Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:15:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitty - The Bitcoin Debit Card  (Read 1693 times)
eladkr85 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:21:28 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 07:18:14 AM by eladkr85

Hi,
I'm working on an exciting new project:Bitty, the bitcoin debit card.
Bitty will be close-to-free, in the 0.1 area, with option to print at home.
For each Bitty a number will be assigned,from 1 to 10 to the power of 20, and a Bitcoin address.They will be completely unrelated, so if someone sees the number, he won't be able to use the number.

To pay someone using Bitty, he must be an authorized merchant.Only authorized merchants are able to get access to the database of these numbers,and their private key.
When you buy a Bitty, you must select a PIN, you'll enter, in order to use your Bitty
Bitty will be simply a barcode which includes the secret number, but of course if you buy it from us it will be more pretty than just a barcode.
This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A lot of bitcoin addresses,
A quick barcode maker.

Right now,I'm taking preorders for the print-at-home version at just 0.01 BTC.If you want,contact me at eladkr85@me.com.
Preorders will be emailed on this September,and regular orders will be taken from October,and shipping or emailing from November.

Questions will be happily answered at elad@outlookphone.com.

~~EladK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:30:46 PM

I don't understand this at all. What is the difference between this and simply using our Bitcoin addresses as usual?

Also "Only authorized merchants are able to get access to the database of these numbers,and their private key."

This doesn't sound good.

eladkr85 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:30:46 PM

I don't understand this at all. What is the difference between this and simply using our Bitcoin addresses as usual?

Also "Only authorized merchants are able to get access to the database of these numbers,and their private key."

This doesn't sound good.
Bitty is backed by a physical card, so you can easily purchase stuff out of your computer.
I trying to make Bitty secure, so only "big" mechants will get access to the Bitty database.That prevents hacks on thing like BitBills, which really store the product key inside them.
I would be happy to accept any idea!
JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:55:09 PM

Couldn't the same be achieved using a wallet on your mobile phone?

I think the fact that anyone has access to the database is a bad idea. Wouldn't merchants would need to start off small and build there reputation? I really am finding it hard to find a major benefit over the current systems in place.

eladkr85 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:02:35 AM

Couldn't the same be achieved using a wallet on your mobile phone?

I think the fact that anyone has access to the database is a bad idea. Wouldn't merchants would need to start off small and build there reputation? I really am finding it hard to find a major benefit over the current systems in place.
I'm trying to say merchants will need to builld some rep, but I can count on BitPay, for example. NO ONE ELSE CAN ACCESS THIS DATABASE.
Unline mobile phone wallets, Bitty is offline.
dirtscience

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:37:57 PM

Hi,
For each Bitty a number will be assigned,from 1 to 10 to the power of 20, and a Bitcoin address.They will be completely unrelated, so if someone sees the number, he won't be able to use the number.

To pay someone using Bitty, he must be an authorized merchant.Only authorized merchants are able to get access to the database of these numbers,and their private key.
When you buy a Bitty, you must select a PIN, you'll enter, in order to use your Bitty
Bitty will be simply a barcode which includes the secret number, but of course if you buy it from us it will be more pretty than just a barcode.
This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A quick barcode maker.

Right now,I'm taking preorders for the print-at-home version at just 0.01 BTC.If you want,contact me at eladkr85@me.com.
Preorders will be emailed on this September,and regular orders will be taken from October,and shipping or emailing from November.

~~EladK

Errmergerhd I cant wait Shocked
eladkr85 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:56:28 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2013, 04:57:04 PM by eladkr85

Hi,

This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A quick barcode maker.

~~EladK

Errmergerhd I cant wait Shocked
Thanks!
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:04:21 PM

Hi,

This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A quick barcode maker.

~~EladK

Dont see an address to send payment too?

So you will receive a physical card to swipe in what? ATMS? POS readers?

eladkr85 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

Hi,

This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A quick barcode maker.

~~EladK

The card will have an assigned address.
To use the card,the merchant will scan its barcode,and enter the customer-selected PIN.
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:34:04 PM

Hi,

This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A quick barcode maker.

~~EladK

To use the card,the merchant will scan its barcode,and enter the customer-selected PIN.

I meant a payment address to send you the .01 BTC for preorders

eladkr85 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 06:36:32 AM

Hi,

This project requires:
A lot of paper,
A quick barcode maker.

~~EladK

I meant a payment address to send you the .01 BTC for preorders
Email me at eladkr85@me.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: