Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:53:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:54:25 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 05:24:53 PM by cpmcgrat

We respect your views, we have no problem in using any algo.
We are ready to upgrade but it would be great if we can increase network security and decrease impact on environment. There is nothing wrong in discussion.

Members pls submit your inputs:
Problem statement: Creating robust, secure, energy efficient and decentralized blockchain network.

For full thread pls see:
https://forum.dero.io/t/creating-robust-secure-energy-efficient-and-decentralized-blockchain-network/405/2

Pls consider following points before:

ASIC,FPGA,GPU,CPU mining pros/cons
Asics are more enerzy efficient.
GPU are for gamers and inefficient.
Asics brings centralization.
Asics are not available to everyone.
General available low costs asics in market, if any.
Can any algo/FPGA design help to solve the issue.
Is there any other design which can bring good solution.
Is forking every six months to combat asics feasible/good/bad.
What about hidden asics/technologies not open in market ?
Are hidden/undisclosed asics better for network than open/available asics/technology.

We are looking for future and would like to address this issue since beginning.
We are dedicated to the project and ready to invest time and resources to create one of the best blockchain technologies.
Looking back at the problem from 3-4 years in future.
Pls submit your views.

Its not technological problem alone as several users like @Magicsmoker commented.

Note: You need not register on forum and can reply here.

The asics coming to market is DERO's chance to absolutely steal the spotlight from all the other anon coins. Sure everyone has forked/cloned cryptoknight and tweaked it to make cryptoknight heavy/ cryptoknight lite, but I don't see many people actually innovating in a way that keeps the asics at bay once and for all.

Dero should make a algorithm that randomly generates a new algorithm each block. It sounds crazy but I have faith in the Captain's abillity to code. He was able to re-write an entire protocol in a new language in 3 months. This guy is an expert in cryptography and algorithms so creating something totally unique isn't a question of can, its a question of will or won't.

Also this algorithm shouldn't be unnecessarily fancy, it should just be an algorithm that can keep the asics at bay FOREVER. Designing this kind of algorithm will cause massive interest in dero because of the technical feat that it was to create. Most crypto dev teams aren't skilled enough to create something like this so it will really make dero shine in comparison to its competition. Then when the virtual machine is dropped on top of a network with its own super unique algorithm that has utility, everyone will sing dero's praise from the bears on the mountain top to the bees in the valley.

Will put this on the table in front of whole team for discussion.

I love the idea, but don’t get distracted. This would be quite the undertaking and could detract from the original roadmap

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acryptodealer

Activity: 52
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:21:50 AM

The idea isn't to build something that is fancier than it needs to be. But the idea is to innovate and keep pesky asics off the network in a way that shows everyone the dero team's technical ability. If making a new algo for each block is unreasonable/crazy then the team doesn't need to spend months banging their head up against the wall trying something they cant make happen. But if we can differentiate dero, before smart contracts are launched, from other cryptonote coins that says a lot about the Captains ability to make new tech. He has already proved he has insane ability. Re-writing a protocol in a new language from scratch is not easy. But if he can make a new protocol before smart contracts, at that point I would need to sell the farm to go all-in.

PS:
anyone who thinks this isn't that big of a feat, go back to the monero hydra we forked from originally and try to understand the code. Dependencies on dependencies on dependencies, you have to understand blockchain, cryptography, bitwise operators, cryptonote public/private key schemes which are very complex. This guy re-wrote everything in a short amount of time, he can make computers do crazy things. He can also make a blockchain however he damn pleases
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:16:35 AM

Dero should make a algorithm that randomly generates a new algorithm each block. It sounds crazy but I have faith in the Captain's abillity to code. He was able to re-write an entire protocol in a new language in 3 months. This guy is an expert in cryptography and algorithms so creating something totally unique isn't a question of can, its a question of will or won't.

Interesting idea that sounds somewhat like what RavenCoin and PigeonCoin do. They use 1 of 16 well known/established PoW algorithms on each block, with the algo chosen randomly for RVN (X16r) or shuffled for PGN (X16s). While this approach can theoretically be ASICed just like any other, it would require a massive undertaking to implement all 16 algos on one chip and therefore makes it supremely uneconomical.

Note, however, that one of the things I like about mining CryptoNight is it uses much less energy than, say, Ethash or Neoscrypt (to name 2 algos that do well on AMD cards). Conversely, one of the things I don't like about CN is that it sucks on Nvidia cards (a $1000 GTX 1080 can barely exceed a $150 RX 560).

While I do agree that DERO would be seen as a trailblazer for coming up with a truly ASIC-proof algo, I also agree with @cpmcgrat that this would be a major distraction versus pursuing smart/private contracts. Also it would invalidate all the work that CaptDero just did on rewriting DERO in golang, and I rather suspect that would be difficult for him to toss out. Hence I still think that either going with CryptoNight Heavy or following Monero's lead are the least-risky courses to choose from.

StonerStanley

Activity: 536
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:36:23 PM

Please devs, tell to the exchangers to update the wallet...
MATTX

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:14:56 PM

The idea isn't to build something that is fancier than it needs to be. But the idea is to innovate and keep pesky asics off the network in a way that shows everyone the dero team's technical ability. If making a new algo for each block is unreasonable/crazy then the team doesn't need to spend months banging their head up against the wall trying something they cant make happen. But if we can differentiate dero, before smart contracts are launched, from other cryptonote coins that says a lot about the Captains ability to make new tech. He has already proved he has insane ability. Re-writing a protocol in a new language from scratch is not easy. But if he can make a new protocol before smart contracts, at that point I would need to sell the farm to go all-in.

PS:
anyone who thinks this isn't that big of a feat, go back to the monero hydra we forked from originally and try to understand the code. Dependencies on dependencies on dependencies, you have to understand blockchain, cryptography, bitwise operators, cryptonote public/private key schemes which are very complex. This guy re-wrote everything in a short amount of time, he can make computers do crazy things. He can also make a blockchain however he damn pleases

I can bet many feel the same like you and captain is awesome. His team blockchain and cryptographic skills are amazing. He may be next blockchain expert with complete understanding on subject matter. I believe someone discussed captain has worked on cryptographic projects in mid 2000s.  We are accepting and acknowledging  their expertise. But like many other I would like to see smart contract on cryptonote protocol. Smart contracts will be real breakthrough not any asic resist pow change.

While I do agree that DERO would be seen as a trailblazer for coming up with a truly ASIC-proof algo, I also agree with @cpmcgrat that this would be a major distraction versus pursuing smart/private contracts. Also it would invalidate all the work that CaptDero just did on rewriting DERO in golang, and I rather suspect that would be difficult for him to toss out. Hence I still think that either going with CryptoNight Heavy or following Monero's lead are the least-risky courses to choose from.

I am dero supporter from first and want to see smart contracts first. No time waste on POW just do some asic resistance now.

DERO: CryptoNote Privacy + Smart Contracts   (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508)
SandyFish

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

New pool:0.1% free

http://dero.easyhash.pro/

Happy mining
StonerStanley

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:33:50 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 06:04:56 PM by StonerStanley

Honestly, the price is fully manipulated and the devs ask to the platforms trading to disable the wallet. What is that ? i'm very disappointed.

Stop pump your own coin by asking to the platforms to disable the deposit and withdrawal to avoid the dump/force us to buy in the buy-wall... Because it's exactly what i'm thinking. And at the same time devs keep posting the same message at the top of each pages... Guys, stop playing like this. Obvious pump. Don't play like that with me or i go switch to intense.

Thanks.

(i can't believe that the wallet is under update since one week on both platforms, don't try to make me believe this and give a real explanation)

I support Dero, but hey, it's too much right now. Ask to the platforms to turn on the wallet.
acryptodealer

Activity: 52
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:22:33 PM

PS:

I can bet many feel the same like you and captain is awesome. His team blockchain and cryptographic skills are amazing. He may be next blockchain expert with complete understanding on subject matter. I believe someone discussed captain has worked on cryptographic projects in mid 2000s.  We are accepting and acknowledging  their expertise. But like many other I would like to see smart contract on cryptonote protocol. Smart contracts will be real breakthrough not any asic resist pow change.

I am dero supporter from first and want to see smart contracts first. No time waste on POW just do some asic resistance now.

I agree with this message and this has made me change my mind. While asic resistance is cool, it will not grow Dero in the way that smart contracts that are anonymous will. I think staying on the current version of the protocol is fine because asics will keep the network secured. Devote development time to creating the virtual machine on top of the blockchain. That will create much more demand for this coin than any new flashy algo because the virtual machine is Dero's utility.
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:41:40 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 06:53:23 PM by --Serena--

Honestly, the price is fully manipulated and the devs ask to the platforms trading to disable the wallet. What is that ? i'm very disappointed.

Stop pump your own coin by asking to the platforms to disable the deposit and withdrawal to avoid the dump/force us to buy in the buy-wall... Because it's exactly what i'm thinking. And at the same time devs keep posting the same message at the top of each pages... Guys, stop playing like this. Obvious pump. Don't play like that with me or i go switch to intense.

Thanks.

(i can't believe that the wallet is under update since one week on both platforms, don't try to make me believe this and give a real explanation)

I support Dero, but hey, it's too much right now. Ask to the platforms to turn on the wallet.

I asked the exchanges to disable Dero because there is a large vulnerability in the C++ daemon and it's better to have the network not be vulnerable to those attacks. Adding ASIC resistance would not have closed this vulnerability we found in the C++ daemon, it just changes where the hashing power was coming from.

The reason for the delay is because the final portions of the functionality the exchanges require had to be coded/finished. If this was some copy/paste project they would already have what they need.

If you go monitor the volume you will see there is no pump going on here and that should be extremely obvious.
danktron

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

Thanks.

I asked the exchanges to disable Dero because there is a large vulnerability in the C++ daemon and it's better to have the network not be vulnerable to those attacks. Adding ASIC resistance would not have closed this vulnerability we found in the C++ daemon, it just changes where the hashing power was coming from.

The reason for the delay is because the final portions of the functionality the exchanges require had to be coded/finished. If this was some copy/paste project they would already have what they need.

If you go monitor the volume you will see there is no pump going on here and that should be extremely obvious.

And by all means, please switch to Intense.
danktron

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

PS:

I agree with this message and this has made me change my mind. While asic resistance is cool, it will not grow Dero in the way that smart contracts that are anonymous will. I think staying on the current version of the protocol is fine because asics will keep the network secured. Devote development time to creating the virtual machine on top of the blockchain. That will create much more demand for this coin than any new flashy algo because the virtual machine is Dero's utility.

Captain already stated in Slack that he has an algo generator with the ability to generate hundreds of ASIC resistant algos per second.  I would not worry much about ASICs.
danktron

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

Go cry to your mother the fat prostit*te, little fat kid without any skill in any domain.

Cool

haha took you 5 edits to get that masterpiece out? 
StonerStanley

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:37:00 PM

Go cry to your mother the fat prostit*te, little fat kid without any skill in any domain.

Cool

haha took you 5 edits to get that masterpiece out?  

haha, it hurted you so much that you have to reply and quote me  Cheesy

touché
--Serena--

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:39:42 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 02:26:08 AM by --Serena--

Please stop the personal attacks everyone!
--Serena--

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:42:42 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 02:25:10 AM by --Serena--

DERO: Privacy + Smart Contracts
Dero has written its own blockchain completely from scratch and we are on our blockchain now.  
DERO is completely new CryptoNote blockchain in Golang.
DERO is first blockchain to have complete SSL in P2P layer.
DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have 500 Transactions Per Seconds on its native blockchain without any lightning networks or validators or off-blockchain solutions.
DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains.

Download Pre-compiled binaries for MacOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD ,Linux, Windows, Solaris etc. from: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Before you scroll further, Read  DERO article : https://medium.com/@867cryptocurrency/dero-a-new-blockchain-technology-that-brings-cryptonote-privacy-together-with-smart-contracts-4cc4972c81f8

WHITEPAPER:  https://github.com/deroproject/documentation/blob/master/WhitePaper.md
FORUM : https://forum.dero.io/
EXPLORER : https://explorer.dero.io
EXPLORER : http://dero.live:8080/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/DeroProject
POOLS LIST: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-mining-pool-list/147
   Official Pool: http://pool.dero.live/

Exchanges & Stats:
https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
https://www.southxchange.com/Balance/Index/DERO
https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/

How to join DERO Network in 2 mins?
Choose your OS and arch(32/64 bit) from MacOS,FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Raspberry Pi or any arm device etc. and download pre-compiled binaries from http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/
Start derod* and wait for sync around 20-60 mins depending on Network and CPU speed.
In Parallel start dero-wallet* and using menu create DERO address and save your seed.
Use exchange or join any pool for mining.

How to shift on new DERO blockchain:
  Choose your OS and arch(32/64 bit) from MacOS,FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux, Windows, Solaris,Raspberry Pi or any arm device etc. and download pre-compiled binaries from http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/
Start derod* and wait for sync around 20-60 mins depending on Network and CPU speed.
Parallely start dero-wallet* and using menu re-create DERO wallet using old wallet seed.

WHY DERO AND WHY SMART CONTRACTS NEED PRIVACY ?
In very simple and few words:
Assume you design a smart contract and integrate to access/authorize a building/open a door or any other service like asset-management/tickets/shares distribution based on smart contract.
Many would not like like to share/view details of all other users/customers who used/participated/access that contract/service.
I hope you too would like transparency in contract details but would not like to share/disclose your details to rest of the world.
On DERO blockchain smart contracts details are transparent on blockchain but not user details.

Slack: https://join.slack.com/t/deroproject/shared_invite/enQtMzAwMDc5MDY4NDUzLTAzOWNjYWZmNDgxZTk1YjNiNWFiYjg1OWNiMmQ2MmUxOWRmNjNjOWM3ODAzMzE3M2RhNzBhZjUyZGQxYjQxY2U

New wallet in action.
The new wallet is menu based so there is no need for commands

StonerStanley

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:54:28 PM

Ok then if that is true sorry. But don't say the price isn't pumped lol look at that (and i can show more)

If you check the volume from the last week while the exchanges have been offline it's been very small except for one large purchase. I won't deny that people do silly stuff on some exchanges (see your pic) but as far as an actual "pump" goes, no, there's nothing going on there from our end.

One decent sale would wipe out the buy orders. I don't want to speculate but we do have  people who have been asking about when they can deposit/sell since they mine for regular income

Yes i'm in contact with some people already.

The fact that the wallet is offline on the exchangers since one week was strange for me, and at the same time the price is pumped by someone (it's 100% sure !! ) each time i put a buy order the pumper force me to buy directly in the sell orders. And there were problem with the number of Dero that we could withdraw on stocks.exchange, in the past, just before the pump an the offline wallet. A lot of strange fact for me but anyway it's ok.

Sorry.
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:59:26 PM

Ok then if that is true sorry. But don't say the price isn't pumped lol look at that (and i can show more)

If you check the volume from the last week while the exchanges have been offline it's been very small except for one large purchase. I won't deny that people do silly stuff on some exchanges (see your pic) but as far as an actual "pump" goes, no, there's nothing going on there from our end.

One decent sale would wipe out the buy orders. I don't want to speculate but we do have  people who have been asking about when they can deposit/sell since they mine for regular income

Yes i'm in contact with some people already.

The fact that the wallet is offline on the exchangers since one week was strange for me, and at the same time the price is pumped by someone (it's 100% sure !! ) each time i put a buy order the pumper force me to buy directly in the sell orders. And there were problem with the number of Dero that we could withdraw on stocks.exchange, in the past, just before the pump an the offline wallet. A lot of strange fact for me but anyway it's ok.

Sorry.

The issue with withdrawal limits on stocks had to do with their RPC being unable to handle splitting transactions properly. That is also being fixed in the Golang version from my understanding. These facts aren't strange if you review the history behind the "problems".

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
NDS17

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:25:37 AM

Meanwhile wallets are still "offline" on exchanges...
It has moved into the second week with no end in sight... Huh
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:54:17 AM

Meanwhile wallets are still "offline" on exchanges...
It has moved into the second week with no end in sight... Huh

No end in sight? Really? The entire blockchain was moved from C++ to Golang, things take time. It was also moved from C++ to Golang in a hurry to protect the integrity of the network. I know this is crypto but seriously, be patient. You'll be able to sell in a few days, I'm sure. I don't think it's the smartest thing you could do but hey, what do I know? I'm a bear. I like to eat the heads off fish.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
valgandar

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:13:08 AM

How can people be so impatient?
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: