Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:17:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell or hold IOTA?  (Read 743 times)
Bukx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:18:58 AM

Having trouble deciding if I should sell or hold IOTA. I have 600 shares that I bought a couple days ago at $1.55 and another 390 shares I bought at $2.78.  IOTA is now trading at $3.93.

Upward trend going to continue or is this simply a pump and dump?

Iota is great project, so may positive comment around this forum amd also outside about iota.
In my opinion, regarding the good support to iota, i will hold it for any longer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:27:32 AM

Sell 60% and HOLD 40% this is the great way to make some profit and hold some profit on it. IOTA will boom by christmas and also it will dump by new year. Buy some of it on new year when it dump. IOTA is an undervalued coin that has great potential in it.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:04:38 AM

Psychology Today article on FUD cycle featuring Iota:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201712/how-fear-is-being-used-manipulate-cryptocurrency-markets

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:13:15 AM

Current IOTA price: $3.53 (-14.98), Source:https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota.

If you have bought $1.55 and $2.78 respectively, then the average you have spent is $2.94. Let's do the math here:

Total Shares: 990
Avg. Spent: $2.94
=990 X $2.94
Total Value of Shares: $2,910.60

Total Shares: 990
Current IOTA Price: $3.53
=990 X $3.53
Total Gains: $3,494.70

=$3,494.70 - $2,910.60
Net Profit: $584.10

Base from the computation given above, you have already gain profits from what you have invest. If I am in your current situtation, I would immediately sell my shares. Its current trend is more likely a pump and dump. I won't wait till the value gets lower as this will make your net profit below $500. You can buy at a certain value if the price starts to rise up again.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

If you were to sell it, you are selling it for btc.  But when you get that btc, are you going to hold onto that btc... or are you going to sell the btc to usd and then have a bank transfer to lock in your 500 dollar plus profit?  Or would you sell it for btc and sell it for usdt and then have that usdt as profit but then wait to buy something else?
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:30:55 AM

IOTA is a good project it's just that like bitcoin it will experience pump and dump in price that's their nature anyway you can sell half of it if your in doubt or convert them into bitcoin that will assure you of good return after holding for quite some time. But taking risk with alts may give possibilities of good harvest soon you just have to be patience.

onegun

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:38:29 AM

better sell. IOTA is hard. Their wallet is poorly designed and you always hard to find a node to send and receive coin. Their code is not open source, hence i seriously doubt it will be highly adopted by big companies such as Microsoft. There are currently many new platforms claim to be next gen. Companies like Microsoft could easily find an alternative and modify it for IOT. Current price of IOTA is too high. It will drop back to 1.8-2.2 soon.
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:44:01 AM

Hold some if you are losing trade right now,disposing it without profit is useless even the hype is gone with this coin theres still hope in the future that it will pump.

dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:22:21 AM

400-500 billion marketcap so still small as I think so all altcoin price will keep going up. people should keep hold your coin . top 10 coin is da best include IOTA

Someone used my Account for 3 Month, why would someone do this?
javainn

Activity: 733

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:26:43 AM

I think if IOTA has a good coin in the hold first, because I believe IOTA coins will bsia have a good price in the future and will be pumped because IOTA project is good.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:41:16 AM

i think we should hold the IOTA if you believe that it will have a bright future in the next few years. but if you are satisfied now about its price, you should also sell if you really need the money, it also has a risk if you hold. the price could get low because we cannot be sure about the price of the coins.

BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:09:35 AM

Interesting... I  wish someone would explain the IOTA wallet a bit more as I think there would be more buyers of the coin if their full node/light node steps weren't so complicated or maybe if there was something like a Jaxx or Coinomi wallet.

Also Iota is loosing a bit of steam because of that article that apparently wanted to receive hits by saying they're in partnership with Microsoft. Once that got clarified I think that's why you're seeing a small dump on the markets. It will be short lived but others will get scared and think "ohh no it's a scam" and also dump their own coin.

Still that should iron itself out shortly as others takes advantage of the drop in price and join in the fray.

I've wanted some IOTA for days but their wallet is so damn confusing. Full Node? Light Node? Also it kept telling me I was offline. I just felt like should I really attempt to shapeshift a small amount for IOTA just for it to disappear because the wallet isn't connecting properly? That's the one thing that I feel would sink IOTA ....that damn wallet. I also don't feel safe holding any coins on an exchange at all really because you just never know when they'll decide "nah we're letting this coin go" and in a hasty fashion, you transfer out to a wallet that isn't set up or worse they just disappear right in the middle of a trade.   

I still think IOTA is an interesting project I just want to make sure if I receive IOTA that it's actually going to be accessible with minimal issues that the average person with the right "basic steps" can figure out.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░       ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░  ░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░     ░░
  ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░      ░█░
   ░▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░        ░██░
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░          ░███▒
      ░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░             ░▒█████░
                           ░░▒██████░
            ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█████████░
                 ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Sphere .
  DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK 
         OVER 250,000 HAVE JOINED!
ICO DATE 
Feb. 12, 2018
███
███████░
███████████
██████████████░
██████████████████
█████████████████████░
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████░
█████████████████
█████████████░
██████████
██████░
GET IT ON
Google Play
                     ░███
                   █████░
                  █████░
                 ▒███▓
         ░███▓       ░████▓
      ████████████████████████
    ░█████████████████████████
   ░████████████████████████▒
   ████████████████████████
   ░██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
       ░████████████████████▓
           █████    █████
DOWNLOAD ON THE
App Store
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:12:05 AM

Just sell it of you get any profit now. If the price lower than buy price, hold it till a certain loss limit that you set.
Iota has big supporter in the back might be the price will increase. Before increasing, the price will do correction first.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:42:18 AM

Interesting... I  wish someone would explain the IOTA wallet a bit more as I think there would be more buyers of the coin if their full node/light node steps weren't so complicated or maybe if there was something like a Jaxx or Coinomi wallet.

Also Iota is loosing a bit of steam because of that article that apparently wanted to receive hits by saying they're in partnership with Microsoft. Once that got clarified I think that's why you're seeing a small dump on the markets. It will be short lived but others will get scared and think "ohh no it's a scam" and also dump their own coin.

Still that should iron itself out shortly as others takes advantage of the drop in price and join in the fray.

I've wanted some IOTA for days but their wallet is so damn confusing. Full Node? Light Node? Also it kept telling me I was offline. I just felt like should I really attempt to shapeshift a small amount for IOTA just for it to disappear because the wallet isn't connecting properly? That's the one thing that I feel would sink IOTA ....that damn wallet. I also don't feel safe holding any coins on an exchange at all really because you just never know when they'll decide "nah we're letting this coin go" and in a hasty fashion, you transfer out to a wallet that isn't set up or worse they just disappear right in the middle of a trade.  

I still think IOTA is an interesting project I just want to make sure if I receive IOTA that it's actually going to be accessible with minimal issues that the average person with the right "basic steps" can figure out.

While agree that the wallet should be improved, you have to insert the caveat that the main development is on machine-to-machine tx, so their focus is on that and the data marketplace. They offloaded an upgraded wallet to a third party, so should be here soon. Just don't confuse them for a p2p coin--it's simply not their main market.

nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:43:21 AM

i suggest to invest on another coin. iota is a good coin but the reason significant increase that happen before cause people think they have partnership with microsoft.  i think so sad to know it were wrong and make the value drop so deep.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:44:09 AM

compute your profit and know your percentage goal for your investment. Sometimes being too greedy because of pumps will give more lose than a profit specially when an alt is suddenly changing. Try having 40 to 50% profit from your investment then sell.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:44:48 AM

i suggest to invest on another coin. iota is a good coin but the reason significant increase that happen before cause people think they have partnership with microsoft.  i think so sad to know it were wrong and make the value drop so deep.

More research, less FUD:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201712/how-fear-is-being-used-manipulate-cryptocurrency-markets

Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:45:26 AM

Right now altcoins seems growing good in value. Maybe this can be used as an opportunity to earn holding iota as well other altcoins. Today the price has dropped in value, so this too can be used as an way for buying and holding purpose.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:14:35 AM

I think sell IOTA is good choice. I think it was high price. Don't hold after so long. I scarry the price will decrease Smiley it is just my opinion Smiley
lamby

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:20:30 AM

I advise you sell about 60% of your IOTA to buy some other trending coin. Take your profit and hold the rest.
Take note some coins are future coins and at the right time, the price will pump
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: