Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
maxior

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 12:46:28 PM

This is an update from the Dero Project team dated June.24/2018.
At this time we’ve decided that the best thing for a strong and secure network is to retain our current proof-of-work algorithm (CryptoNight).
Grin Grin Grin
They cheated us during 3 months !

________________$$$$
 ______________$$____$$
 ______________$$____$$
 ______________$$____$$
 ______________$$____$$
 ______________$$____$$
 __________$$$$$$____$$$$$$
 ________$$____$$____$$____$$$$
 ________$$____$$____$$____$$__$$
 $$$$$$__$$____$$____$$____$$____$$
 $$____$$$$________________$$____$$
 $$______$$______________________$$
 __$$____$$______________________$$
 ___$$$__$$______________________$$
 ____$$__________________________$$
 _____$$$________________________$$
 ______$$______________________$$$
 _______$$$____________________$$
 ________$$____________________$$
 _________$$$________________$$$
 __________$$________________$$
 __________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

100% Smiley I thought that would be the best coin ever,  DAMN LIARS !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pegos

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 04:01:34 PM

as I said here:
what is not in the Roadmap, are just crap on the forum .....
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

What a fail of a project.  Some of use were very clearly proven correct. 
b9ron

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:25:56 PM

What a fail of a project.  Some of use were very clearly proven correct.  

Well good bye, sir.

Go back to your old project that 200x times less scalable, and slow like a snail.

(If you couldn't figure out why they don't change the PoW, your are probably one of this investors who spends tons of Eth on ICOs without doing any research.)
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:39:04 PM

The Dero development team are going to readjust the block reward schedule to reduce the number of Dero going out to early ASIC miners until FPGA and other similar devices are more commonly available/cheaper

You lie to us again and again.

I quite this project, very very horrible decisions about the algo.

liars
XbladedThanos

Activity: 347
Merit: 1

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:46:38 PM

Since its cryptonote i think i will give it a shot and try see how it performs

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:48:19 PM

This is too bad to be true. I'm sure we all misunderstood. Surely they will use v7 and keep forking as needed, like any sane anti-ASIC project would do.
Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:08:08 PM

I'm sure we all misunderstood. Surely they will use v7 and keep forking as needed,
Grin Grin Grin Good joke !

The most dirty trick is that they confirmed many times, that with "Atlantis" they change the algo to be ASIC-resistant, after they asked the community to participate in new code testing, and immediately after the testing is finished, they announced that the coin will remain ASIC-oriented. So, dear community, we don't need you any more. Thanks for pushing the project and making it visible, we keep our 2000000 premined coins and we are comfortable with the future emission controlled by Chinese ASIC farms.

All this bla-bla "update from the Dero Project team dated June.24/2018" is a bullshit.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:25:18 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 09:11:29 PM by GhostPlayer

I'm sure we all misunderstood. Surely they will use v7 and keep forking as needed,
Grin Grin Grin Good joke !

The most dirty trick is that they confirmed many times, that with "Atlantis" they change the algo to be ASIC-resistant, after they asked the community to participate in new code testing, and immediately after the testing is finished, they announced that the coin will remain ASIC-oriented. So, dear community, we don't need you any more. Thanks for pushing the project and making it visible, we keep our 2000000 premined coins and we are comfortable with the future emission controlled by Chinese ASIC farms.

All this bla-bla "update from the Dero Project team dated June.24/2018" is a bullshit.

Didnt they mean they'd switch to an entirely different algo, but decided against it due to hidden mining - so sticking to cryptonight (v7?) to avoid ASICs in the long run?
shanepottermi

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

Muting me on telegram is just another sad action. I can see you following SUMOKOIN where I can smell significant partnership with companies like Bitmain.
True disappointment that you wasted half of year to rewrite the code and now you just dump it.

Don't feel bad buddy.. I was one of their biggest cheerleaders and they booted me from their discord for pointing out how poorly they're handling this situation.
daniel.roman

Activity: 130
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:39:18 PM

Sorry for the long message. I write this line with a lot of respect to everyone in this community:

Pick up everything took time. However, in my personal opinion what makes a community is people, and they should work as a team, and together get the project. Listen to them and argue with them, and even vote some decisions if you want to name as a community.

I know DERO is the idea of a group of people very technical ones, and this idea attract people of all kind, programmers, investors, crypto guys and other ones.
We put our money in this, and also out time, do not get me wrong I still believe in this, but the way the things gone public I do not think you as DEV take the best approach to tell this to the community on how things will be when Atlantis is online, only in my humble opinion, but one of my biggest lessons in life are if someone tell you something, perhaps he is wrong, if two or three say the same you should listen them, for they are seeing something perhaps you don´t see.
Perhaps a lot of us imagine or even speculate with a lot of thigs with the information discus in this forum and the other ones, but I think a real problem is the lack of a real project planning in the long way, and I can say it with capital letters, but only as a constructive recommendation. (As an example, I work in energy industry and we plan for 5 years, budgets over 4.000.000.000 USD per year, and we know every penny and resource time where will go and what will happen, so our investors, clients, and workers know what are we doing so they know what they will get), so perhaps as a recommendation, the team should give us the big picture of it. The real plan not just five lines in a web page, as a road map. Take it in the most constructive way please.

So we as buyers and supporters can make real financial decisions and not only emotional and speculative ones. In my case as many of you I have invested a lot of money in mining, and buying DERO, in fact I bought 5 CPU core i7 just to start this week the CPU mining of DERO and in my country you cannot return things, and the DEVS should
understand that we as investors what some answers, and we are not only asking, but demanding to the board this answers.
To me and I see in every comment since yesterday this community expect something base on what you as team said from the beginning about everything of DERO, I do not want to enter in details, but everyone here knows but we are talking about. Do not make put the points, for I write this lines with the only purpose of improve the project and make it better, but as everyone here I am also frustrated and afraid to lose more money on this.

So please take the necessary corrections to the project so THE DERO COMMUNITY continue the support, and please stop saying things like come back when you feel comfortable, cause a lot of people will not.

Have a great team, algo, coin, blockchain technology is not all in a project, the trust and being consequently with the planning it is, you should see this as a company and plan like one, and not as a project in the secrecy and disclose all the information NOW, not later.

You are having a crisis right now, go to Bitcointalk and see what people are posting, you require a real crisis management communication process to get out of this, release the code will not be enough, the entire community expect something and you as DEV team give other things regard what you have said, and that is the problem. Please do not try to explain to an investor the security approach you have explained it to us. They and we were expecting something else, and you have all the time to do it. Please I am not attacking no one I just what to explain why everyone is on a bad mood.

Remember when the night is darker the sunrise is better.
Please fell totally free to not answer this, I just want to say that what all the people have said here is a generalize idea among the community members. And I will not enter in more discussions on this. Take my comment in the most constructive way if that helps

A big hug to all
Mojo_LB

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 10:42:26 PM

Sorry for the long message. I write this line with a lot of respect to everyone in this community:

Pick up everything took time. However, in my personal opinion what makes a community is people, and they should work as a team, and together get the project. Listen to them and argue with them, and even vote some decisions if you want to name as a community.

I know DERO is the idea of a group of people very technical ones, and this idea attract people of all kind, programmers, investors, crypto guys and other ones.
We put our money in this, and also out time, do not get me wrong I still believe in this, but the way the things gone public I do not think you as DEV take the best approach to tell this to the community on how things will be when Atlantis is online, only in my humble opinion, but one of my biggest lessons in life are if someone tell you something, perhaps he is wrong, if two or three say the same you should listen them, for they are seeing something perhaps you don´t see.
Perhaps a lot of us imagine or even speculate with a lot of thigs with the information discus in this forum and the other ones, but I think a real problem is the lack of a real project planning in the long way, and I can say it with capital letters, but only as a constructive recommendation. (As an example, I work in energy industry and we plan for 5 years, budgets over 4.000.000.000 USD per year, and we know every penny and resource time where will go and what will happen, so our investors, clients, and workers know what are we doing so they know what they will get), so perhaps as a recommendation, the team should give us the big picture of it. The real plan not just five lines in a web page, as a road map. Take it in the most constructive way please.

So we as buyers and supporters can make real financial decisions and not only emotional and speculative ones. In my case as many of you I have invested a lot of money in mining, and buying DERO, in fact I bought 5 CPU core i7 just to start this week the CPU mining of DERO and in my country you cannot return things, and the DEVS should
understand that we as investors what some answers, and we are not only asking, but demanding to the board this answers.
To me and I see in every comment since yesterday this community expect something base on what you as team said from the beginning about everything of DERO, I do not want to enter in details, but everyone here knows but we are talking about. Do not make put the points, for I write this lines with the only purpose of improve the project and make it better, but as everyone here I am also frustrated and afraid to lose more money on this.

So please take the necessary corrections to the project so THE DERO COMMUNITY continue the support, and please stop saying things like come back when you feel comfortable, cause a lot of people will not.

Have a great team, algo, coin, blockchain technology is not all in a project, the trust and being consequently with the planning it is, you should see this as a company and plan like one, and not as a project in the secrecy and disclose all the information NOW, not later.

You are having a crisis right now, go to Bitcointalk and see what people are posting, you require a real crisis management communication process to get out of this, release the code will not be enough, the entire community expect something and you as DEV team give other things regard what you have said, and that is the problem. Please do not try to explain to an investor the security approach you have explained it to us. They and we were expecting something else, and you have all the time to do it. Please I am not attacking no one I just what to explain why everyone is on a bad mood.

Remember when the night is darker the sunrise is better.
Please fell totally free to not answer this, I just want to say that what all the people have said here is a generalize idea among the community members. And I will not enter in more discussions on this. Take my comment in the most constructive way if that helps

A big hug to all

Hi Daniel, thank you very much for your detailed and thoroughly thought constructive criticism, it means a lot to us that you took your time to write it down and express how you feel in such a civilized manner. We take every single word you wrote to heart.

If I may, I want to comment on some points you mentioned.
Regarding decision sharing procedure, we didn't have a final decision till the moment we announced, however I do agree with you that probably sharing our thought process mid way may have softened things up. We have all the respect to the community and we appreciate every bit of support everyone showed throughout our journey.

Regarding planning, I get what you are talking about. I don't want to give out information about myself earlier than I should  Smiley , but let's just say I know macro-management and planning. The thing is with Crypto, and specifically with how things has been progressing the past year, especially that it became much more profitable for bad actors than Satoshi Nakamoto Imagined in the Bitcoin Whitepaper, required that a lot of our plans be altered severely. Atlantis was planned for Q1 2019 but was moved to Q2 2018 for those specific reasons, first Security, then to support Smart Contracts (and other features) that would be workable in an adoptable matter in the scene that  recently exploded.  What I'm trying to say is, we have very good planning, but the rapidly changing nature of the crypto ecosystem is causing some stuff to be shifted around

Regarding financial decisions on your part, we have made it very clear that "nothing is set in stone until details are officially announced", I'm sorry you found yourself in this position, even before we decided on cryptonight algorithm, we told people that we will reach out to GPU mining software devs to make sure GPU miners for our new algo get out as soon as possible

Thank you again for taking your time to write down your constructive criticism, and we will keep every word from it in mind while making future decisions  Smiley
Dr.Lecter

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:18:57 AM

hello guys,
any news about mainnet, DAG swap?
Aris_Eng

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:34:16 AM

So, no DAG + Cryptonote, and certainly no anti-ASIC.

Phew, for a moment there I was actually worried that you amateurs might be the first to incorporate DAG + full anonymity, thankfully you proved me wrong.

All the best flipping burgers at McD....
Fidelmi

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:39:52 AM

As I understand correctly, this mainnet will be 3rd Dero blockchain?
I mined Dero in January and didn't use wallet since that time...
Should I do something special to migrate that very old wallet to new mainnet?
Maybe I should migrate it to current blockchain at first?
Abrustetha

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:19:23 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 10:09:02 AM by Abrustetha

@Mojo, Serena & Captain

odd how i was banned from Discord and Slack for viewing my opinions along with others that you strung along the community with the promise of anti-asic algo.

Whats worse, is that you did it when i went afk, even after we had an adult debate. There was no mud slinging etc, yet because i disagreed with the way you communicated with the community and the way you handled this i get banned?

Interesting. There are words for groups of people who cant take criticism backed by facts.

Whats even more frustrating is that I was one of the first people getting involved with the Dero Project. I stated time and time again how impressed i was with atlantis and the dev work being done.

Even when i criticised you for the way you decieved the community with the anti-asic stance, i still said i was impressed with atlantis and the dev work. and implored you to work on your communication.

what happens? i get banned for calling you out on the truth.

The discussion i was having with Mojo and some others in the slack group was fair, and at no point was anyone ridiculed. Even to the point where others were agreeing that communication was slack.

There was no new info regarding asics and their viability between the time you announced a move to anti-asic algo and the day you decided to stick with old cryptonight algo. Yet you use the asics as an excuse. Stay asic friendly it doesnt matter, what mattered is that you lied to the community about it, all the way up until release.

Trust is thrown around in the crypto space and very rarely earned. You damaged that trust with the community despite the delivery of what is a great achievement, no one is disputing that.

Its scary that you are willing to ban people because you dont like what you see in the mirror. speaks volumes for the character/mentality that exists on the team.

I truly hope we can discuss this properly, as opposed to banning people because they disagree.

I await your response and some justification (factual) as to why people like myself were banned from these channels.
--Serena--

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:37:55 AM

So, no DAG + Cryptonote

The DAG + cryptonote goes live on the mainnet before the end of the month guaranteed
Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:13:32 AM

The DAG + cryptonote goes live on the mainnet before the end of the month guaranteed
Is it the same guarantee as you guaranteed to switch the algo to anti-ASIC ?
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:25:58 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 11:19:17 AM by MagicSmoker

@Mojo, Serena & Captain

odd how i was banned from Discord and Slack for viewing my opinions along with others that you strung along the community with the promise of anti-asic algo.

When @cpmcgrat was banned a few weeks ago I sided with --Serena--, but after getting the 3rd degree from her and Mojo on Slack for I'm still not sure what, and then seeing @h0g0f0g0 was banned from Telegram, and, finally, actually witnessing the conversation that lead up to you being banned on Slack, well, I'm no longer taking the DERO teams side.

@CaptDero - you need to review the actions of Mojo and --Serena-- and then have a talk with them about proper community management. Yes, we should show your team members respect, but your team members better be damn sure we are attacking them and/or being abusive before banning us.

As for the decision to stick with the original CryptoNight algo for PoW, I understand the reasoning and though it took a few hours, I actually came to agree with it. What I don't agree with - and what many others seem to have a problem with, as well - is how we were very much mislead into believing Atlantis would use a new, ASIC-resistant algo, right up until the announcement that it wouldn't yesterday. Oh, sure, --Serena-- was quite cagey whenever she was asked about ASIC resistance these last few weeks, which might have been a clue there, but the way this decision appeared to occur so abruptly, and without any preface or explanation, has definitely angered many - just look at the collapse in DERO's price over the last 24 hours if you need any more of a hint. Yes, the Atlantis tech is very promising... but so was Betamax, to use one of history's most infamous examples of a superior tech getting shunted aside due to industry collaboration and marketing.

Abrustetha

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:01:07 PM

Thanks MagicSmoker

I'm pretty sure everyone who witnessed that conversation would agree i wasnt being disrespectful or rude.

strange world we live in hey!
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: