Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Gold/Silver price Speculation?  (Read 366 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:29:08 PM

Hi,

After 2007-2008 financial crash gold and silver reached ATH's and now prices seems corrected and stable. Can anyone speculate the price of gold/silver in the coming years?

Shall I assume once gold & silver reach new ATH's then Crypto's including bitcoin will go down in price?

What will it take for gold and silver to reach new ATH's? Another financial crash? If no next financial crash then it be a slow stable growth correct?

I dont see gold/silver prices going down from bitcoin higher mountain price meaning I don't see gold/silver investors trading in their shiny metals for crypto. So I assume theses markets are not tied to each other?

Sorry for posting in the wrong board but not sure where to post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:35:16 AM

They're related markets but gold and silver are the old school crypto, suppressed by "the man" to make fiat seem worth more. 

I think gold and silver's time will come, because the US will have to revalue the dollar against gold at some point or they'll go broke.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:44:49 AM

Hi,

After 2007-2008 financial crash gold and silver reached ATH's and now prices seems corrected and stable. Can anyone speculate the price of gold/silver in the coming years?

Shall I assume once gold & silver reach new ATH's then Crypto's including bitcoin will go down in price?

What will it take for gold and silver to reach new ATH's? Another financial crash? If no next financial crash then it be a slow stable growth correct?

I dont see gold/silver prices going down from bitcoin higher mountain price meaning I don't see gold/silver investors trading in their shiny metals for crypto. So I assume theses markets are not tied to each other?

gold and silver has nothing to do with crypto, so i guess your posting it in a wrong  section but to answer your question i think that their value will always remain stable or sometimes will decrease because majority of people in this world are simply not interested  buying or investing on them plus its also difficult to obtain them unlike to crypto which was easier and more profitable.
Antinass

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:57:59 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2020, 04:35:40 PM by Antinass

till now Gold/silver it a choose for rich when dollar price down that make price increase in future.
Gold is freezing investment investment which mean you will save your money value if your cash decrease or increase but you will not be rich if you invest in gold.
Silver is like gold, you need it if you cant buy gold so it is best to invest in gold or silver.
bitcoin is investment and will make you rich if you buy and sell (buy low and sell high)
 (may be Bitcoin and other take them place in future)
Alosa

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

Alaattin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:43:50 PM

If you want a sure increasing physical investment,invest your money to gold.But do not expect to make such a big profit.

█▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔█
█  🔒
SAFECRYPT.IO CRYPTOEXCHANGE   • WHITEPAPERTHREADWEBSITE 🚀 ICO IS LIVE  🔥JOIN NOW!🔥   █
█▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂█
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

Between precious metals prices and bitcoin any correlation doesn’t exist. You can only chose where to invest. But these are very different investment areas. I don’t know anybody who like cryptocurrencies and invest in gold. For me there are low profits you can get of gold.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:31:54 PM

I would say in Economic part of forum here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=7.0

Yes this have nothing to do with Altcoins speculations.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:18:07 PM

Gold or silver can not affect the price of a crypto currency, it can only affect the price of some paper money. Now it is more profitable to invest in the crypto currency and metals will not be in great demand and therefore not bring a greater profit.   
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:33:54 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 11:32:47 PM by drachman

They're related markets but gold and silver are the old school crypto, suppressed by "the man" to make fiat seem worth more.  

I think gold and silver's time will come, because the US will have to revalue the dollar against gold at some point or they'll go broke.

Basically this in order for gold and silver to skyrocket you not only need an economic crisis you need a debacle of the current economic system, that is going to bring big chaos to the world but those holding gold, silver and bitcoin will get incredible gains when that happens.
smokiebean

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:40:44 AM

With more and more people becoming aware of the monetary system and how it works, golds price will more than likely remain stable because of the manipulation from the central authorities and people will invest (and have been) in other assets like BTC/CC's
drachman

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:35:55 PM

Gold or silver can not affect the price of a crypto currency, it can only affect the price of some paper money. Now it is more profitable to invest in the crypto currency and metals will not be in great demand and therefore not bring a greater profit.   
Precious metals may not be hot right now but you need to understand that precious metals are like any other asset sometimes they are hot and sometimes they are cold, so if you are interested in investing in any of those, right now seems like the perfect moment to do it since they are relatively cheap.
BigBitNoob

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:15:46 AM

IMO during the next gfc precious metals and crypto will fall, especially crypto as people liquidate assets to pay down debt.. I hold PM crypto and fiat. The fiat is dry powder to buy crypto in the next big crash, the crypto is to speculate with and 10% of crypto profits goes back on to gold, and stacking PM's is a life long goal to hedge against other stuff..
drachman

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:26:59 AM

If you want a sure increasing physical investment,invest your money to gold.But do not expect to make such a big profit.
This is why gold is considered to be a store of value so if you want yearly earnings it is better that you do not invest in gold, many are betting gold is going to gain a lot of value but that may not happen in your lifetime, this is why bitcoin is better just in this year our gains are incredible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: