Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is only good as digital gold and black-market currency.  (Read 1509 times)
Anonymous

July 02, 2011, 10:45:49 PM

In its current form, Bitcoin is only practical as a store-of-value and for use in markets that require anonymity such as online black markets like SilkRoad. If you're betting on it being the general currency of the future, you have little ground to stand on.

I am working on a solution as we speak. See Codename: EasyCoin. Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

I'm done here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dinzy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:53:13 PM

Or, we need to get more people to use it to buy drugs so the value of our digital stockpiles rise. 
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:57:36 PM

In its current form, Bitcoin is only practical as a store-of-value and for use in markets that require anonymity such as online black markets like SilkRoad. If you're betting on it being the general currency of the future, you have little ground to stand on.

I am working on a solution as we speak. See Codename: EasyCoin. Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

I'm done here.
1) it's beta still
2) due to the above it hasn't been widely adapted
3) still plenty of ways to do the above with fiat
The list could go on
but good luck

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
cloud9

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:07:24 PM

I'm done here.

Wow! How's that for someone who has invested "17 days, 6 hours and 40 minutes." into bitcoin.org to this day ( http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3278;sa=statPanel ).

Bitcoin digital good commodity (also used as currency / medium of exchange in barter transactions for other goods / services / currency) are being produced by a capital intensive network of computing power, human endeavor with accompanying running and maintenance cost to the beat of ~12 THash/sec, making it a VERY secure cryptographic key pair signing network.  This may be compared to an average laptop signing security of 600 kHash/sec - the Bitcoin network thus equates the calculation security of ~20 million laptops.  This network signs 50 new Bitcoins approximately every ~10 minutes with a precious unique cryptographic keypair that as a difficulty adjustment in its intrinsic value (that has been sieved and extracted to be mathematically pure amongst the numerous rubish combinations of 0's and 1's).

Gold physical commodity are being prospected, excavated and extracted at a similar high cost to its value.  It is increasingly more difficult to extract gold from the earth's crust.  Early humans have collected it from the surface, today some humans enter the bowls of the earth up to 3km in depth to collect the precious cargo, before it gets sieved and extracted to be 99,99% pure gold atoms.

As a question - how secure will your EasyCoin be - will it be very easy to counterfeit or will its value roughly equal its production cost.  Or will EasyCoin not be a digital commodity like Bitcoin (although it is also used as currency/medium of exchange , among its other uses like message signing, secure web identification, or message encryption) but just a script/promissary note currency, not having intrinsic cryptographic value?  If this is the case, wouldn't your project not be falling within the realms of digital manufactured goods and communications technology - but within the realms of financial services?

Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:07:32 PM

Atlas, you are not alone, who worked on fast, anonymous currency backed by bitcoins. Interesting, who will first came with at least alpha version.
Ah, yes... That other guy`s , they are for real WORKING on it.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:38:32 PM

Or, we need to get more people to use it to buy drugs so the value of our digital stockpiles rise. 

Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Anonymous

July 02, 2011, 11:42:21 PM

I'm done here.

Wow! How's that for someone who has invested "17 days, 6 hours and 40 minutes." into bitcoin.org to this day ( http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3278;sa=statPanel ).

Bitcoin digital good commodity (also used as currency / medium of exchange in barter transactions for other goods / services / currency) are being produced by a capital intensive network of computing power, human endeavor with accompanying running and maintenance cost to the beat of ~12 THash/sec, making it a VERY secure cryptographic key pair signing network.  This may be compared to an average laptop signing security of 600 kHash/sec - the Bitcoin network thus equates the calculation security of ~20 million laptops.  This network signs 50 new Bitcoins approximately every ~10 minutes with a precious unique cryptographic keypair that as a difficulty adjustment in its intrinsic value (that has been sieved and extracted to be mathematically pure amongst the numerous rubish combinations of 0's and 1's).

Gold physical commodity are being prospected, excavated and extracted at a similar high cost to its value.  It is increasingly more difficult to extract gold from the earth's crust.  Early humans have collected it from the surface, today some humans enter the bowls of the earth up to 3km in depth to collect the precious cargo, before it gets sieved and extracted to be 99,99% pure gold atoms.

As a question - how secure will your EasyCoin be - will it be very easy to counterfeit or will its value roughly equal its production cost.  Or will EasyCoin not be a digital commodity like Bitcoin (although it is also used as currency/medium of exchange , among its other uses like message signing, secure web identification, or message encryption) but just a script/promissary note currency, not having intrinsic cryptographic value?  If this is the case, wouldn't your project not be falling within the realms of digital manufactured goods and communications technology - but within the realms of financial services?

I am going to have a business plan up soon. Just wait until then. Haha.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:51:03 PM

Bitcoin value isn't rising fast enough for you so now you start bashing it as a usefull payment system and make your own?
Adios Atlas...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
blendergasket

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:55:39 PM

In its current form, Bitcoin is only practical as a store-of-value and for use in markets that require anonymity such as online black markets like SilkRoad, or organizations that official power structures that control the flow of currency want to starve and strangle. If you're betting on it being the general currency of the future, you have little ground to stand on.

I'm done here.

Fixed that for you.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:18:32 AM

"I'm done here."

I wish!  Cheesy
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:17:18 AM

Disappointed in you Atlas  Sad SMH .
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 04:23:38 AM

Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

Even if it happens tomorrow, I wouldn't advise holding your breath that long.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: