Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cavirtex.com - Canadian Bitcoin Exchange now LIVE  (Read 11536 times)
lightbox

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 08:29:49 PM

Fair prices, good service, seems secure. Used them, will use again.

But a tip... invest in a better, more professional looking website, its a must now in 2012... plus, good looking and professional looking websites give a "trustworthy" feel to any site. (I know, a scamming site can just as well be good looking, but psychology doesnt agree :p)

the www.cavirtex.com website was updated today! fresh new design.

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:26:24 PM

the www.cavirtex.com website was updated today! fresh new design.

Wow great improvement and very good looking! congrat!

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 10:29:56 PM

You should announce it in the service announcement board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=84.0

beeteecee

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 03:26:32 AM

They're not the best designers, lol, but I like the service. Use it all the time to buy BTC.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:32:29 PM

I'd like to see Google Authenticator support. Thanks!
LTC555

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

How do the rates stack up vs mtgox and btc e?
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 09:42:31 PM

Deposit via CAD bank account is free and take about 24-48h. Exchange fees are rather expensive for low volume: https://www.cavirtex.com/faq#tx_fees
LTC555

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:37:53 AM

Yeah, I was excited until I read the VIRTEX TERMS OF SERVICE.

If Bicoins are not a currency or commodity security, what are they exactly? A novelty? Why should I trust an exchange that considers Bitcoins a novelty?

The line about no inherent value can probably be re-worded as well.

The sections that concern me more:
3.1 VirtEx retains the right to change or amend this Agreement at any time. You can check what terms and conditions are in effect by reading the Agreement on the website (www.cavirtex.com).
That link does not even reference the terms of service. Clauses like this are common ernough that I have been considering writing a robot that would periodically (daily) crawl all of the websites I use and check if the "Terms Of Service" have changed. If they have, the bot would generate an e-mail with the diffs.

10.6 Because VirtEx is not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, we hereby disclaim and you hereby waive any recourse to or against us and agree to release and indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees, agents and third-party contractors and suppliers, including those parties with whom we have contracted for marketplace design and technology (collectively "VirtEx parties") from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, costs and expenses or every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes or any breach of this Agreement.
The word "indemnify" means I have to pay for their lawyers. I am also expected to cover any undisclosed indemnity agreement they have entered into as well.

13.1 If you have not used your VirtEx account for more than 1 year, VirtEx will charge an inactivity fee of $50 per month up until such a time when the account balance reaches zero.
The account draining clause is quite steep. It is not clear what happens to any bitcoins, since the agreement only talks about Canadian dollars (Article 16).

18.1 ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE, OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PREEXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS CAPABLE IN LAW OF BEING SUBMITTED TO BINDING ARBITRATION) AGAINST VIRTEX, its agents, employees, officers, directors, successors, assigns or affiliates (collectively for purposes of this paragraph, "VirtEx") arising from or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation, or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships between the parties, whether pre existing, present or future, (including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, relationships with third parties who are not signatories to this Agreement), VirtEx's advertising, or any related purchase SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY according to the Alberta Arbitration Act R.S.A. 2000, c. A-43. The place of arbitration shall be Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitration will be limited solely to the dispute or controversy between Customer and VirtEx. Any award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The "don't sue" clause.

When he says "novelty" he might just mean that it is in no way a government-recognized currency.  If, for example, someone gambles online using bitcoins received through trades on the site, he can't get in trouble because the currency is being acknowledged as a novelty item and not a currency.
jiangchun

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 05:12:48 AM

Fantastic!  Congratulations, I hope your exchange is a resounding success.  It's functioned very well for me so far.
nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:58:38 PM

Is the site down at the moment?
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 04:06:06 PM

Is the site down at the moment?
Yes.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

It's back.
nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:57:49 PM

Thanks for checking / the update
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:23:53 PM

There have been some updates that didn't make it here so I'm posting them below:
 - https://www.cavirtex.com/news?page=1

April 2, 2013, 12:46 p.m. - RBC Cash Deposits Closing, Cash Processing and EMT Changes

1. Our Royal Bank account will be closing on April 5, 2013. Cash payments will no longer be accepted at any RBC branch after April 5, 2013. You may still make cash payments to BMO and Scotiabank. Bill payments are not affected by this close. 2. As a result of the closure of RBC, email money transfer fees will be raised from $10 to $20 starting April 5, 2013. We advise all customers to use the direct deposit method to withdraw CAD from their VirtEx account. Unverified users can use direct deposit to withdraw up to $5000 per day and $10,000 per month. 3. We are no longer processing RUSH cash payments, instead, we are increasing the number of times we process cash each day.

April 6, 2013, 11:03 a.m. - Important Customer Service Update

Due to the increase in BTC trading volume and price, VirtEx is busy! We are working hard to get back to each voicemail and email, process payments quickly and are in the process of hiring new team members. Direct deposit and bill payments have been taking about 3 business days to complete. If you are new to VirtEx, please check out the videos on our YouTube channel about depositing funds and trading before contacting us as many of your questions are likely answered in the videos. We appreciate your business and thank you for your patience.

April 12, 2013, 12:39 p.m. - *** IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE ***

We are responding to every e-mail and voice-mail and currently have a list of 400 customers to get back to due to the high volatility. We have also just hired 6 more staff dedicated to customer service and account verifications. The most common inquires we get are from people failing to read the Deposits and Withdraw Funds link above fully. We also have a youtube video Depositing with VirtEx, please watch this video as well as the trading video on our channel by clicking on the youtube icon above. If you have made a cash deposit you MUST have a corresponding open deposit request shown on Deposit Funds when logged into your account, this involves pressing DEPOSIT and then CONFIRM on the next page. We do not process RUSH cash deposits, we have a dedicated team processing cash throughout the day. EMT's have been disabled due to the RBC closure, we are taking steps to re-enable them with different banks and payment providers with much higher limits in the coming weeks, in the meantime unverified users can withdraw via direct deposit and by filling in their banking information. There is an up to 5 business day delay on receiving a direct deposit to your bank account. If you sent BTC to your VirtEx account and you have 6 confirmations with no balance increase please logout and then back in. Please be assured that we are working as hard as we can to hire resources, get back to every customer inquiry and decrease processing times for all payments.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:16:17 AM

Latest updates:

Sorry I don't know how to put fancy quote boxes around these quotes.  Who knows how??

Quoted directly from https://www.cavirtex.com/news:

April 21, 2013, 2:54 p.m. - ***Upcoming Changes*** Click here

We have expanded our customer service and verification team, please be assured we will return your call same day if you get our voice mail. We will also be moving to a ticketing system for support to better handle all requests as well as adding plenty of youtube videos and vastly expanding our FAQ to help you use VirtEx more effectively. We are aware of the micro order abuse and will be imposing policies and order minimum's to solve this issue. We will also re-enable the withdrawal via e-mail money transfer. These changes as well as many other minor improvements will be live in the coming weeks. We are still hiring resources and preparing for our marketing and merchant API(shopping cart plug-in) launch, this will dramatically increase our volume and liquidity. Please subscribe to our youtube and twitter feeds for live updates as they occur!

May 2, 2013, 5:15 p.m. - Scotiabank Cash Shutdown

Scotiabank has decided to shut our account down today. I received 2 hours notice. We will be appealing this decision with president of Scotiabank and ombudsman if necessary and keep you posted. This only affects CASH deposits, online bill payments can still be made from your scotia account. On a positive note cash deposits are still possible at BMO and we will have other options for cash deposits (one of which being Money Mart) that we will announce shortly. Online bill payments and EFT direct withdraw (coming this week) are still options to deposit. We have also received many suggestions on payment methods and will be adding new options in the coming months. Our legal team and MSB license are our greatest assets in these efforts.

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:21:17 AM

This thread seems better suited to the service discussion sub forum.  Can we move it over?
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:25:48 AM

Sorry I don't know how to put fancy quote boxes around these quotes.  Who knows how??

[ quote ] bla bla [ /quote ]  without the spaces inside the []s

bla bla

Or just hit "Reply with quote" to a message and take a look at what it shows you.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:42:06 PM

As a bookend to this thread there is now a CaVirtex forum user and an "official" support / announcements thread:

Official CaVirtex.com Thread
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218435.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █