Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:16:55 PM
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

That is horrible IMHO. This license is completelly not free software.

In hand you are getting the profit from free software like BitCoin (the whole idea), CryptoNote, ByteCoin and Monero. Without them you would have need much more time (maybe 100 years!) to get to the point where you are now in the development.
But in the other hand you are breaking with the free software chain and releasing your new code as non free, so it can only be used for research (WTF?).

That means something, dero team, you are doing this just for your own profit, not for the innovation or advance of blockchain related technologies. That's not the crypto thinking way I'd support.

Still I don't understand what are you afraid of? What's the thing? Someone will make a fork and release a new coin, so what? You are the trusted developers and you will have always the first position on this field, unless you loose it by doing stupid things. Look at Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, IOTA and so on.

Finally I would honestly suggest you to rethink about this matter. Release the DeroSuit as free software (GPLv3 or AGPLv3), then your 2 Milion premined coins wiill worth something one day.

Just went over this... a few posts ago. You sound like you want to fork the project. There's not a need for it to be free software yet anyway. You can always go from closed to open but you can't go back. At this point in time, making a coin that is this unique with this much work put into it, in the current coin fork atmosphere we have in crypto, would be suicide before it is established.

Every coin you mentioned has been forked to no end (except for IOTA, for good reason). They can take forks since they have been established. There is no point crying about it not being free software at this stage unless you plan on making copy pasta.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krypt0id

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:18:53 PM

Do you think someone smart would invest in a project that depends 100% of a closed group of people? So, if Serena and CaptainDero stop their activity the code will be not longer maintained thus the token living inside the blockchain would end up not valuable at all.

Agree on this point. There's loads of examples where the original devs got tied up in another project/new job and had to drop their cryptocurrency project. Following this on open source coins the community can pick up development, sometimes to greater success than the original team. It is a great way to ensure future-proofing and availability of the currency. Why not open for external review (will make the code better undoubtedly) and allow faster iteration through PRs and community engagement.

Code is open for external review. The source code isn't out on the alpha only. You can see the rest of the code and compile yourself. You just can't use it freely for your own project.

edit : Funny how the "angry free software" guys come out every time dero releases something new or proves it's resilience to attacks.

edit 2 : If the devs abandon the project, then that would be valid to say they need to make it free software for it to survive.

p4u

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

crypto lover

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:29:31 PM

In hand you are getting the profit from free software like BitCoin (the whole idea), CryptoNote, ByteCoin and Monero. Without them you would have need much more time (maybe 100 years!) to get to the point where you are now in the development.
But in the other hand you are breaking with the free software chain and releasing your new code as non free, so it can only be used for research (WTF?).

That means something, dero team, you are doing this just for your own profit, not for the innovation or advance of blockchain related technologies. That's not the crypto thinking way I'd support.

Still I don't understand what are you afraid of? What's the thing? Someone will make a fork and release a new coin, so what? You are the trusted developers and you will have always the first position on this field, unless you loose it by doing stupid things. Look at Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, IOTA and so on.

Finally I would honestly suggest you to rethink about this matter. Release the DeroSuit as free software (GPLv3 or AGPLv3), then your 2 Milion premined coins wiill worth something one day.

Just went over this... a few posts ago. You sound like you want to fork the project. There's not a need for it to be free software yet anyway. You can always go from closed to open but you can't go back. At this point in time, making a coin that is this unique with this much work put into it, in the current coin fork atmosphere we have in crypto, would be suicide before it is established.

Every coin you mentioned has been forked to no end (except for IOTA, for good reason). They can take forks since they have been established. There is no point crying about it not being free software at this stage unless you plan on making copy pasta.

I don't want to fork dero, I want to use it and to develop on top of it. I want to see it working with smart contracts support! But this is not the way the project will achieve success.

Edit: it was not a suicide for Ethereum (to say one) cause people follow trusted developers, not crypto yonkies.
p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

Do you think someone smart would invest in a project that depends 100% of a closed group of people? So, if Serena and CaptainDero stop their activity the code will be not longer maintained thus the token living inside the blockchain would end up not valuable at all.

Agree on this point. There's loads of examples where the original devs got tied up in another project/new job and had to drop their cryptocurrency project. Following this on open source coins the community can pick up development, sometimes to greater success than the original team. It is a great way to ensure future-proofing and availability of the currency. Why not open for external review (will make the code better undoubtedly) and allow faster iteration through PRs and community engagement.

Code is open for external review. The source code isn't out on the alpha only. You can see the rest of the code and compile yourself. You just can't use it freely for your own project.

edit : Funny how the "angry free software" guys come out every time dero releases something new or proves it's resilience to attacks.

edit 2 : If the devs abandon the project, then that would be valid to say they need to make it free software for it to survive.

Then it might be too late for asking it, this is why I'm asking right now.
krypt0id

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:36:02 PM

Then it might be too late for asking it, this is why I'm asking right now.

Smart contracts aren't going to be available for a while and the devs have a lot more foot work for the platform in general. I'm just as anxious as anyone but it's just not ready yet. Seeing the posts from the dev team, I highly doubt they would walk away, let alone walk away without changing the license if needed.

I would rather them work in peace without the fear of some other project cutting their throat with their own hard work.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:36:47 PM

Looking at your post history I see virtually no activity between 2014 and now, so it seems more than a bit unusual for you to suddenly show up in the DERO ANN thread and start mouthing off like this. I'm one of the toughest customers around but even I'm finding your self-affront here massively overdone.

So what's your point? I'm kind of someone who wants to destroy Dero?

I thought my implied point was clear - you haven't been participating in this thread UNTIL NOW. Your butthurt seems disingenuous, in other words.

I'm mining Dero and I love the project (so much that I've come back to bitcointalk after so many time). 

So you say, but you also could have bought an old account to get more from sig campaigns and bounties without having to earn pesky merit...

I was very enthusiastic until I read the License... which I'm blaming cause it's a very bad idea, on my point of view. I want Dero surviving and strong in the long term, not abandoned cause the community has not taked ii.

Again with the butthurt. I have not always been a fan of CaptDero's terse and oblique ways - and I still call him out on it when appropriate now - but I also recognize that there is a small team behind DERO doing a tremendous amount of work. Why not give them a few more weeks or so to prove themselves worthy of our commitment rather than lambast them within days of releasing a complete rewrite of their blockchain?

p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

I thought my implied point was clear - you haven't been participating in this thread UNTIL NOW. Your butthurt seems disingenuous, in other words.

Yes I get it! It's easier to destroy the credibility of someone rather than deal with his arguments.
I've not participated on this thread until I find it important to participate, same as everyone else!

So you say, but you also could have bought an old account to get more from sig campaigns and bounties without having to earn pesky merit...

Not the case, I've been in crypto since long ago, Easy to proof if I've to, but I don't find it necessary, my arguments in favor of Dero beeing free software are still valid.

Again with the butthurt. I have not always been a fan of CaptDero's terse and oblique ways - and I still call him out on it when appropriate now - but I also recognize that there is a small team behind DERO doing a tremendous amount of work. Why not give them a few more weeks or so to prove themselves worthy of our commitment rather than lambast them within days of releasing a complete rewrite of their blockchain?

Again... if the project is free software and administrated as an open project, it'd receive the participation of other developers and it might create an ecosystem around it.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:58:28 PM

I have created a telegram for DERO here is the link everyone: https://t.me/DEROCOIN

I have also invited the developers to join  Cool

Very interesting programming and I like the project.

krypt0id

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:59:32 PM

Yes I get it! It's easier to destroy the credibility of someone rather than deal with his arguments.
I've not participated on this thread until I find it important to participate, same as everyone else!

Not the case, I've been in crypto since long ago, Easy to proof if I've to, but I don't find it necessary, my arguments in favor of Dero beeing free software are still valid.

Again... if the project is free software and administrated as an open project, it'd receive the participation of other developers and it might create an ecosystem around it.

I just explained to you the reasons that your argument, especially at this point in time are null. If you have been in crypto since 2014 then you would agree it is a different atmosphere. A project (especially in it's infancy) protecting it's innovation isn't a bad thing or a kiss of death. Think of it this way, if you didn't think this was game changing, then you wouldn't be upset.

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:04:35 AM

This is a valid point, but it stills begs the question: WHY do YOU need to see the source code NOW? Can you not wait a few weeks? If not, then why not? I'm an EE and have had my work stolen/copied, so I tend to take a dim view of people that demand to see the intellectual property of others for no damn good reason, and you have not presented even a half-baked reason, much less a damn good one, why YOU are entitled to it.

So chill out and let the DERO team do what they do. So far they've been doing a helluva job, and I'm inclined to let them keep on keeping on.

p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:08:18 AM

I just explained to you the reasons that your argument, especially at this point in time are null. If you have been in crypto since 2014 then you would agree it is a different atmosphere. A project (especially in it's infancy) protecting it's innovation isn't a bad thing or a kiss of death. Think of it this way, if you didn't think this was game changing, then you wouldn't be upset.

Give me some example where projects having a great idea, making real efforts and with good developers (three characteristics from Dero), have end up "death" by the kiss of a "fork".
p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:11:50 AM

This is a valid point, but it stills begs the question: WHY do YOU need to see the source code NOW? Can you not wait a few weeks? If not, then why not? I'm an EE and have had my work stolen/copied, so I tend to take a dim view of people that demand to see the intellectual property of others for no damn good reason, and you have not presented even a half-baked reason, much less a damn good one, why YOU are entitled to it.

So chill out and let the DERO team do what they do. So far they've been doing a helluva job, and I'm inclined to let them keep on keeping on.

Looks like you'r not understanding what I'm saying... I don't want to see the source code, I want it to be free software.

I let Dero team work, fo course. But still I can talk about things which I don't see correct neither smart.
krypt0id

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:14:37 AM

Give me some example where projects having a great idea, making real efforts and with good developers (three characteristics from Dero), have end up "death" by the kiss of a "fork".

Name a project that is not even 6 months old and there is "outrage" that it is not free software.

If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to hold it or mine it. You can simply leave.

krypt0id

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:25:45 AM

Looks like you'r not understanding what I'm saying... I don't want to see the source code, I want it to be free software.

I let Dero team work, fo course. But still I can talk about things which I don't see correct neither smart.

Let's just make sure that I understand your main points.

1. It needs to be free software or it will die. (There are top 10 coins where that is not true)

2. You only want to develop on it (You will be able to, soon)

Your argument is unsound and it seems like you are justifying a motive that you are not willing to reveal. Please, tell me why you need the code as free software other than to fork. Also, please do not repeat yourself.

p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:05:11 AM

1. It needs to be free software or it will die. (There are top 10 coins where that is not true)

Your argument is unsound and it seems like you are justifying a motive that you are not willing to reveal. Please, tell me why you need the code as free software other than to fork. Also, please do not repeat yourself.

Sorry but you did not understand. I don't have any specific personal interest on it. and you don't want to understand it. Not everyone do things just for direct, personal profit.

It looks you don't understand how important is the free software, not just for this project but for blockchain ecosystem. Dero can be Dero thanks to the free software, it's that simple. They forked Monero and they are copying/translating it now (in GoLang). I don't think it's fair.

Anyway, If you don't see the benefit of what I'm saying, just ignore me. That's enough from my side.

Hope official team think about this topic.

EDIT
No, I won't until it's free. Same as I'm not developing on Microsoft nor Apple platforms.
CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:17:36 AM

Source code will be updated in github in coming days/weeks.
We were supposed to release alpha in first week of April and testing for another few weeks/month in April but attacks on CryptoNote chains forced to update earlier.
Many users/pools who were on Golang found themselves safe from attacks and others followed to new code. At the same time several bugs reports in alpha started flowing and also attacks too. So the job of testing/fixing which was supposed to be executed over month's time was reduced to 3 days period. We fixed bugs same day of reporting and in-parallel improved DERO's resilience and security to attacks.

Also soon company would be incorporated for the DERO project. More ann to follow and real developers will be more than excited to get associated with DERO and create an eco-system.

Anyone having problem with License pls visit later when you feel comfortable . License can be open-source anytime but not vice-versa.

We would be focusing more on core technology and lots to be done and never seen in blockchain technologies before. Also guys we are 4 months old now.

Thanks to all.
CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:19:23 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 02:10:44 AM by CaptDero

Adding on top:
Source code will be updated in github in coming days/weeks.
We were supposed to release alpha in first week of April and testing for another few weeks/month in April but attacks on CryptoNote chains forced to update earlier.
Many users/pools who were on Golang found themselves safe from attacks and others followed to new code. At the same time several bugs reports in alpha started flowing and also attacks too. So the job of testing/fixing which was supposed to be executed over month's time was reduced to 3 days period. We fixed bugs same day of reporting and in-parallel improved DERO's resilience and security to attacks.

Also soon company would be incorporated for the DERO project. More ann to follow and real developers will be more than excited to get associated with DERO and create an eco-system.

Anyone having problem with License pls visit later when you feel comfortable . License can be open-source anytime but not vice-versa.

We would be focusing more on core technology and lots to be done and never seen in blockchain technologies before. Also guys we are 4 months old now.

Thanks to all.

DERO: Privacy + Smart Contracts
Update March 31 2018
     DERO at present is code fork of Monero(Helium Hydra) with Bytecoin CryptoNote protocol.  Thanks Monero guys for their Helium Hydra.
Dero has written its own blockchain completely from scratch and we are on our blockchain now.  
DERO is completely new CryptoNote blockchain in Golang.
DERO is first blockchain to have complete SSL in P2P layer.
DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have 500 Transactions Per Seconds on its native blockchain without any lightning networks or validators or off-blockchain solutions.
DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains.

Download Pre-compiled binaries for MacOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD ,Linux, Windows, Solaris etc. from: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Before you scroll further, Read  DERO article : https://medium.com/@867cryptocurrency/dero-a-new-blockchain-technology-that-brings-cryptonote-privacy-together-with-smart-contracts-4cc4972c81f8

WHITEPAPER:  https://github.com/deroproject/documentation/blob/master/WhitePaper.md
FORUM : https://forum.dero.io/
EXPLORER : https://explorer.dero.io
EXPLORER : http://dero.live:8080/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/DeroProject
POOLS LIST: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-mining-pool-list/147
   Official Pool: http://pool.dero.live/

Exchanges & Stats:
https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
https://www.southxchange.com/Balance/Index/DERO
https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/

How to join DERO Network in 2 mins?
Choose your OS and arch(32/64 bit) from MacOS,FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Raspberry Pi or any arm device etc. and download pre-compiled binaries from http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/
Start derod* and wait for sync around 20-60 mins depending on Network and CPU speed.
In Parallel start dero-wallet* and using menu create DERO address and save your seed.
Use exchange or join any pool for mining.

How to shift on new DERO blockchain:
  Choose your OS and arch(32/64 bit) from MacOS,FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris,Raspberry Pi or any arm device etc. and download pre-compiled binaries from http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/
Start derod* and wait for sync around 20-60 mins depending on Network and CPU speed.
Parallely start dero-wallet* and using menu re-create DERO wallet using old wallet seed.

WHY DERO AND WHY SMART CONTRACTS NEED PRIVACY ?
In very simple and few words:
Assume you design a smart contract and integrate to access/authorize a building/open a door or any other service like asset-management/tickets/shares distribution based on smart contract.
Many would not like like to share/view details of all other users/customers who used/participated/access that contract/service.
I hope you too would like transparency in contract details but would not like to share/disclose your details to rest of the world.
On DERO blockchain smart contracts details are transparent on blockchain but not user details.

Slack https://join.slack.com/t/deroproject/shared_invite/enQtMzAwMDc5MDY4NDUzLTAzOWNjYWZmNDgxZTk1YjNiNWFiYjg1OWNiMmQ2MmUxOWRmNjNjOWM3ODAzMzE3M2RhNzBhZjUyZGQxYjQxY2U
krypt0id

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:29:01 AM

edit: look above, CaptDero just confirmed one of my points. You can move from closed source to open but you cannot go from open to closed source. The license is in place for a reason and could change in the future.

Sorry but you did not understand. I don't have any specific personal interest on it. and you don't want to understand it. Not everyone do things just for direct, personal profit.

It looks you don't understand how important is the free software, not just for this project but for blockchain ecosystem. Dero can be Dero thanks to the free software, it's that simple. They forked Monero and they are copying/translating it now (in GoLang). I don't think it's fair.

Anyway, If you don't see the benefit of what I'm saying, just ignore me. That's enough from my side.

Hope official team think about this topic.

EDIT
No, I won't until it's free. Same as I'm not developing on Microsoft nor Apple platforms.

I'm done with this conversation... free software doesn't equal linux compatibility. It is obvious you have problems with things that you don't even understand.

tataran1919

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:43:18 AM

2014 ,,,
Monero group ?
Why talk about source code secretly at this timing?
CaptDero (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:44:27 AM

When re-creating wallet from seed in other languages make sure you don't miss any special dots/symbols etc. during copy/paste.
Most of the time problems generally doesn't happen in Linux terminals and in windows you may require that language pack.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: