Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:00:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT on Bittrex?  (Read 770 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:40:03 AM

Okay so no one answered my question.  Can you send an ach or bank wire to bittrex or other exchange and then get usdt?

Also are you guys telling me selling your btc for usdt is not a good idea?  I thought about doing this because say i want to buy some altcoins at a certain price.  Say i want to buy a coin when its 5 dollars etc.  I have btc.  But if i wait for the price of the altcoin to drop to 5 dollars before i buy with the bitcoin i have bought specifically to buy altcoins, then i have to make sure the btc price either says around the same or goes higher.  Because if both falls, then sure i get the altcoin at a better price but i would be selling the bitcoin for a lower price.  So in this situation where you only want to care about the altcoin price and not care about the btc price for a certain amount of btc you have solely to buy altcoins, you could just sell it immediately for usdt?  Then when the altcoin hits the price that you want to buy, then you immediately sell the usdt for btc... then immediately buy the altcoin with the btc?  Is this correct?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:22:47 AM

Hi there.  Here is my situation.  I want to mainly buy altcoins and hold but also daytrade.  For example, say im looking at the prices and prices are dropping.  Now i want to buy a certain altcoin because its below a certain price.  In order for me to do this, i need to request a btc withdraw from a site that i bet on.  Thus they pay out in btc.  So say at the moment i want to buy 1000 usd worth of an altcoin.  So in order for me to do this, i need to request a btc withdraw from the site.  However, it would takes hours or a day or even longer for the btc to hit my wallet.  By then, the price of the altcoin might have went up a lot to where i don't want to buy it anymore at that price.  Thus i need to have btc on hand.  I do have some btc on hand but the issue is those btc... im holding it.  I do not want to convert those btc to altcoins.  Thus i want to convert usd i have in a betting account online that bet on... and then when i withdraw, they pay me out in btc the usd equivalent.  Thus if i want to withdraw 1000 usd or 5000 usd, they then pay me out my bitcoin but i dont know how long it takes for the btc to be received.
It depends on the fees was used for transaction when they send you the payment
The thing is i always want to have money on hand where i could buy an altcoin immediately.  So based on my situation, i should request btc from that site... then once i receive it... send it to bittrex... then sell it for usdt right?  Then once i do that... say i have 5000 usdt in my bittrex account.  Now i can look at the prices and when i want to buy an altcoin because the price is dipping or because i heard something good about it or its going up and i want to buy it immediately... then i would immediately buy btc with the usdt right?  For example, say i want to buy a 5 dollar coin and buy 500 shares of it or 2500 dollars.  With the 5000 usdt in my balance... i would then buy 2500 usdt worth of btc.  Then i would immediately sell that 2500 usdt worth of btc for the altcoin right?  Now i own around 500 shares of that altcoin and also have a 2500 usdt balance roughly to buy any altcoin or btc when im ready?  Is that what the process should be like for me?
yes, but with some altcoins, you can use USDT to buy directly.

Another thing i want to ask.  Let say i buy an altcoin for 5 dollars and buy 1000 shares of it.  Let just say btc is worth 5k for example.  Thus i spent 1 btc to buy 1000 shares of an altcoin.  Now the altcoin price went up to 8 dollars and i want to sell.  I sell all of it and i make around 3k profit minus fees.  So when i sell the altcoin back to btc, i get btc.  But let say btc went from 5k to 15k for example.  So i started out with 1 btc... but because btc went up so much... 1 btc is 15k.... and i get only 8k back... i get around 0.533 btc.  So here i clearly made a usd profit.  But in order for me to lock this profit in this trade, i should be selling that 0.533 btc immediately for usdt which should be around 8k usdt right?  That way i locked by 3k usdt profit?  Because if i dont convert it to usdt and say btc drops... well my 3k usd profit from buying/selling that altcoin could be negated by the drop of btc right if it drops over that amount?

yes, your USDT balance has not affected by the change in bitcoin prices.
andamers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:49:59 PM

As I known that USDT is Tethered USD. But nowaday USDT is higher than USD exceed over +10%, it can be called inflation. I think BTC price actually too high to obtain, so I have seen bunch of people have to choose USDT  instead of BTC.
That is my point.I think it is a better way to join the exchange,and it is useful can instead of most coin.
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:08:17 PM

If you are selling an altcoin for btc.  And you plan to later on another altcoin when prices dip... should you be selling the btc immediately for usdt... that way you dont have to be affected by the btc fluctuations?  Thus imagine you want to buy an altcoin at 1 dollar.  Its 2 dollars now.  BTC is say 13k now.  But if you sell the btc for usdt... then you can buy the altcoin at 1 dollar.  But if during that instance, btc drops to 10k, you would get less altcoin with that same amount of money.  Someone mentioned in a thread its a way to park your funds so you could buy altcoins later on.  Thoughts on this?
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:58:27 AM

Okay so no one answered my question.  Can you send an ach or bank wire to bittrex or other exchange and then get usdt?

I don't do that because I don't think that it will need too long before I can receive that money in my bank account. I prefer to send my btc to my friend which is bought and sold btc for fiat so I don't have to wait too long. selling your btc is a good idea but my suggestion is better you use your friend service to cash out your btc to fiat because the fee is not too big to depend on the bank.

Also are you guys telling me selling your btc for usdt is not a good idea?  I thought about doing this because say i want to buy some altcoins at a certain price.  Say i want to buy a coin when its 5 dollars etc.  I have btc.  But if i wait for the price of the altcoin to drop to 5 dollars before i buy with the bitcoin i have bought specifically to buy altcoins, then i have to make sure the btc price either says around the same or goes higher.  Because if both falls, then sure i get the altcoin at a better price but i would be selling the bitcoin for a lower price.  So in this situation where you only want to care about the altcoin price and not care about the btc price for a certain amount of btc you have solely to buy altcoins, you could just sell it immediately for usdt?  Then when the altcoin hits the price that you want to buy, then you immediately sell the usdt for btc... then immediately buy the altcoin with the btc?  Is this correct?

this is a different case. if you want to buy a coin with usdt, then you need to have usdt too and not btc.you need to sell your btc and then you can buy the coin with your usdt. I think if the altcoin price increases then I am sure that altcoin price in usdt will increase too.

I only need to buy and sell altcoin in btc and not altcoin in usdt although I do this too. it is not a problem in what way you want to buy or sell, the matter is how much profit you want to make, that's it. if you only turn around with this, I guess you cannot make any profit at all. just do it, try to do 3 times for buy and sell in one coin and see what is happen and I think you can get the point of your question.

If you are selling an altcoin for btc.  And you plan to later on another altcoin when prices dip... should you be selling the btc immediately for usdt... that way you dont have to be affected by the btc fluctuations?  Thus imagine you want to buy an altcoin at 1 dollar.  Its 2 dollars now.  BTC is say 13k now.  But if you sell the btc for usdt... then you can buy the altcoin at 1 dollar.  But if during that instance, btc drops to 10k, you would get less altcoin with that same amount of money.  Someone mentioned in a thread its a way to park your funds so you could buy altcoins later on.  Thoughts on this?

why do we need to sell btc for usdt? if we want to altcoin when the prices dip then we can buy with btc if we have btc and if we only have usdt then we can buy the coin too as long as the coin have pair with usdt.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ladner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:31:31 AM

Hey all got a question.  If you send btc to bittrex and sell your bitcoin... you get the usdt equivalent right?  So for example if you sell btc for 10k and sell 1 of it.  Let say you get around 9975 or so since there is the 0.25 percent fee.  So that means you would have a 9975 usdt value balance?

I read that usdt is a cryptocurrency called tether.  So if you sell bitcoin for that price, you would get a 9975 usdt balance?  So with this balance... let say bitcoin drops to like 9000.  Now let say you want to buy 1 bitcoin.  So the total cost would be 9000 + 22.50 fee = 9022.50.  So that would mean you would have 1 bitcoin in your bittrex wallet.  But your usdt value would show 954.50 usdt right?

So basically if you want to buy and sell bitcoin... buy at the low... then sell very high and do it many times, that would mean your usdt value would be your profit right?  Now with the usdt value you have... the most important thing is how do you cash it out to your bank account?  I read gdax and gemini you sell your bitcoin there and then its converted into usd and then you do an ach or wire transfer to your bank account.  But with bittrex, can you send a bank wire or ach to your bank account or not?  So you would have to create a tether.io account... then send the tether from bittrex to tether.io?  Now what if you want to cash it out.  What are the fees to cash out to your bank account?  I read tether is around 1 dollar or so.  That means that tether is basically like a usd balance then right?  The thing is i read that people who trade on gdax or gemini... they buy/sell bitcoin etc.  But with bittrex, its the same as in gdax/gemini right?  The only different is you have USDT as oppose to usd balance if it was done in gdax or gemini?
I think you can switch between bitcoin and USDT. The price of USDT fluctuates less when bitcoin decreases so you can convert USDT and bitcoin. If you trade, then this conversion is very important, it will help you solve the problem of capital loss as well as bring about Add a little profit if you are clever.
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:22:02 PM

Tether Confirms Its Relationship With Auditor Has 'Dissolved'
https://www.coindesk.com/tether-confirms-relationship-auditor-dissolved/

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: