Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase callback  (Read 2131 times)
LuciferUA (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:03:52 AM

Please help me with coinbase callback please.
Callback is sent only once at the time of transfer bitcoins. There 0 confirmations. More callback is not sent. How to make a callback at 6 confirmations? After all, with 0 meaning no evidence of enrollment to make money as bitcoins may never come. Support is not responsible

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬  STU PRE-SALE ▶ August 2nd, 2017  ▬▬▬▬▬
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
briehost

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 07:28:11 PM

Callback is sent only once at the time of transfer bitcoins. There 0 confirmations. More callback is not sent. How to make a callback at 6 confirmations? After all, with 0 meaning no evidence of enrollment to make money as bitcoins may never come. Support is not responsible

I have had issues with Coinbase like this as well, they never admit it is their fault but I usually get callbacks around the 12th confirmation.

I would recommend using bitpay.com, they charge 1% (or as little as $30 a month + 0%) but they allow you to get a callback at 3 different levels, I believe something like 0, 3 or 6 confirms.

Coinbase payment processing is free, but you get what you pay for Wink

A better alternative would be to make RPC calls to a bitcoin daemon you control.

To brie or not to brie...
LuciferUA (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:33:21 PM

I have had issues with Coinbase like this as well, they never admit it is their fault but I usually get callbacks around the 12th confirmation.

I would recommend using bitpay.com, they charge 1% (or as little as $30 a month + 0%) but they allow you to get a callback at 3 different levels, I believe something like 0, 3 or 6 confirms.

A better alternative would be to make RPC calls to a bitcoin daemon you control.
Thanks for the reply. Bitpay does not suit me. Coinbase send a callback immediately after payment (0 confirmations) and then do not send anything.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬  STU PRE-SALE ▶ August 2nd, 2017  ▬▬▬▬▬
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2199

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 01:38:12 PM

Why don't you use the BlockChain's API? Their callback fires every 10 minutes for a week and sends back how many confirms a transaction has. You can stop the callback by displaying "*ok*" on the callback page.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 10:53:10 PM

Thanks for the reply. Bitpay does not suit me. Coinbase send a callback immediately after payment (0 confirmations) and then do not send anything.

You can get the paid status here: https://coinbase.com/api/doc/1.0/transactions/show.html

Check if the payment is Pending or complete and proceed. I do know that complete is the status after 6-7 confirmations.

Alternatively, you can use blockchain.info or Bitcoin RPC itself to get this information nice and easy. No other site can be checked for Coinbase confirmations as Coinbase uses an offchain network.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: