Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:15:52 PM

If you pay attention to the network of sidechains being created on xyz
Dero is a layer 1 solution and a platform, not a layer 2 solution on another's platform

CapDero wrote a blockchain from the ground up... but that is not what really happened.
A quote from our lead developer "Every part of the DERO blockchain from P2P protocol, Consensus protocol, POW, Forking, Security, Scalability, Wallets is being re-designed to meet DERO vision." So, everything was written from the ground up, and many things were fixed, adjusted, changed, and so on

They forked off monero and translated it to Golang changing a few things.
Essentially everything was changed (already), and in the not so distant future perhaps we can literally say "100% of everything"

If you have any questions about what Dero is, please don't hesitate to reach out and contact me. I think there may have been a misunderstanding in a few particular areas like the layer 1 vs side-chain comment. Let me know if I can be of any help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krypt0id

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:20:01 PM

It's called conflict of interest my good sir. Trust me, they didn't mine monero for a year then release the asics. I mined monero for over a year, the network behavior was normal until February. So its hard to believe.

Do you really believe Bitmain are angels and tell the public about their ASICs immediatly and sell them?

Dero has been secure for over a month and handing over the hashing power to asics makes the network more vulnerable because they have ALL the hashing power right now. Doesn't seem all that secure.

Dero has had extreme high hashrate attacks because of this, much higher then other coins. But in contrast to other coins it withstood the attacks. I believe the experience with these ASICs on the network will enable the Devs to create the most secure blockchain ever.

Why would bitmain reveal that they had been running these asics for a year? Why did the monero network behave normal? The mapping of the network was distributed which makes me wonder how bitmain managed that for a year. No leaks either huh. Maybe they just said they used them for a year because they wanted to reassure anyone willing to buy their product.

Centralize a coin to have the most secure blockchain, turn your back on your base and network supporters... but preach decentralization with a 10% premine. That makes sense. Most projects don't have to do that though which is weird. Asic miners are going to mine Dero until Atlantis, then dump it. Dero is getting smart contracts until Q3 and won't have partnerships until Q4... who is going to pay attention to this coin? Also, they have to go against Wanchain and another gem currently being built. Clean projects with serious backers and dedicated early investors. If you pay attention to the network of sidechains being created on ethereum... the ecosystem that will be accomplished before Dero even seeks out partners or finishes their code for smart contracts... They have 3 developers holding 10% premine. Three developers! THREE. You can say... yea and CapDero wrote a blockchain from the ground up... but that is not what really happened. They forked off monero and translated it to Golang changing a few things. That is the same thing as having a beautiful blueprint and translating it and adding a few things... If this project picks up again, it's going to be a long long time before it picks up. At the rate crypto moves, Dero is far behind. Without it's early supporters to promote it Dero is good as dead, most of us dumped the coin when it hit 3.5 USD, its only a matter of time before it goes back to 30 cents. This is what drives the market, if you think its something else, good luck in the crypto  world.

Didn't you say that you already sold all of your dero and moved on? You're doing a whole lot of hanging around for somebody that has moved on. Also, for someone that has been around since "day one" you don't seem familiar. If you have no dog in the fight, then you have no reason to be here trying to make others second guess the project.

So, I'll just go ahead and say it. You are trolling and spreading FUD. I will not respond to anything else you say so, don't waste your time if you are looking for a rise out of me. You obviously have a motive that you are not being transparent about.

DERO - Secure. Private. Smart Contracts.
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:40:29 PM

I like the simple Cli wallet, gives me a feel of being more in control. I will take that over the new Monero GUI anyday.

Good grief.  Guess you aren't aware that Monero has a CLI wallet also.
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:41:31 PM

You know decent projects have GUI wallets right away. Most developers are able to make them in a couple days. I never understood why Dero wanted to wait until Q2. Six months after starting the project. Maybe they are making a wallet that will blow our minds, maybe they wanted to wait until Atlantis, but who knows. Six months is a long time.

Have you tried the command line wallet for Dero?  It is a big improvement on the regular CN CLI wallets.  Significantly more user-friendly, with a menu system, and useful functions (such as transferring entire wallet balance with automatic fee calculation instead of endless fiddling with the amount).

Isn't that what the sweep all command is for?
krypt0id

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:09:35 AM

I like the simple Cli wallet, gives me a feel of being more in control. I will take that over the new Monero GUI anyday.

He said "NEW" and GUI, so I imagine he does know that.

krypt0id

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:10:14 AM

You know decent projects have GUI wallets right away. Most developers are able to make them in a couple days. I never understood why Dero wanted to wait until Q2. Six months after starting the project. Maybe they are making a wallet that will blow our minds, maybe they wanted to wait until Atlantis, but who knows. Six months is a long time.

Have you tried the command line wallet for Dero?  It is a big improvement on the regular CN CLI wallets.  Significantly more user-friendly, with a menu system, and useful functions (such as transferring entire wallet balance with automatic fee calculation instead of endless fiddling with the amount).

Why yes, it is. Good catch. What would we do without you?

--Serena--

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:52:36 AM

Perhaps this helps illustrate why we need to reduce as many barriers as possible by simplifying the user experience while maintaining all of the functionality.
minkhu

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:03:33 AM

Hello Dero community! Seem like Dero has more and more strong debate cause it has gained more and more attention. I have couple of precious Deros so it's fun to see where it's going. Don't be stressful, let's be chill and take a look at the price prediction of Deros: http://www.coinliker.com/forecast/dero-4M4V-prediction

Watching the site's prediction is just for fun, their Forecast algorithm applied to some coins is somewhat nonsense  Grin, but strangely I my self don't think it's unreasonable for Dero to reach those prices. Keep up the good work Devs!
Edwinc08

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:20:18 AM

It's called conflict of interest my good sir. Trust me, they didn't mine monero for a year then release the asics. I mined monero for over a year, the network behavior was normal until February. So its hard to believe.

Do you really believe Bitmain are angels and tell the public about their ASICs immediatly and sell them?

Dero has been secure for over a month and handing over the hashing power to asics makes the network more vulnerable because they have ALL the hashing power right now. Doesn't seem all that secure.

Dero has had extreme high hashrate attacks because of this, much higher then other coins. But in contrast to other coins it withstood the attacks. I believe the experience with these ASICs on the network will enable the Devs to create the most secure blockchain ever.

Why would bitmain reveal that they had been running these asics for a year? Why did the monero network behave normal? The mapping of the network was distributed which makes me wonder how bitmain managed that for a year. No leaks either huh. Maybe they just said they used them for a year because they wanted to reassure anyone willing to buy their product.

Centralize a coin to have the most secure blockchain, turn your back on your base and network supporters... but preach decentralization with a 10% premine. That makes sense. Most projects don't have to do that though which is weird. Asic miners are going to mine Dero until Atlantis, then dump it. Dero is getting smart contracts until Q3 and won't have partnerships until Q4... who is going to pay attention to this coin? Also, they have to go against Wanchain and another gem currently being built. Clean projects with serious backers and dedicated early investors. If you pay attention to the network of sidechains being created on ethereum... the ecosystem that will be accomplished before Dero even seeks out partners or finishes their code for smart contracts... They have 3 developers holding 10% premine. Three developers! THREE. You can say... yea and CapDero wrote a blockchain from the ground up... but that is not what really happened. They forked off monero and translated it to Golang changing a few things. That is the same thing as having a beautiful blueprint and translating it and adding a few things... If this project picks up again, it's going to be a long long time before it picks up. At the rate crypto moves, Dero is far behind. Without it's early supporters to promote it Dero is good as dead, most of us dumped the coin when it hit 3.5 USD, its only a matter of time before it goes back to 30 cents. This is what drives the market, if you think its something else, good luck in the crypto  world.

Didn't you say that you already sold all of your dero and moved on? You're doing a whole lot of hanging around for somebody that has moved on. Also, for someone that has been around since "day one" you don't seem familiar. If you have no dog in the fight, then you have no reason to be here trying to make others second guess the project.

So, I'll just go ahead and say it. You are trolling and spreading FUD. I will not respond to anything else you say so, don't waste your time if you are looking for a rise out of me. You obviously have a motive that you are not being transparent about.

Just educating you, no fud just the go around of crypto. You don't have to believe everything I wrote before. Just do a TA on Dero and compare it to the behavior of coins that are dead or dying. If you don't know how, just ask any TA expert or ask Ian Balina Smiley they will reaffirm. You are right though, I shouldn't even care or be around this project anymore so bye bye. Good luck.

FYI the forecast link posted by another member is used to pump and dump coins. Use TA(Technical Analysis) instead, be smart.
--Serena--

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:36:51 AM

How to start using Dero                Downloads                Whitepaper                Support      

About DERO  

The Dero Project has written a unique new blockchain technology that is based on the CryptoNote protocol. Dero's goal is to create a unique state of the art blockchain technology with enhanced reliability, privacy, security, usability, and portability by bringing together some of the best proven technologies like the CryptoNote protocol and smart contracts, thereby allowing for the creation of truly private smart contracts.

The Dero development team has implemented complete SSL across the Dero network which is a first on any blockchain. This encrypts the entirety of our network traffic, which greatly reduces our attack surface, while simultaneously preventing ISPs or other users from analyzing Dero’s network traffic.

Dero's Key Features  

• DERO is a completely new and unique CryptoNote blockchain written in Golang
  • DERO is the first blockchain to have complete SSL in the P2P layer
  • DERO will be the first CryptoNote blockchain to have 500 transactions per second on its native blockchain without any lightning networks, validators or off-blockchain solutions
  • DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains
  • CryptoNote privacy
  • Smart contracts
  • Atomic swaps
  • Mobile and offline wallets
  • Lightweight wallets
  • Subaddresses
  • Escrow services on the blockchain
  • Address signing and certifying
  • Voting on a private blockchain

About The Developers  

There are three developers working on the Dero Project who have been working in the field of cryptography and blockchain development as a team for more than a decade. Dero's research and development team are devoted full time to the project, and can often be found in our Slack channel. For now, the development team are choosing to retain their privacy until the Dero Project incorporates.

Coin Specifications  

• Proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm: CryptoNight
  • Max supply: 18.4 million for the first 8 years followed by an infinite emission rate after year 8 of ~157,000 DERO/year
  • Block reward: Smoothly varying
  • Block time: 120 seconds
  • Difficulty: Retargets at every block
  • Ticker: DERO

Dero's Roadmap  

• Q1/2018 - Dero's new unique blockchain written and full Activation. - Completed ahead of schedule with the extra addition of complete SSL across Dero's network
  • Q2/2018 - Record CryptoNote TX/sec, GUI wallets, sub addresses, atomic swaps, and smart contract testing.
  • Q3/2018 - Smart contract support on chain. Q3 2018.
  • Q4/2018 - Strategic market expansion, team growth, and more (coming soon).

Dero Related Links  

Resource Links  

FORUM: https://forum.dero.io/
EXPLORER: https://explorer.dero.io
OFFICIAL POOL: http://pool.dero.live/
BINARIES: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Exchanges & Stats:

EXCHANGE: https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
EXCHANGE: https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-DERO
EXCHANGE: https://www.southxchange.com/Balance/Index/DERO
Stats: https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/
Stats: https://www.difficultychart.com/dero
Stats: https://www.cryptunit.com/coin/DERO

Articles and Media Content  

Dero: A new blockchain technology that brings CryptoNote privacy together with smart contracts.

Shifting from alpha to beta: CryptoNote with smart contracts

Support
bineva17

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:11:03 AM

most of us dumped the coin when it hit 3.5 USD, its only a matter of time before it goes back to 30 cents.

I don't want to feed this, just wanna add that I don't believe it's true. I'm one of those mates who have been collecting Dero non stop since it was $0.3 and just "dumped" few coins at 29k and 39k sat as I remembered, then bought all those few coins back. Honestly I'll feel bad if it goes back to 30 cents but I do not think it ever will, or I will have a very very little chance to buy much more (if nothing worse happens to the team and the fundamental).

I had a look at Slack today and oh well, an ocean mother tons of text. Took me an hour to read and understand cause it was mostly technical (I'm just a humble unexperienced investar). I'm a bit worry for Serena, since Dero appeared to the outside world, her work becomes heavier than ever. With all my respect, she and our three Dero devs must be monsters to do all those things when available 20-24/7.

Guys and girl, keep up the good work but don't forget to take care for your selves.
vivuta120

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:31:46 AM

I'm going to get a trivia bot going in a Dero discord channel soon for fun. I am also going to periodically give away a little bit of Dero (nothing crazy, like $1 worth per round) some rounds
--Serena--

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:34:21 AM

I'm going to get a trivia bot going in a Dero discord channel soon for fun. I am also going to periodically give away a little bit of Dero (nothing crazy, like $1 worth per round) some rounds

Why are you quoting what I said in Slack?
CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:10:23 AM

He said "NEW" and GUI, so I imagine he does know that.

Yeah the "simple cli wallet" is found in many coins and the Monero GUI is an example of how to not make a GUI wallet in 2018. But it seems that some people come here to FUD and are overly sensitive when Monero is mentioned, strange...
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:44:21 AM

This is an innovative coin. I like where this is going.  Accumulate and hold.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:04:45 AM

Why are you quoting what I said in Slack?

It's plagiarism, and should be reported to the mods. I did so and even found the original post you made here from which this bot/idiot copied.

Razkor999

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:03:53 PM

Any new larger exchanges on the horizon?

Stocks is heavily manipulated,

Maybe its me but I've noticed a lot of 51 / 102 dero buy and sells day in day out to keep the price low it's uncanny.

krypt0id

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:39:42 PM

Any new larger exchanges on the horizon?

Stocks is heavily manipulated,

Maybe its me but I've noticed a lot of 51 / 102 dero buy and sells day in day out to keep the price low it's uncanny.

No coincidence that there have been large buys happening at the same time as all of the FUD, at least to me. Those spikes are huge.

Mr. Art

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:43:23 PM

today this coins is in the list of biggest gainers on coinmarketcap
what going on ? is there any important news or something about DERO
thank you

CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:05:42 PM

today this coins is in the list of biggest gainers on coinmarketcap
what going on ? is there any important news or something about DERO
thank you

No current news, but it spreads in different discords that there will be big news for Dero
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: