Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitty  (Read 1331 times)
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:47:27 AM

Crypto kitty could struggle when other similar games come in (given how successful this game is) and perhaps with less issues in terms of transaction fees. I recall reading an article that the Steemit blockchain is only at like 1 per cent capacity so could likely take on a game like crypto kitty and still work fine. Not sure exactly how Steemit operates, but there was some discussion of games using Steemit as a platform.

Crypto kitty has first mover advantage in the 'digital blockchain collectable' space (if you want to call it that) so we'll see how it all pans out.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JessyHero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:24:44 AM

And if you think about it, how funny it is, that anything, literally ANYTHING, which disrupts a pattern, always brings a wave of resistance. Few years ago most people were talking shit about Bitcoin, or nothing at all, these days a lot of those very same people are buying bitcoin.
Let's see what happens with cryptokitties in few years Grin
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:34:56 AM

And if you think about it, how funny it is, that anything, literally ANYTHING, which disrupts a pattern, always brings a wave of resistance. Few years ago most people were talking shit about Bitcoin, or nothing at all, these days a lot of those very same people are buying bitcoin.
Perhaps this was not a pattern of their spam, namely a purposeful provocation of negative against crypto currency. Today, a lot of skeptics in the past buy not only Bitcoin but also another crypto currency.
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:47:20 PM

i hate this Cryptokitty think, my transaction pending in hour and days, and its solved when you pay more gas, is that something behind this kitty???
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:36:33 PM

could you add original link to that tnx
https://www.cryptokitties.co
That is the link to the game that almost crippled the Ethereum network. It is really making some waves right now, so until it tends to start looking like a Fad, I won't mind paying some attention.
so the problem in ethereum right now because this game? there are to many pending transaction in ethereum network. this game is very booming right now, there to many people playing this game, i think thats why ethereum network have problem because this game based on ethereum network.
Dude that's the point that was being made...

Maybe its a good thing though? It might be a wake up call to the developers that the network isn't scaleable as it is. Better to test out the network limits with a game than with a Dapp that is crucial to business functions or a Dex that is transaction time and performance crucial.

HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

Perhaps this was not a pattern of their spam, namely a purposeful provocation of negative against crypto currency. Today, a lot of skeptics in the past buy not only Bitcoin but also another crypto currency.
and you thought that such information could be spread by competitors, or those who do not need a real perspective project. If you study the information on the forum, As you say, then on this kind of topic you can stumble very often.
Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 06:50:32 PM

I think it will live for few months. It`s just game without any useful product or service... Just another hype-project.

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:12:47 PM

I am curious about this game, I see in this game market cheapest cat price is 0.002, maybe how to play is to buy female and male cats, then produce offspring that can be sold, I am interested in this game, but do not have the funds  Grin
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:56:14 PM

I think it will live for few months. It`s just game without any useful product or service... Just another hype-project.
Bitcoin is just a hype product...

What does it actually do that's a useful service. The only thing that was useful about bitcoin was cheap cashless transactions but now transactions cost so much that it can't even claim that!

I do think you are right though it is unlikely that interest in collectible cryptokitties will continue for a long time but then again who knows, it is a collectors item and there are so many people in the world who will pay so much for collectors items. I think the Gen 0 kitties will always hold their value, im not sure about subsequent generations.

Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:49:58 PM

Is this just a short term fad or does it have a bright future?

Maybe its just a fad. Most of the time when a certain thing fly too high in a short period of time it may fall hard as well. There is an arising problem about the network caused by this game. It caused a pending transactions due to the heavy traffic of buying and selling virtual cats. These is the real challenge for the developers on whether they could sustain it or it will just  be gone too soon.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
AzakeB

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:16:29 PM

could you add original link to that tnx
https://www.cryptokitties.co
That is the link to the game that almost crippled the Ethereum network. It is really making some waves right now, so until it tends to start looking like a Fad, I won't mind paying some attention.
so the problem in ethereum right now because this game? there are to many pending transaction in ethereum network. this game is very booming right now, there to many people playing this game, i think thats why ethereum network have problem because this game based on ethereum network.
Dude that's the point that was being made...

Maybe its a good thing though? It might be a wake up call to the developers that the network isn't scaleable as it is. Better to test out the network limits with a game than with a Dapp that is crucial to business functions or a Dex that is transaction time and performance crucial.

Totally agree with you. Another pro point for this game and yes it sounds stupid: Such games could bring mass adoption. Ethereum isn't anymore the geeky thin air code "crypto currency" now it has a "face". Cryptokitties brings crypto world to the average joe.
Everything which brings mass adoption and awareness is good for this community.

doman

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:10:52 PM

I agree, cryptokitties do very good job and educate mass how blockchain work.
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:44:40 PM

Sounds like interesting,i will try this game and see how the heck did the cats rekt the ethereum network.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
BlackMambaPH

Activity: 1022
Merit: 509

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:34:16 PM

Sounds like interesting,i will try this game and see how the heck did the cats rekt the ethereum network.

I visited there official website, it's kinda complicated for me like as a newbie. They will ask you to install the metask wallet if I'm not mistaken. But still Crypto Kitty is very interesting for cats lover.

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
tatnM

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:30:13 AM

I participated in this project, there you have to pay for everything, I bought one cat, which now is not worth anything. And the big sums that took place at the beginning of buying cats up to $ 100,000 I think the developers did for the sake of advertising.
zerro

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:59:58 AM

bitcoin became for some people a faith in a bright future Roll Eyes
xaft

Activity: 106

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:55:15 AM

cryptokitties are so cute! they should be banned thou cos they add to our load!
Floo1

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:38:10 AM

This is of course very sad that a simple popular game was able to affect the network ETH. But we saw some weaknesses, and it is possible that the development team will correct these defects. Games have always been very popular, so do not be surprised.

stampeditor

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:20:12 PM

Interesting game, but with the problems that users are experiencing it could possibly add harm to the cryptocurrencies used. However it also looks like just a fad.
coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:44:23 PM

Who can explain it to me, what is the sense buying kitty for ETH? That is absolutely not for me, an idea is similar with Pokemon Go, but I really can't believe that someone use each of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: