Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:41:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122924 times)
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:24:22 AM

I've been watching DERO since its inception and it's a project worthy of being taken seriously and earned by people! Why is there so little news lately about development? This bounty that started yesterday is to challenge great programmers, miners and developers? What will happen if the reward is not claimed? It will be a clear sign of DERO's strength.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:54:11 PM

Is it actually possible to mine this coin with a simple laptop? Even if it's not profittable, could it make sense if the price in future will shine? I really believe in this coin

Nah, it's not really practical to mine any coin with a laptop - even if it's a powerful gaming laptop like an Alienware or the like - because of a greatly limited ability to get rid of heat.

Furthermore, DERO uses the original CryptoNight algo for PoW which has been totally taken over by ASICs, so it isn't really practical to mine it with a powerful GPU rig, either.

Best to just buy it outright while the price is still cheap.

bineva17

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 12:54:32 AM

You ruin everything Capt. You had a great team and great community but you let your greediness lead you and Dero project to a disaster. Still so disapointed.
pegos

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 10:27:22 AM

They just promise that the premined coins are locked within a period.
They can do anything with the premined coins once the time limit expired, either sell them little by little or dump to the bottom.

Selling piece by piece is unrealistic in this quantity and this market.
For whoever is oriented on the stock market is it nonsense ....
 Smiley
I think lockout premine will be able to handle the implementation of smart contract, using a contract on drawing funds.
I think it would be the best way to calm the crowd
b9ron

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:21:14 PM

You ruin everything Capt. You had a great team and great community but you let your greediness lead you and Dero project to a disaster. Still so disapointed.

What are you talking about ? What disaster ?

Projects take times, look others coins they started 2-4 years ago.
godsort

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:19:40 PM

Zcash is going to be able to trade directly with USD under Bittrex, which is a good news for Cryptonote coins.

I believe a lot of people still follow this project. Right now this forum is not that active as before. Hopefully, we can see more news from the development team.

iakas

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:44:38 PM

The cryptocurrency are still in Bear Market. I believe that a larger volume trading will help in the growth of the dero.
notoriousjoshyb

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:41:40 AM

Morning,

I will be running a giveaway of 200 DERO. https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/c5fa6c892/? get sharing Smiley
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:58:56 AM

Transparent Dero  pool with 24/7 support

Features:
- Mining to exchange
- Workers
- Adjustable instant payout levels
- Email and telegram notifications
- SSL

Contacts:
telegram : https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ
discord : https://discord.gg/VQYuE8t
Dr.Lecter

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:50:52 AM

Hello, any solutions to sync wallet faster in HDD? Because, i heard that new wallet was created for SSD.
b9ron

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:03:22 AM
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

Hello, any solutions to sync wallet faster in HDD? Because, i heard that new wallet was created for SSD.

You can launch the derod with the flag "--badgerdb" or use the latest GUI wallet from github : https://github.com/deroproject/dero_gui_wallet/releases
Dr.Lecter

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:47:02 PM

You can launch the derod with the flag "--badgerdb" or use the latest GUI wallet from github : https://github.com/deroproject/dero_gui_wallet/releases
Ah, thank you! With "-badgerdb", it has synced much fasster. Cheesy
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:54:10 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 08:19:14 AM by xibeijan

Any blockchain/crypto expert/dev interested in DERO source audit/review is welcome for ongoing review.

Pls visit #ext-developers channel on discord https://discord.gg/GmDgjkD

For full details pls see: https://forum.dero.io/t/dero-source-and-compilation-details/760

Pls see first how to Install GO https://golang.org/doc/install

DERO Introduction
DERO is decentralized DAG(Directed Acyclic Graph) based blockchain with enhanced reliability, privacy, security, and usability. Consensus algorithm is PoW based on original cryptonight. DERO is industry leading and the first blockchain to have bulletproofs, TLS encrypted Network.
DERO blockchain has the following salient features
DAG Based : No orphan blocks, No soft-forks
12 Second Block time: Extremely fast transactions and 2 minutes confirmation time
SSL/TLS P2P Network
CryptoNote : Fully Encrypted Blockchain
BulletProofs: Zero Knowledge range-proofs.
Fully Auditable Supply: Supply is fully auditable.
Ring signatures
Written from scratch: Almost everything has been implemented from scratch.

DAG
DERO DAG implementation builds outs a main chain from the DAG network of blocks which refers to main blocks (100% reward) and side blocks (67% rewards). Side blocks contribute to chain PoW security and traditional 51% attacks are not possible on DERO network. If DERO network finds another block at the same height, instead of choosing one, DERO include both blocks. Thus, rendering the 51% attack futile.
Traditional Blockchains process blocks as single unit of computation(if a double-spend tx occurs within the block, entire block is rejected). However DERO network accepts such blocks since DERO blockchain considers transaction as a single unit of computation.DERO blocks may contain duplicate or double-spend transactions which are filtered by client protocol and ignored by the network.
DERO DAG processes transactions atomically one transaction at a time.

Crypto
Secure and fast crypto is the basic necessity of this project and adequate amount of time has been devoted to develop/study/implement/audit it. Most of the crypto such as ring signatures have been studied by various researchers and are in production by number of projects. As far as the Bulletproofs are considered, since DERO is the first one to implement/deploy, they have been given a more detailed look. First, a bare bones bulletproofs was implemented, then implementations in development were studied (Benedict Bunz,XMR, Dalek Bulletproofs) and thus improving our own implementation.Some new improvements were discovered and implemented (There are number of other improvements which are not explained here). Major improvements are in the Double-Base Double-Scalar Multiplication while validating bulletproofs. A typical bulletproof takes ~15-17 ms to verify. Optimized bulletproofs takes ~1 to ~2 ms(simple bulletproof, no aggregate/batching). Since, in the case of bulletproofs the bases are fixed, we can use precompute table to convert 64*2 Base Scalar multiplication into doublings and additions (NOTE: We do not use Bos-Coster/Pippienger methods). This time can be again easily decreased to .5 ms with some more optimizations.With batching and aggregation, 5000 range-proofs (~2500 TX) can be easily verified on even a laptop. The implementation for bulletproofs is in github.com/deroproject/derosuite/crypto/ringct/bulletproof.go 1 , optimized version is in github.com/deroproject/derosuite/crypto/ringct/bulletproof_ultrafast.go

There are other optimizations such as base-scalar multiplication could be done in less than a microsecond.Some of these optimizations are not yet deployed and may be deployed at a later stage.
Further research/studies/optimizations are in-progress to further improve DERO network.

Instructions
Install GO https://golang.org/doc/install
mkdir dero
cd dero
export GOPATH=pwd
git clone https://git.dero.io/DeroProject/src.git
cd src
go install github.com/deroproject/derosuite/cmd/

Pls see DERO explorer, DERO daemon and DERO wallet-cli binaries in $GOPATH/bin.
This source code release is for selected devs only for personal use and feedback only. No distribution in any case/form.

Contact us:
DERO Developers are not perfect and there may be bugs in the code.
Please report any bugs, flaws found during the audit/go through to further improve the project at: https://forum.dero.io/

Thanks for your patience and support.

Incredible work!  Very impressed with the speed and quality of development coming out of Dero.  We've added you to our list of top projects along with Semux!

Questions

• Are bullet proofs only a faster way to do ring signatures (which is amazing!) or is there something else additionally?
  • Impressed with your DAG implementation to eliminate forking and speed up block times.  Why is it still 2 minutes until tx finality if you've eliminated soft forking?
  • How do you resolve conflicting txs in the DAG?  What rule do you use?  Do you put a total order on the blocks and take the first tx? I gues that would not work.  Or do you simply revoke any tx that has a double spend, in which case that would explain why there's no finality for 2 minutes?
  • How many uncles are allowed and for how long can another block be added?
  • Does Dero have RingCT?
  • Do you have plans for a POS of BTF consensus or will it always be POW?

Excellent work again and thanks for answering any of these questions.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

Just awesome!
https://stats.atlantis.dero.live/

So Dero is basically as fast as eth and anonymous like Monero.  Any plan for a feature like Dash's InstantSend?

MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:35:39 PM

• Are bullet proofs only a faster way to do ring signatures (which is amazing!) or is there something else additionally?
  • Impressed with your DAG implementation to eliminate forking and speed up block times.  Why is it still 2 minutes until tx finality if you've eliminated soft forking?
  • How do you resolve conflicting txs in the DAG?  What rule do you use?  Do you put a total order on the blocks and take the first tx? I gues that would not work.  Or do you simply revoke any tx that has a double spend, in which case that would explain why there's no finality for 2 minutes?
  • Does Dero have RingCT?

Good questions which I have forwarded on to the main dev and he says he'll try to respond by tomorrow. In the meantime, I can give a more layman-level explanation for some of them.

* Bulletproofs are an alternative form of zero-knowledge proof that doesn't require establishing a trusted node setup ahead of time, but which take more time/computational effort to perform. They also will make it possible to implement private smart contracts.

* The confirmation time is somewhat arbitrary and could be shortened in the future.

* Resolving conflicting TXs in the DAG - that's definitely one for CaptDero!

* Yep, Dero has RingCT

* No plans to add staking at this time, but a change to a hybrid PoS/PoW system has been tossed around to facilitate smart contracts.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:57:37 PM

• Does Dero have RingCT?

Good questions which I have forwarded on to the main dev and he says he'll try to respond by tomorrow. In the meantime, I can give a more layman-level explanation for some of them.

* Bulletproofs are an alternative form of zero-knowledge proof that doesn't require establishing a trusted node setup ahead of time, but which take more time/computational effort to perform. They also will make it possible to implement private smart contracts.

Thanks for your excellent reply.  This one point sounds like a big advance because it's a trustless setup.

CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:59:45 PM

• Does Dero have RingCT?

Thanks for your excellent reply.  This one point sounds like a big advance because it's a trustless setup.

Ans 1: Already answered by @MagicSmoker.
Ans 2: Dero DAG like other chains requires block propgation time to propgate blocks. Block propgation times AVGs 99.99% ~15 seconds.
Ans 3: By client protocol.
Ans 4: 2 uncles(Dero side blocks if you are referring to them only) are allowed depending on NW.
Ans 5: RingCT is core part of Dero architecture.
Ans 6: We are still searching better algo than POW.

Thanks for your time and questions.
ZoZ54

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:22:30 AM
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

Hi,

You will find below some videos presenting the DERO COIN :

What is DERO coin ? -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjaoMiDeRKA

What is DeroDAG ? -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U43JkWT5kEk

Welcome to the Future of Blockchain -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4nwixxsEw
air133

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:29:26 AM

Dero plans to return to the video card mining and change the algorithm? If so, when approximately?
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:33:07 AM

Dero plans to return to the video card mining and change the algorithm? If so, when approximately?

This has already been discussed before, and at the moment DERO is ASIC friendly. No algorithm change at the moment

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: