would most definitely not trust it with my money.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 07:39:09 PM

Nope.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:41:22 PM

Phone can get hacked, device can not. Would you prefer to use a phone as a cold storage device?

I'd rather use a paper wallet for long-term and a hot wallet with just a few coins on my phone.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:47:23 PM

Phone can get hacked, device can not.

The device you are talking about sure sounds hackable to me.

Also, biometrics are not useful here.  Or, at best, they are of very limited value.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Albert Speer

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 07:54:56 PM

I dont see the use of this to be honest.
Leon D

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:20:55 PM

Not for Bitcoin, but your idea isn't all bad.

You could develop your product into a children's toy to teach them about the value of cryptocurrency.  I realize this sounds like a joke, but I'm actually slightly serious.  I grew up begging my parents for those little digimon games that you snap together and battle your friends; would you buy your child a KidKoin miner for $20? Lol idk
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:29:35 PM

Good idea, cold storage hardware wallets needs to be developed soon!

AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:36:55 PM

Now I definitely won't. Devices can most certainly get hacked. If the developer doesn't understand this then the developer will be sloppy with security of said device.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:44:14 PM

I'd rather use a paper wallet for long-term and a hot wallet with just a few coins on my phone.

After that longterm you will need to move your coins somewhere right, a computer.
Why use something again when you want to move your money from it.

Ps: I'm not talking about a daily use device here, I'm sure people who need a secure hardware wallet will like to use it.

You will never need a pc to move your funds ever.

I talked about biometrics and face recognition option because we are talking about a crypto currency here.

/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

Now I definitely won't. Devices can most certainly get hacked. If the developer doesn't understand this then the developer will be sloppy with security of said device.

You know what sir, peoples like to say alot bad things without even thinking it properly. If i am talking about a custom device here of course i know all these problems better than you.

You said device will get hacked, Please let me know how it will get hacked when you don't even know how it works, what kind of software it will going to use, what kind of security we are going to implement in it,  you will be able to connect it to a pc or not.

Device hacking is different than pc hacking, People can hack a device and change it to whatever they want, but they can not hack other peoples device without touching them.

I'll give you a example: PS3

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:04:06 PM

Use the phone as face recognition device, have the wallet be a small microUSB dongle to be plugged into the phone. Problem solved.
Albert Speer

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:04:28 PM

Use the phone as face recognition device, have the wallet be a small microUSB dongle to be plugged into the phone. Problem solved.

yep issue solved with this solution.
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:18:19 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 09:39:59 PM by /dev/null

It's not about sending payments securly or finding a alternative to send money from cold storage wallet.

In your method you will need 2 stuff. Cell and Usb drive, if you don't have the other one, you will not be able to do transaction.

People can use a card also
like this.

But I'm talking about a single device here.

You guys are some kind of troll or what? I mean seriously what are you guys trying to prove by posting useless reply here.
Please think in your head, use imagination.

Ps: Greyhawk, i hope you will use your method forever.

Bitcoin Ventures

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:30:23 PM

Short answer: No, I wouldnt.
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

Also, biometrics are not useful here.  Or, at best, they are of very limited value.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/12/insert-coin-pipa-touch-fingerprint-reader/

Check video in this page.

/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:31:54 PM

That's true, you wouldn't ever have enough money to buy it.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:35:51 PM

You're asking for opinions and getting offended when people are giving them to you.  You're looking rather immature and unprofessional right now.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 09:37:43 PM

You're asking for opinions and getting offended when people are giving them to you.  You're looking rather immature and unprofessional right now.

Look i'm not here to listen "no no no" of some random kids without a valid reason.
These kids are spamming in my thread and i don't like that.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: