Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:50:04 PM

I like this project, downloaded the wallet. Everything looks fine, except for the blockchain, it's HUGE, we're still in the beginning  and it's already around 2GB.

Are we doing something regarding this issue?

Agreed, there will be changes and optimizations in coming months to reduce blockchain size. Its already in list.

Is it in the list also to have some light wallet client?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

I like this project, downloaded the wallet. Everything looks fine, except for the blockchain, it's HUGE, we're still in the beginning  and it's already around 2GB.

Agreed, there will be changes and optimizations in coming months to reduce blockchain size. Its already in list.

At this time there is a lot of work scheduled and in progress in regards to the wallets. However, right now the devs are very deep into the golang code and making exceptional progress getting the core functionality working properly and efficiently. If you follow some of the updates you can see that they've made some great optimizations to the CryptoNote protocol to date.

There is plenty of discussion between the dev team about how to bring down resource utilization and provide options for all users. Stay tuned for updates, I think you will be impressed when you see the progress and the roadmap as we're able to update it.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:11:09 PM

I like this project, downloaded the wallet. Everything looks fine, except for the blockchain, it's HUGE, we're still in the beginning  and it's already around 2GB.

At this time there is a lot of work scheduled and in progress in regards to the wallets. However, right now the devs are very deep into the golang code and making exceptional progress getting the core functionality working properly and efficiently. If you follow some of the updates you can see that they've made some great optimizations to the CryptoNote protocol to date.

There is plenty of discussion between the dev team about how to bring down resource utilization and provide options for all users. Stay tuned for updates, I think you will be impressed when you see the progress and the roadmap as we're able to update it.

Just like I said before, I like this project, I'm one of the miners out there... (even I mine only at night - electricity costs are half)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
--Serena--

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:17:14 PM

Just like I said before, I like this project, I'm one of the miners out there... (even I mine only at night - electricity costs are half)

Thank you for your compliments, we appreciate having you as a member of the community. I look forward to having some great conversations at your leisure as the project moves ahead!
--Serena--

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:20:23 PM

DERO: Privacy + Smart Contracts

Dero at present is a code fork of Monero (Helium Hydra) with the Bytecoin CryptoNote protocol.
Dero will be a completely new blockchain technology integrating the CryptoNote protocol with new smart contract controls.
Dero is being rewritten from C++ to Golang (Google Language) to bring together CryptoNote and smart contracts on the Dero blockchain.
No ICO just hard POW mining Smiley

CryptoNote protocol implementation in Golang is almost completed.

Forum : https://forum.dero.io/
Explorer : https://explorer.dero.io
Explorer : http://dero.live:8080/

Exchange: https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC

DERO STATS: https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/

GitHub: https://github.com/deroproject

How to mine: https://forum.dero.io/t/how-to-be-part-of-dero-network-start-mining-dero/22

Dero has a very welcoming community and we would enjoy the opportunity to have you join us in Slack or on Reddit!

https://join.slack.com/t/deroproject/shared_invite/enQtMzAwMDc5MDY4NDUzLTAzOWNjYWZmNDgxZTk1YjNiNWFiYjg1OWNiMmQ2MmUxOWRmNjNjOWM3ODAzMzE3M2RhNzBhZjUyZGQxYjQxY2U

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeroProject/

If you have any questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out for any reason. Slack tends to elicit the fastest response times from the community but all listed links are checked several times a day
Strebba90

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:20:16 PM

anyone mining Dero using miningrigrentals?

yes working fine on official dero pool

Am I spamming? Report me!
itslukebenz

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:41:18 PM

Just an idea... Is there any chance you guys would share more detailed info about the premine? I mean a public wallet key, the block height # or estimated time when locked coins will be released? That would probably increase the trust and commitment of investors in this project.
--Serena--

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:22:04 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 12:47:07 AM by --Serena--

Just an idea... Is there any chance you guys would share more detailed info about the premine? I mean a public wallet key, the block height # or estimated time when locked coins will be released? That would probably increase the trust and commitment of investors in this project.

Hello, the public wallet can be seen here:

http://explorer.dero.io/myoutputs/a2487478d25886f45b80a8efe08bc3636b9eec6fc246327526dc670a52dd7d00/dERopSJsuq8byjizjyqr7aFG4bQQSDE2F8sHuAe92uBu4QZpm33uCmUGyiXnFTEwjPH4jYqFj622UVcTnpEFAhhQ8e8HggAMpL/2b7e5941737e0416eebaba30c3c30b517a14db1efa9aa13b119e31c380313603

The block height number is 1 (genesis block) and the time the coins will be released is 1, 2, 3, and 4 years down the road. The total number of premined coins is 2 MILLION.

To date the coins have been allocated in the following ways:

Core development: 0.5 Million coins (25% of total premine) is due to be unlocked after 1 (20%), 2 (20%), 3 (30%), and 4 (30%) years consecutively.

General activities and development: 0.5 Million coins (25% of total premine) is due to be unlocked after 1 (10%), 2 (20%), 3 (30%), and 4 (40%) years consecutively.

To be determined: 1 Million coins (50% of total premine) is due to be unlocked after 4 years of development.

There will be more specific information regarding plans for the premined coins as they become available. The team is committed to transparency and will keep the community informed with up to date information. There are plans to incorporate and at that time the team will make themselves well known to the public.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please reach out and I will do my best to help.
Gherindra

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:25:20 AM

Hello, Dero logo design is very interesting. I really like.
--Serena--

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:33:53 AM

Hello, Dero logo design is very interesting. I really like.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and welcome you to the community.

There are a number of us in slack that talk about a wide range of topics related to Dero if you would like to join us for a good conversation any time you're curious.

https://join.slack.com/t/deroproject/shared_invite/enQtMzAwMDc5MDY4NDUzLTAzOWNjYWZmNDgxZTk1YjNiNWFiYjg1OWNiMmQ2MmUxOWRmNjNjOWM3ODAzMzE3M2RhNzBhZjUyZGQxYjQxY2U
itslukebenz

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:14:54 AM

Hello, the public wallet can be seen here:

http://explorer.dero.io/myoutputs/a2487478d25886f45b80a8efe08bc3636b9eec6fc246327526dc670a52dd7d00/dERopSJsuq8byjizjyqr7aFG4bQQSDE2F8sHuAe92uBu4QZpm33uCmUGyiXnFTEwjPH4jYqFj622UVcTnpEFAhhQ8e8HggAMpL/2b7e5941737e0416eebaba30c3c30b517a14db1efa9aa13b119e31c380313603

The block height number is 1 (genesis block) and the time the coins will be released is 1, 2, 3, and 4 years down the road. The total number of premined coins is 2 MILLION.

To date the coins have been allocated in the following ways:

Core development: 0.5 Million coins (25% of total premine) is due to be unlocked after 1 (20%), 2 (20%), 3 (30%), and 4 (30%) years consecutively.

General activities and development: 0.5 Million coins (25% of total premine) is due to be unlocked after 1 (10%), 2 (20%), 3 (30%), and 4 (40%) years consecutively.

To be determined: 1 Million coins (50% of total premine) is due to be unlocked after 4 years of development.

There will be more specific information regarding plans for the premined coins as they become available. The team is committed to transparency and will keep the community informed with up to date information. There are plans to incorporate and at that time the team will make themselves well known to the public.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please reach out and I will do my best to help.

Hi Serena,

Thanks for your help, highly appreciated! I do understand the concept of a premine, what I meant was that if certain amounts of coins ( so for core devs 25,20,20,30% each year) will be released, then probably each bag is locked up until we reach a certain block height. (as you said this happens yearly so I could do the math with the block time myself)

Anyway, the wallet key does the job for me, gotta love this project.

Thank you!
--Serena--

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:41:55 AM

Hi Serena,

Thanks for your help, highly appreciated! I do understand the concept of a premine, what I meant was that if certain amounts of coins ( so for core devs 25,20,20,30% each year) will be released, then probably each bag is locked up until we reach a certain block height. (as you said this happens yearly so I could do the math with the block time myself)

Anyway, the wallet key does the job for me, gotta love this project.

Thank you!

I misread your first post as "the block height # AND estimated time", thank you for clearing that up!

Thank you for your kind post  by the way and we appreciate you as well.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:30:57 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 04:02:17 AM by fellestreum
Merited by Speedie (1), Dr_Voidberg (1)

Here's an anecdote about why I think Dero is important and exciting as a cryptocurrency.

I was visiting a friend in Munich over this past weekend.  I was trying to convince him to invest in the crypto space but he won't (long story: refuses despite in many ways fitting the ideal "profile" of an early investor).  We were walking into the underground (U-bahn) system there and as many of your probably know, Germany uses an "honour" system with its public transport: there are no turnstiles, ticket inspectors standing at gates, etc.  You buy your own ticket, validate it yourself, and carry it with you as you freely use the system (bus, tram, underground/metro, and suburban train).   If you don't do this you are "schwarz fahren", 'travelling black',  and carry the risk of being busted by an undercover ticket agent and fined.  But in Germany in general rules-based compliance is high among the public (German businesses know this: compliance costs are low compared to other countries) and there are relatively few undercover agents (in all my years of visiting and once for a year living in Germany I have only encountered these agents a tiny handful of times).

The system works, but despite this every now and then (in Munich at least) there is talk of introducing a turnstile system, like you have in London, but the idea never really goes anywhere.  Clearly though there is some concern about compliance and its costs, and the costs to the system of those people who use the public transport system without paying.

I remarked to my friend that I could imagine a "smart card" system, where you buy a card and top it up, or get billed after the fact (like with a mobile telephone account), and you only need to carry this card when you use the system.  There would be various sensors at entries and exists, and the system would "know" when you rode the system without paying, and you would either get apprehended as you exited a station (or a bus/tram) if you had no card, or your account would automatically be billed as needed.  People who kept their account in good standing would never have to worry or even think about the process.  There would be various discounts for students, retired people, low-income people, just as you have now.  You could be billed per use, or buy a monthly/yearly pass, and so on.  This "smart card" system would preserve the convenience and friendliness of the current system (no turnstiles), while cutting compliance costs even further.

My friend pointed out that this would be a privacy nightmare: the system (or the government, etc) would be able to track everyone and know exactly the locations of people, their travelling habits, and so on.  (An anathema to Germans, in particular.)  I immediately shouted: "Bingo: blockchain!".  A smart contracts system implemented on an obfuscated blockchain could solve this problem.  The system could validate that users had paid for their use of the system, and deduct their account accordingly, without knowing where the entry and exit points, or their times, etc, were (except when somebody travelled without a smart card at all, of course).  More importantly, a properly-educated public would know this and have faith that they could use such a smart charging system without having their privacy compromised at all.  Indeed, using the smart card system would guarantee their privacy - it is those who tried to travel without paying who would have their privacy compromised (they would get caught).

This is just one example of a potential application of a Dero-type blockchain, that - as I see it - none of the other cryptocurrencies can provide.  I think there are tons and tons of examples like this.  We really do need a smart contracts system on an obfuscated blockchain.  It is a very obvious next step for the crypto space to take, and it is why I am excited about the Dero project.  It also needs to be a project that is properly managed, which means properly decentralised, and I think the Dero developers have the vision behind the project on that side too, at least from what I have been able to see.

There are of course versions of the smart card system already in use in public transport systems, e.g. in London.  However as far as I know the system is always elective - you can choose a less convenient alternative (and turnstiles are very much used in London) partly because of the privacy issues; you have to choose to give up your privacy in exchange for the convenience of the electronic system, like so much of the high-tech space these days.   Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but smart contracts over an obfuscated blockchain eliminates this convenience/privacy tradeoff.  This is the point of Dero as I see it.  The world very much needs it.  

Keep up the good work!
verccety

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:39:43 AM

Is there a way to view difficulty chart throughout all time?
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:12:42 AM

I don't know the answer to your question but through experience, the average hashrate I have seen is around 5MH pretty stable. There are spikes up to 9MH or so every once in a while (guessing nicehash since it doesn't remain that high).

Hope that helps in some way.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:24:18 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 03:12:58 PM by CaptDero

Here's an anecdote about why I think Dero is important and exciting as a cryptocurrency.

I was visiting a friend in Munich over this past weekend.  I was trying to convince him to invest in the crypto space but he won't (long story: refuses despite in many ways fitting the ideal "profile" of an early investor).  We were walking into the underground (U-bahn) system there and as many of your probably know, Germany uses an "honour" system with its public transport: there are no turnstiles, ticket inspectors standing at gates, etc.  You buy your own ticket, validate it yourself, and carry it with you as you freely use the system (bus, tram, underground/metro, and suburban train).   If you don't do this you are "schwarz fahren", 'travelling black',  and carry the risk of being busted by an undercover ticket agent and fined.  But in Germany in general rules-based compliance is high among the public (German businesses know this: compliance costs are low compared to other countries) and there are relatively few undercover agents (in all my years of visiting and once for a year living in Germany I have only encountered these agents a tiny handful of times).

The system works, but despite this every now and then (in Munich at least) there is talk of introducing a turnstile system, like you have in London, but the idea never really goes anywhere.  Clearly though there is some concern about compliance and its costs, and the costs to the system of those people who use the public transport system without paying.

I remarked to my friend that I could imagine a "smart card" system, where you buy a card and top it up, or get billed after the fact (like with a mobile telephone account), and you only need to carry this card when you use the system.  There would be various sensors at entries and exists, and the system would "know" when you rode the system without paying, and you would either get apprehended as you exited a station (or a bus/tram) if you had no card, or your account would automatically be billed as needed.  People who kept their account in good standing would never have to worry or even think about the process.  There would be various discounts for students, retired people, low-income people, just as you have now.  You could be billed per use, or buy a pass, and so on.  This "smart card" system would preserve the convenience and friendliness of the current system (no turnstiles), while cutting compliance costs even further.

My friend pointed out that this would be a privacy nightmare: the system (or the government, etc) would be able to track everyone and know exactly the locations of people, their travelling habits, and so on.  (An anathema to Germans, in particular.)  I immediately shouted: "Bingo: blockchain!".  A smart contracts system implemented on an obfuscated blockchain could solve this problem.  The system could validate that users had paid for their use of the system, and deduct their account accordingly, without knowing where the entry and exit points, or their times, etc, were (except when somebody travelled without a smart card at all, of course).  More importantly, a properly-educated public would know this and have faith that they could use such a smart charging system without having their privacy compromised at all.  Indeed, using the smart card system would guarantee their privacy - it is those who tried to travel without paying who would have their privacy compromised (they would get caught).

This is just one example of a potential application of a Dero-type blockchain, that - as I see it - none of the other cryptocurrencies can provide.  I think there are tons and tons of examples like this.  We really do need a smart contracts system on an obfuscated blockchain.  It is a very obvious next step for the crypto space to take, and it is why I am excited about the Dero project.  It also needs to be a project that is properly managed, which means properly decentralised, and I think the Dero developers have the vision behind the project on that side too, at least from what I have been able to see.

There are of course versions of the smart card system already in use in public transport systems, e.g. in London.  However as far as I know the system is always elective - you can choose a less convenient alternative (and turnstiles are very much used in London) partly because of the privacy issues; you have to choose to give up your privacy in exchange for the convenience of the electronic system, like so much of the high-tech space these days (google/facebook, anyone?).   Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but smart contracts over an obfuscated blockchain eliminates this convenience/privacy tradeoff.  This is the point of Dero as I see it.  The world very much needs it.  

Keep up the good work!

This post deserves much more than thank you and sMerit. thank you @fellestreum.
You have expressed the IDEA behind Dero.
We hope to create a Blockchain which will affect the entire society from increasing the privacy to daily utilities. Users will have confidence that no copy/access of his data exists on the  shops/counters/merchants/agents he has visited since start of the day. He lives a private life and he knows who has access/copy of his data.
This is a very big and huge impacting topic.  In parallel to technological development of DERO Blockchain we are also working for practical life example to express the DERO concept.

@fellestreum, You are more than welcome to join forum https://forum.dero.io/ and visit us on slack. https://join.slack.com/t/deroproject/shared_invite/enQtMzAwMDc5MDY4NDUzLTAzOWNjYWZmNDgxZTk1YjNiNWFiYjg1OWNiMmQ2MmUxOWRmNjNjOWM3ODAzMzE3M2RhNzBhZjUyZGQxYjQxY2U

All are welcome to improve and suggest.
We are really working hard and dedicating lot to DERO, Hope to develop one of the best Blockchain Technologies.

thanks.
Regards.
Capt. DERO

CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:30:52 AM

I don't know the answer to your question but through experience, the average hashrate I have seen is around 5MH pretty stable. There are spikes up to 9MH or so every once in a while (guessing nicehash since it doesn't remain that high).

Hope that helps in some way.

You can get an idea from here:  https://www.cryptunit.com/coin/DERO
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:48:35 AM

<Snip>

Heck of a post! Look forward to hearing more from you as the project moves forward. Bravo!

pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:03:32 PM

I'm just getting more heavily involved in the project as of this morning so I'll be fully useful in about an hour Smiley I should be able to sort out the CLI command in a few minutes though!

Yes, you seem like a good addition to the team!

Tongue
pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:13:46 PM

I'm just getting more heavily involved in the project as of this morning so I'll be fully useful in about an hour Smiley I should be able to sort out the CLI command in a few minutes though!

I thought your recent messages in this thread had a more "official" tone to them; congrats on the new posting, and to CaptDero for making an excellent decision!

Meanwhile, I'll keep buying GPUs when/where I can get them just as I have been doing over the last 2 weeks, all for specifically mining DERO.

Me too... I want to build a new rig to dedicate it 24/7 to the Dero project... and already invested in some Dero on Stock Exchange...
It looks a good coin and a good project with a cute community Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: