Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:30:59 PM

I'm stuck on block 40286. Doesn't sync and when I try to add priority nodes as advised in an earlier post, it just hangs. I'm not using the GUI wallet and I can't decide if my wallet is on a fork.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:39:52 PM

I'm stuck on block 40286. Doesn't sync and when I try to add priority nodes as advised in an earlier post, it just hangs. I'm not using the GUI wallet and I can't decide if my wallet is on a fork.

If your local DB already "forked" so to speak then adding the new nodes won't help with that. You'll need to delete the DB and start with a fresh sync.

I made a full DB download available that's current as of about 12 hours ago: Download Link

If you're using Windows, the data.mdb file is in ProgramData\dero\lmdb. Simply close your wallet and daemon, delete the data.mdb file in that folder, replace it with the data.mdb file from the download, and start the daemon again with the 6 priority nodes. Once it has synced you can start the wallet again.
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

If your local DB already "forked" so to speak then adding the new nodes won't help with that. You'll need to delete the DB and start with a fresh sync.

I made a full DB download available that's current as of about 12 hours ago: Download Link

If you're using Windows, the data.mdb file is in ProgramData\dero\lmdb. Simply close your wallet and daemon, delete the data.mdb file in that folder, replace it with the data.mdb file from the download, and start the daemon again with the 6 priority nodes. Once it has synced you can start the wallet again.

That worked like a charm. Thank you.
bineva17

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:22:30 PM

Just a warning, don't withdrawal DERO from Stock Exchange. I have a reasonable amount lock under "withdrawal error" (balance is now zero). Placed a ticket and support says the dev will look into it (about 24 hours ago, no change).

Will let you know of any update....Hopefully I haven't lost my coins :/

Follow up, Stock Exchange returned all my coins (took about 48 hours)....

On another note, is it still safe to use the GUI wallet or should I switch to the latest command line wallet due to the issue with block change syncing? Thanks.

Hi Tron, I'm relieved to hear that Stocks.Exchange is starting to respond to the tickets from the community. The GUI wallet was cloned by a community member and is not the official GUI wallet due to be released further into the roadmap. To date I have not had anyone report any issues with the current GUI wallet and the community member who made it remains a respected member.

I asked the same question and think it's safe to use Denis' beautiful Gui wallet v0.0.2. It works like a charm. Anyway, have successfully tested the withdrawal amount of 29,39,49 and 59 coins, error at 69. Our devs are working on it and hope we'll soon find a solution.

@Serena: I adore your talents. Normally community managers can only do the typing work, but not only you are a clever and devoted one, but also clearly understands how blockchain technology works and restlessly supports the Slack mining community of Dero. Not to mention you are female, a rare specie in crypto space and technical world. So good luck and keep doing the great job!
cotinco

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:01:21 PM

Sorry to say that, but again seems that the network is quite synchronized except the priority nodes - all of them stuck on 40785 (official blockchain is 40793). May be they can't handle the large number of connections? The same happened with pool.dero.live.
Speedie

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:11:50 PM

Sorry to say that, but again seems that the network is quite synchronized except the priority nodes - all of them stuck on 40785 (official blockchain is 40793). May be they can't handle the large number of connections? The same happened with pool.dero.live.

They have around 40 - 50 connections each, total, in and out. Loads are averaging 0.05 across the 6 nodes, so it isn't a load problem.

cryptopool.space and the block explorer are off on a higher block than pool.dero.live, dero.tech, dero.miner.rocks, and the 6 nodes. The question being why.

cotinco

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:19:47 PM

They have around 40 - 50 connections each, total, in and out. Loads are averaging 0.05 across the 6 nodes, so it isn't a load problem.

cryptopool.space and the block explorer are off on a higher block than pool.dero.live, dero.tech, dero.miner.rocks, and the 6 nodes. The question being why.

Seems that they forked due to an alternative at 40770.
Unfortunately, the dero daemon handles alternatives very strangely, sometimes it enters in a loop with exception cryptonote::BLOCK_DNE instead of choosing the correct block chain.
air133

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:26:04 PM

Today and now i have problem with pool http://pool.dero.io/ I do not see my stats, write Connection error.
Speedie

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:27:54 PM

Unfortunately, the dero daemon handles alternatives very strangely, sometimes it enters in a loop with exception cryptonote::BLOCK_DNE instead of choosing the correct block chain.

Yes, I noticed that when all 6 nodes simultaneously went beserk and I had to replicate a good DB across them all. At the moment it's a case of holding things together as much as possible until the devs can get a fix in place.
cotinco

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:54:10 PM

Yes, I noticed that when all 6 nodes simultaneously went beserk and I had to replicate a good DB across them all. At the moment it's a case of holding things together as much as possible until the devs can get a fix in place.

dero.miner.rocks is on a longer chain. stocks.exchange seems to be also there. It's very like the same that was happened yesterday - pool.dero.live is building its own blockchain regardless of others. May be it's because of its heavy load?
miner.rocks

Activity: 180
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 07:00:28 PM

We would suggest everyone to stop mining DERO, until fork issues will be solved.  Angry

Yesterday our pool appeared on a forked chain for 3 times, the last one for 3 hours, we fully cover loses of our loyal miners.
Today our pool appeared on a forked chain, and we learned about it only after 2 hours, we will not cover loses anymore.

We suggest dev team to cover all miners loses, caused by these everyday forks, until issue will be solved.

https://miner.rocks pplns cryptonote pools with email alerts and workers stats
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:04:24 PM

We would suggest everyone to stop mining DERO, until fork issues will be solved.  Angry

Yesterday our pool appeared on a forked chain for 3 times, the last one for 3 hours, we fully cover loses of our loyal miners.
Today our pool appeared on a forked chain, and we learned about it only after 2 hours, we will not cover loses anymore.

We suggest dev team to cover all miners loses, caused by these everyday forks, until issue will be solved.

I think at this point we need a full RCA from the devs as to why forks are happening constantly. I’d like to know the technical reason behind these issues. I’m going to keep supporting this coin, but some transparency here would go a long way. Then maybe I, or another community member could help fix it.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:08:04 PM

dero.miner.rocks is on a longer chain. stocks.exchange seems to be also there. It's very like the same that was happened yesterday - pool.dero.live is building its own blockchain regardless of others. May be it's because of its heavy load?

Yikes... I just transferred 37 DERO from stocks.exchange to my local wallet. Hope it didn't end up on a fork and shunted off into the abyss.

--Serena--

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:46:21 PM

@Serena: I adore your talents. Normally community managers can only do the typing work, but not only you are a clever and devoted one, but also clearly understands how blockchain technology works and restlessly supports the Slack mining community of Dero. Not to mention you are female, a rare specie in crypto space and technical world. So good luck and keep doing the great job!

Hi bin!

I'm just trying to contribute where I can Smiley The team is super talented and I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to learn from them everyday.

We will continue to work as hard as we have been, thank you for your positive comments they definitely help inspire me.
--Serena--

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:01:48 PM

I think at this point we need a full RCA from the devs as to why forks are happening constantly. I’d like to know the technical reason behind these issues. I’m going to keep supporting this coin, but some transparency here would go a long way. Then maybe I, or another community member could help fix it.

We will provide a root cause analysis when we've been able to analyze the problem a little further
cotinco

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:06:16 PM

Seems that somebody added some hash power to the "pool.dero.live" blockchain during last 20 minutes and now it has nearly the same length and difficulty with the other one. What now?
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:21:04 PM

We will provide a root cause analysis when we've been able to analyze the problem a little further

What time frame are you thinking? Will we see it today, tomorrow?

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
miner.rocks

Activity: 180
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 09:33:54 PM

Seems that somebody added some hash power to the "pool.dero.live" blockchain during last 20 minutes and now it has nearly the same length and difficulty with the other one. What now?
The chain with higher cumulative difficulty will win sometime, when daemon will be fixed to allow one of chains to win. Until that there will be several chains.

https://miner.rocks pplns cryptonote pools with email alerts and workers stats
cotinco

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:37:50 PM

The chain with higher cumulative difficulty will win sometime, when daemon will be fixed to allow one of chains to win. Until that there will be several chains.
If so, the higher cumulative difficulty is the chain of your pool because official pool was alone most of time. But why don't developers just stop that chain competition by shutting down the official pool as they did before? Or it is supported by some other people? Seems that pools from both sides already started to send their payments (more than 60 blocks gone), won't it be much harder to recover now?
--Serena--

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:37:59 PM

What time frame are you thinking? Will we see it today, tomorrow?

At this time I'm not able to give a specific time frame. There is always at least one person working on and monitoring this issue literally around the clock.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: