Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:44:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cavirtex.com - Canadian Bitcoin Exchange now LIVE  (Read 11536 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:26:51 PM

You agree to waive any right you may have to: (i) a trial by jury, and (ii) commence or participate in any class action against hyperWALLET
ahahahahah

Do they think we are so idiot to believe this BULLSHIT?  Roll Eyes

Seriously, this is so epic fail.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arby
Donator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

keybase.io/arblarg

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 07:31:20 AM

You agree to waive any right you may have to: (i) a trial by jury, and (ii) commence or participate in any class action against hyperWALLET

lol! I am sorry, I could not help myself.

Jabber/XMPP: arby@darkness.su
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 02:02:41 PM

When i'm sad i open this thread and i laugh everytime  Cheesy Cheesy

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:11:28 PM

Since the exchange doesn't have a status thread, I'm posting an e-mail message from them regarding status:

Subject: cavirtex.com News Announcement - Jun 15 2012
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:42:06 +0200

1.      Beta launch of Payza.com (formerly Alertpay) for withdrawing funds!
2.      Beta launch of Canada Xpress Post Bank Drafts!
3.      Updated Cash Deposit Policies, Change of Royal Bank Account Number and the addition of Bank of Montreal

Our July 1st anniversary is approaching and to date we have traded nearly $1.5 million CAD and we are only getting busier!  If you have not been to our site in a while, come back and check us out as we have many exciting changes underway!

1.      Beta launch of Payza.com (formerly Alertpay) for withdrawing funds - June 18th 2012
VirtEx has entered into a partnership with Payza (formerly AlertPay) so you can now sell Bitcoins on VirtEx and withdraw the CAD to your Payza account! You do not need to be verified by VirtEx to withdraw with Payza.

With over eight million users, Payza has a credit card that you can load with funds, effectively turning your Bitcoins into a credit card balance within hours! You will not be able to fund your VirtEx account with Payza but there are many other options for withdrawing your funds from Payza. Visit www.payza.com for more details and to open an account.

The fee to withdraw from VirtEx is shown in the table below; however, as part of our exclusive partnership with Payza, you will not be charged any additional fees by Payza to receive the funds.

Withdrawals: $25 to $10,000
Verification required: No
VirtEx Fee: $25-$500 = 3.0% Fee, $500.01 and above = Flat Fee of $15

When our beta is over we will officially launch this withdrawal method on our site. During beta, you must e-mail us (admin@cavirtex.com) your request to withdraw with Payza and include:
1.      The gross amount you wish to withdraw
2.       Your  Payza account email address

All Payza transactions will be processed at 4PM (MST) six days a week (Mon-Sat). We do have plans to automate the withdrawals with Payza's API to make them instant and available 24/7 once the volume of requests increases. In the meantime, you can phone us for an instant rush Payza withdrawal for an additional $5 administration fee.

2.      Beta launch of Canada Xpress Post Bank Drafts
You can now sell Bitcoins on our exchange and withdraw the CAD as a bank draft which we will mail to you via Canada Xpress Post! You do not need to be a verified user to use this option.

When our beta is over we will officially launch this withdrawal method to our site. During beta, you must e-mail us (admin@cavirtex.com) your request to withdraw via Bank Draft and include:
1.      The gross amount you wish to withdraw
2.      The name the bank draft is to be made out to
3.       Your mailing address if you are an unverified user or if you would like it sent to a different address then we have on file for verified users (this can be uploaded through our secure server as well)
4.      Special Instructions for signature. The default send type will be no signature required.
The fee for this service is $40 and includes:
1.      Bank draft fee (1 bank draft per withdrawal, additional bank drafts are $10)
2.      Xpress post postage to any address in Canada
3.      Our administration cost

An additional $40 administration fee will be charged in the event you need us to cancel the un-cashed bank draft.

Bank draft withdrawals will be processed once per week (on Mondays) during beta. You must submit your request before 8AM MST each Monday to make the cutoff for withdrawal. Xpress post delivery times are typically two business days so you should receive your draft the following Wednesday. Xpress Post tracking numbers will be emailed to customers Monday evenings.

Withdrawals: $50 to $9,900
Verification Required: No
VirtEx Fee: $40

3.       Updated Cash Deposit Policies, Change of Royal Bank Account Number and the addition of Bank of Montreal

You can now go in person to any Royal Bank or Bank of Montreal and make a cash deposit to fund your VirtEx account!

We no longer accept any form of online transfers to our bank accounts due to the potential for fraud/identity theft. All cash deposits must be made in person or by wire transfer. If a deposit is received through any kind of online customer to customer transfer, it will be rejected and returned to the account holder.

Our Royal Bank account number has also changed, please use the updated account number below. We will no longer be accepting deposits to our old Royal Bank account number as of June 22, 2012.

You must still make a cash payment notification from the Deposit Funds page PRIOR to making your cash deposit and it must be for the exact amount of your deposit including the cents portion matching the last 2 digits of your account number.

The teller should not charge you a fee to make your deposit as our account plan covers the fees to accept deposits. If they insist on charging you a fee ask for a manager and explain this to them. If you are still charged a fee, please send us the deposit receipt by e-mail to admin@cavirtex.com and we will have our bank manager contact that branch to avoid any fees in the future.

Always ask for and keep your cash deposit receipt.  You  can email a photo of your deposit receipt for faster crediting to your account. If you do not email your receipt to us, it will be processed by the next business day for Royal Bank. BMO cash deposits will be processed the same business day.

When making a deposit use our legal company name (1612643 Alberta Inc) and account numbers shown here:

Royal Bank
Transit#: 00563
Account#: 1003722
Institution ID: 003

Bank of Montreal
Transit#: 25009
Account#: 1051484
Institution ID: 001

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:53:13 PM

Unfortunate they no longer support online transfers to fund CAD accounts.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:26:24 PM

The only change with online transfers is RBC to RBC is no longer allowed.  If you are verified you can still do online bill payment, or have them do a direct withdraw from your account, or direct deposit to your account.  To me it looks like they just removed their most risky money movement method, and added a bunch of cool new features.  Now if only they could get bitinstant attached....

+1
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:08:33 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2012, 02:20:45 AM by teflone

The only change with online transfers is RBC to RBC is no longer allowed.  If you are verified you can still do online bill payment, or have them do a direct withdraw from your account, or direct deposit to your account.  To me it looks like they just removed their most risky money movement method, and added a bunch of cool new features.  Now if only they could get bitinstant attached....

Incorrect..

No online method from your bank is allowed..

You must speak with a teller, and give them cash to send to their new accounts..

This is because of identity theft, and using a bank account that does not belong to you..

Cash, in person...  at the bank...

Virtex states this in their recent email.. and trust me when I say this is how it is..

"We no longer accept any form of online transfers to our bank accounts due to the potential for fraud/identity theft. All cash deposits must be made in person or by wire transfer. If a deposit is received through any kind of online customer to customer transfer, it will be rejected and returned to the account holder."

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:17:39 AM

or direct deposit to your account.

You are referring to withdrawing from CA Virtex and direct deposit to your bank, right?  (even if it is TD, or whatever)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

teflone

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:22:38 AM

or direct deposit to your account.

You are referring to withdrawing from CA Virtex and direct deposit to your bank, right?  (even if it is TD, or whatever)

Withdrawing is the same.. deposited like it always has been done..

Sending money to virtex.., No online method that a bank provides is allowed..

MUST be cash, presented to a teller..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:35:34 AM

From their announcements:

June 15, 2012, 11:04 a.m. - No longer accepting RBC Online Transfers

We will no longer accept RBC to RBC online transfers due to the potential for fraud/identity theft. All RBC deposits must be made in person with cash or wire transfer. This is not to be confused with online bill payments which we still do accept.

teflone

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 03:26:23 AM

From their announcements:

June 15, 2012, 11:04 a.m. - No longer accepting RBC Online Transfers

We will no longer accept RBC to RBC online transfers due to the potential for fraud/identity theft. All RBC deposits must be made in person with cash or wire transfer. This is not to be confused with online bill payments which we still do accept.

lol

That wasnt in their email.. but ya, clearly on the annoucements..

Hmmmmmm..... Their email contradicts their announcements

I thought they didnt like those..

I stand corrected..  

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 02:49:53 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2012, 03:40:59 PM by Stephen Gornick

I just noticed in CA VIrtex's terms of service the restriction:

"Your use of the VirtEx site shall serve to confirm that you are both 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen.".

- https://www.cavirtex.com/terms

Is that something that is actually verified?  e..g, if a person deposits bitcoins and withdraws Payza (formerly AlertPay), would CA VirtEx ever know if the person is not Canadian?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:56:51 PM

I just noticed in CA VIrtex's terms of service the restriction:

"Your use of the VirtEx site shall serve to confirm that you are both 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen.".

- https://www.cavirtex.com/terms

Is that something that is actually verified?  e..g, if a person deposits bitcoins and withdraws Payza (formerly AlertPay), would CA VirtEx ever know if the person is not Canadian?

Not sure but these steps, among others, are required in order to "verify ones account"*:

• Scan or take a digital photo of your government issued photo ID showing your current address, full name, and signature (eg. drivers license). Passports are no longer accepted. All borders must be visible and the document must be in colour.
  • Scan or take a digital photo of a recent (within 3 months) utility or other personal bill which shows your name and address...

*"users can raise their deposit and withdrawal limits by verifying their bank account."

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 05:46:02 AM

The @CAVirtEx Twitter feed has the latest status of exchange, which happens to be down at the moment for an upgrade, or so they have reported:

"Our update is causing has caused a longer then usual delay to update our db our technicians are working on it now."
 - https://twitter.com/cavirtex/status/231579126035787777

- http://twitter.com/cavirtex

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 07:44:19 PM

Hey, are you guys ever going to get your trading API working?  Lack of a trading API is why your spreads are so gigantic -- arbitrageurs can't bring the better MtGox prices to your customers.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:39:10 AM

Since the exchange doesn't have a status thread, I'm posting an e-mail message from them regarding status:

Subject: VirtEx Fee and Limit Increase Coming August 22, 2012
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:30:23 +0200

1) Trade Fees Increasing
2) Trading Limit and Fund Transfer Limit Increase
3) Adding ScotiaBank for Cash Deposits
4) e-Interac withdraw plus many other features coming soon
5) Subscribe to @cavirtex on Twitter

1) Trade Fees Increasing
Due to increased operating costs our transaction fees will be raised as per the schedule below effective Wednesday evening Aug 22, 2012.  VirtEx is working pro-actively with Canadian legislation to operate a Bitcoin exchange.  When dealing with VirtEx, your funds are being held in Canada and under the protection of Canadian banking laws. Our mission is to become the first sanctioned and regulated exchange by the Canadian Government.  The cost to pursue this status is high and requires us to raise our fees.  The fee you are charged will be based on your 120 day BTC trade volume.  Your current 120 day trading volume will be used when this fee schedule goes live.
120 Day BTC Volume, Fee Schedule
Less than 100, 3.0%
100 to 300, 2.5%
300 to 600, 2.0%
600 to 1200, 1.5%
1200 to 2500, 1.0%
2500 or over, 0.5%

2) Trading Limit and Fund Transfer Limit Increase

a) The cash deposit limit has been raised from $1,000 to $9,000 per day. 
b) The withdrawal amount to your bank account via direct deposit has been raised to $5,000 per day. 
c) The trading limit (balance you can have in your account before a withdrawal is required) has been raised from $5,000 to $10,000.

3) Adding ScotiaBank for Cash Deposits
You will be able to deposit cash at any ScotiaBank location across Canada as of August 23, 2012.

4) e-Interac withdraw plus many other features coming soon

Here is a list of our features in development some of which to be released in the coming months:
a) Withdraw CAD via e-mail money transfer! (We will never accept EMT's due to fraud, we will only send out)
b) Trade fill and price alert e-mail notifications
c) Site redesign
d) Limit Orders (Buy and Sell above and below market when a certain price is last traded!)

5) Subscribe to @cavirtex on Twitter
When we have important announcements, if the website is in maintenance mode or down for any reason, an update will be posted on our Twitter page. Please subscribe to keep up to date on the latest VirtEx status and news.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 04:06:11 AM

This fee increase can be discussed here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101165.msg1105653#msg1105653
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:33:43 AM

So I see another exchange (bitfloor) has been hacked.  How long until cavirtex is attacked?  Perhaps they can assure us in this thread that they do not store the bulk of our deposits online.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:55:19 AM

Fair prices, good service, seems secure. Used them, will use again.

But a tip... invest in a better, more professional looking website, its a must now in 2012... plus, good looking and professional looking websites give a "trustworthy" feel to any site. (I know, a scamming site can just as well be good looking, but psychology doesnt agree :p)
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 05:12:26 AM

One of the slickest bitcoin wallet sites turned out to be a scam:
Who is Tom Williams? MyBitcoin.com Reappears with Statement Claiming Site Was Hacked

You should proably avoid storing large ammounts of money on any exchange, or your computer if used for day-to-day activites for that matter.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: