Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 GPU Rig with Asus Crosshair v formula  (Read 283 times)
Uchiiha-madara (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:44:08 AM

hello guys , I am looking for some help from the pro miners in here
I am currently trying to run a 5 GPU mining rig but I am having problems to get it running all 5 cards
my rig is as follows
2 unit of power supply , 1st  1200w corsair powering the board and 3 cards , and the 2nd 850w cooler master powering the other 2 cards
motherboard  asus rog crosshair v formula , the board have 4 pcie x16 slots and 1 pcie x1
cpu  amd fx 8150
memory 16gb corsair dominators
ssd H.D.D
5 x vga cards asus strix gtx 1080 ti   running on riser cards ver 8 (the newest riser cards)

I have tested  all 5 cards separetly and all 5 riser cards separetly and all are working fine
so far I can have the rig running with 3 cards with no problems
the problem starts with adding the other 2 cards , the motherboard recognize all 5 cards but I get the error code 43 on windows
on 2 of the cards , I need to mention that the 2 cards that get the error code 43 are inserted on the pcie x1 slot and pcie x8 slot
after several tries of pluging and unplugging and switching cards places and combination I find out that any cards inserted on that 2 specific slots
are always having there driver crash on windows and that gives the error 43
I have also tested running only one card on these slots and it manages to get the windows up but it immediately crash if I try to put any load
on the vga card
right now I am convinced that the problem is driver related , I am running NVidia latest  driver 388.43
I have used the vga ddu uninstaller and completely removed the driver and then reinstalled it but still have the same problem running any cards
on these slots
I have tried every possible settings on the motherboard bios and I have tried flashing the bios again but still no luck

so what I am looking for in here is any help about the NVidia drivers that can get me to run all 5 cards without the error code 43
or any specific settings on the bios if u think that the problem is bios related (my bios doesn't have an option for enable 4g decoding  or switching the pcie gen1 gen 2   its running on pcie gen 2 by default)

note : at some point after several tries I have managed to get the system up with 4 cards and started mining with them for few hours but after restarting the system to add the 5th card I can no longer  get 4
cards working again

if anyone using this specific motherboard or have any experience with it can you  please help
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uchiiha-madara (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:00:51 PM

guys I would like also to ask this question
why everyone is using intel platform motherboard for mining over amd platform ??
can amd cpu and motherboard support the multi gpu rigs ? or is it limited
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:15:35 PM

there is no problem with drivers or gpu or any other hardware
this error is because you haven't enabled 4g decoding from bios
enable this and all your gpus will work
Uchiiha-madara (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:35:42 PM

I already stated that my motherboard bios  doesn't have the option to enable 4g decoding
if there is such an option in the bios which I am sure there isn't could you please tell me where I can enable it ?
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:29:50 PM

Exactly! There are tons of detailed manuals on youtube how to setup MoBo BIOS to detect 4+ GPUs for different MoBo. The main is enable 4g encoding (AFTER installing your OS) and set PCI-e gen to 2 version. Also it would recommended to update MoBo Bios at the beggining

fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:05:02 PM

Exactly! There are tons of detailed manuals on youtube how to setup MoBo BIOS to detect 4+ GPUs for different MoBo. The main is enable 4g encoding (AFTER installing your OS) and set PCI-e gen to 2 version. Also it would recommended to update MoBo Bios at the beggining

At motherboards on the AMD chipset in the BIOS there is no item "Above 4G Decoding"!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

I am currently trying to run a 5 GPU mining rig but I am having problems to get it running all 5 cards
my rig is as follows
2 unit of power supply , 1st  1200w corsair powering the board and 3 cards , and the 2nd 850w cooler master powering the other 2 cards
motherboard  asus rog crosshair v formula , the board have 4 pcie x16 slots and 1 pcie x1
cpu  amd fx 8150
ssd H.D.D
5 x vga cards asus strix gtx 1080 ti   running on riser cards ver 8 (the newest riser cards)

I have tested  all 5 cards separetly and all 5 riser cards separetly and all are working fine
the problem starts with adding the other 2 cards , the motherboard recognize all 5 cards but I get the error code 43 on windows
on 2 of the cards , I need to mention that the 2 cards that get the error code 43 are inserted on the pcie x1 slot and pcie x8 slot
after several tries of pluging and unplugging and switching cards places and combination I find out that any cards inserted on that 2 specific slots
I have also tested running only one card on these slots and it manages to get the windows up but it immediately crash if I try to put any load
on the vga card
right now I am convinced that the problem is driver related , I am running NVidia latest  driver 388.43
I have used the vga ddu uninstaller and completely removed the driver and then reinstalled it but still have the same problem running any cards
on these slots
I have tried every possible settings on the motherboard bios and I have tried flashing the bios again but still no luck

so what I am looking for in here is any help about the NVidia drivers that can get me to run all 5 cards without the error code 43
or any specific settings on the bios if u think that the problem is bios related (my bios doesn't have an option for enable 4g decoding  or switching the pcie gen1 gen 2   its running on pcie gen 2 by default)

note : at some point after several tries I have managed to get the system up with 4 cards and started mining with them for few hours but after restarting the system to add the 5th card I can no longer  get 4
cards working again

if anyone using this specific motherboard or have any experience with it can you  please help

Maybe not enough system resources, but you get the Code 43 and not Code 12.
Read page 2-14 user guide for your motherboard. It is described IRQ used in conjunction with various devices. Might help disabling USB 3.0 and onboard sound card.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:53:41 PM

I had code 43 a few days ago when installing my third GPU. All the help topics and videos on YT were useless..
It was power related, connector to GPU was loose.

Are you sure your PSU can pull the weight of the GPUs?
Uchiiha-madara (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:45:39 PM

I am very sure it is not power supply problem because I already replaced my old gigabyte 1200w psu with a new corsair hx1200 w psu
and the same problem still exist , also switching cards on different slots of the motherboard get me the same error on the card attached to
that specific port of the motherboard while the cards it self is working fine
also I want to mention that I tried to disable the sound and lan cards and usb 3 on chip but still no luck so its not related to the shared IRQ on the motherboard
also the pcie are working at gen2 by default and there is no option on the bios to switch it to gen 1
I am going to give it another try now with using only one card on the 2 slots that are not working for me right now after removing the driver and reinstall a frish driver
wkholi

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 03:52:09 PM

Hello

I am having the same problem you had a while ago Smiley.

I need to run 5 GPUs on a ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z.

Did you manage to fix it?

Do you remember how?

I know it is a very old topic but I have spending days trying to figure it out and no luck yet Sad

Your help would be appreciated if you remeber.

Thank you in advanmce
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 04:09:03 PM

guys I would like also to ask this question
why everyone is using intel platform motherboard for mining over amd platform ??
can amd cpu and motherboard support the multi gpu rigs ? or is it limited
AMD motherboard also works for multiple gpu mining too, the reason why many prefer intel over AMD is because most AMD motherboard have too much issues here and there, headaches when setting them up at times, I have only one AMD motherboard and 5 intel motherboards

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 04:28:11 PM

my rig is as follows
cpu  amd fx 8150
ssd H.D.D

on the vga card
on these slots

cards working again

Tell us more about 2 psu connection how are you running them. looks like it is old mobo(whats model?), i have one old mobo too but intel i7 930. it has 5 pcie but i can run only 4gpus. 5 gpu never worked on that later found out that one pcie is parralel to 16x
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: