Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:40:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: kslaughter AND zumzero from ActM and VMC are deleting legitimate posts!  (Read 9356 times)
keepinithamsta

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:01:28 PM

I woke up to a message that I had a week old post deleted in the thread asking if he would accept escrow.  I guess that's a no.    Cheesy   I just refuse to spend any of my own money on a pre-order without escrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:25:58 PM

Ideally I don't think that op-moderated threads should live in general forums - they should have their own sub-forum - and sales shouldn't be allowed there at all.

So if someone is 'selling' something it then gets moved to correct sub-forum and OP is no longer able to remove posts.

We as a community have an interest in keeping the general forums as a place for discussion rather than advertisements/propaganda.

100% agreed. OP-moderated threads shouldn't exist at all, or exist only on a specific subforum.

Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:48:37 PM

Sorry total disagreement here. I'm on the receiving end of a fair bit of negativity as I flew to Sweden to check out KnC.

That doesn't make me hardcore anything, just diligent. I've been fair to every company, including Terrahash as you well know, but I will call a spade a spade.

Admittedly I wasn't fully aware of AMC's role in bulk Avalon chip orders as they choose to post outside of the custom hardware section, so then there is some sense in VMC suddenly change in product offering, but not post deletion. That is a PR clusterfuck now that is biting KSlaughter, and will continue to until he has something Tangible. KnC have never done that.

Also KnC have a shit-hot design team with multiple NDAs signed over the years with multiple foundries. Not that an NDA means shit these days anyway, and before someone tries to claim the opposite, it really doesn't, not to any decent legal team.

VMC now have a new product offering, but we have yet to see any evidence of talent aside web design, that's a huuuuge difference.

In any case I'm bullish on KnC as they are a cracking bunch of quality engineers who appear to have integrity and the competitive mindset required to succeed, but I'm longing to see some other competition that doesn't contain a bunch of amateurs (this last sentence is in not way directed at KSlaughter, it's a generalised statement of the current companies and how they publicly choose to behave through their own free choice).

Ok, since you seem genuinly interested I'll give you a quick recap of all the major stuff that happened so far:
  • ActiveMining currently owns VMC and AMC;
  • AMC currently has 6 Avalons (~430GH/s) mining on BTC Guild; more 68 Klondike-16 boards are also coming this month (~307GH) and the 20,000 avalon chips + boards are expected to be fully operational in August (~5,640 GH/s);
  • VMC will be able to sell both Avalon clones and 28nm systems;
  • Ken has been optimizing the RTL code for ActiveMining's chip for a year now, the current chip specs are the simulation results provided by eAsic, not from him;
  • The results from eAsic using his RTL allow for 20 mining cores per chip, at a frequency from 800MHz (16GH/s) to 1GHz (20GH/s), with an estimated power consumption around 15W per chip (800MHz).
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

Sorry total disagreement here. I'm on the receiving end of a fair bit of negativity as I flew to Sweden to check out KnC.

That doesn't make me hardcore anything, just diligent. I've been fair to every company, including Terrahash as you well know, but I will call a spade a spade.

Admittedly I wasn't fully aware of AMC's role in bulk Avalon chip orders as they choose to post outside of the custom hardware section, so then there is some sense in VMC suddenly change in product offering, but not post deletion. That is a PR clusterfuck now that is biting KSlaughter, and will continue to until he has something Tangible. KnC have never done that.

Also KnC have a shit-hot design team with multiple NDAs signed over the years with multiple foundries. Not that an NDA means shit these days anyway, and before someone tries to claim the opposite, it really doesn't, not to any decent legal team.

VMC now have a new product offering, but we have yet to see any evidence of talent aside web design, that's a huuuuge difference.

In any case I'm bullish on KnC as they are a cracking bunch of quality engineers who appear to have integrity and the competitive mindset required to succeed, but I'm longing to see some other competition that doesn't contain a bunch of amateurs (this last sentence is in not way directed at KSlaughter, it's a generalised statement of the current companies and how they publicly choose to behave through their own free choice).

Ok, since you seem genuinly interested I'll give you a quick recap of all the major stuff that happened so far:
  • AMC currently has 6 Avalons (~430GH/s) mining on BTC Guild; more 68 Klondike-16 boards are also coming this month (~307GH) and the 20,000 avalon chips + boards are expected to be fully operational in August (~5,640 GH/s);
  • Ken has been optimizing the RTL code for ActiveMining's chip for a year now, the current chip specs are the simulation results provided by eAsic, not from him;
  • The results from eAsic using his RTL allow for 20 mining cores per chip, at a frequency from 800MHz (16GH/s) to 1GHz (20GH/s), with an estimated power consumption around 15W per chip (800MHz).

Cool, so this potentially following in the footsteps of ASICminer, by building and hosting shared hashrate, with sales on the side of new, and old stock as, and when it becomes redundant or available?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Vbs

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 02:21:49 PM

Cool, so this potentially following in the footsteps of ASICminer, by building and hosting shared hashrate, with sales on the side of new, and old stock as, and when it becomes redundant or available?

Yes, exactly that, same tried and tested model as Asicminer! Smiley
rustyh17

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 02:32:11 PM

I feel the need to chime in a moment here. I have been to VMC's offices and they are for
real. They have some some cases and power supplies received (ironically exactly the case
shown on their website which others were giving them grief about using "stock" photos).
They have a product flow layout plan which they shared and they were more than happy
to give us a tour.

I am a totally uninvolved third party (though we may offer some assistance in product flow
through their assembly plant if further requested).

Anyway, whether they can or cannot delivery ASIC chips of their own design is not for me
to say. I do, however, fully believe they intend to deliver and are not running a scam.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:22:43 PM

Was that so hard to post? I don't think so. This should be in the VMC thread instead of deleted posts to inquiries.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:44:46 PM

Bash all you want in this thread.  Mine is for discussing the merits of our products.

You do not have any products and will not have them ever.

@ everyone else

AMC / VMC is a scam, do not fall for it!

Inspector Megamouth strikes again!

No need for 'Inspector', it implies some detective work, crying SCAM in everythread does not mean he's performed ANY research.

You can probably drop the 'Mega' as well if you've seen his store!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

Watching. Not commenting.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Vbs

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:24:49 PM

Was that so hard to post? I don't think so. This should be in the VMC thread instead of deleted posts to inquiries.

Glad to be of service! Grin
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:01:53 PM

VMC will either be an epic scam, an epic fail, or a great success. I am excited to see which one (I hold no investments with them.)  Wink

On a side note, I met someone at the Bitcoin conference that said he had met Ken Slaughter earlier in the day and he was quite weird/strange.. (something along those lines). He also said he would never do business with him. I'm not sure what to make of this because I didn't personally meet him face to face, and the guy that told me this seemed a little "interesting" himself, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. But just FYI...
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 04:52:49 AM

VMC will either be an epic scam, an epic fail, or a great success. I am excited to see which one (I hold no investments with them.)  Wink

On a side note, I met someone at the Bitcoin conference that said he had met Ken Slaughter earlier in the day and he was quite weird/strange.. (something along those lines). He also said he would never do business with him. I'm not sure what to make of this because I didn't personally meet him face to face, and the guy that told me this seemed a little "interesting" himself, so I'd take it with a grain of salt. But just FYI...

What is it about Bitcoin that brings out eccentric/weird types?

Not that I've dealt personally with any of them but:
Yifu has his "I don't want to deal with customers" side, taken to the extreme at times.
Josh/Inaba swears at his customers even tho they waited a year+ for their orders & their CEO is an ex-fellon?
The quoted comment about KSlaughter above

The only business-minded, totally normal-seeming CEO seems to be Friedcat?  Pls correct me if I'm wrong here, but correct me if I'm wrong.  (and yes, I'm ignoring all the recent startups until they start selling stuff)
Vbs

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:56:06 AM

Anyone can phone him and check for himself, the numbers are in VMC's thread.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:06:21 PM

Lets start a delete war. Let's see how many posts and how much time will you lose by deleting my posts Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253282.0

This is hardly proof you are not trolling. You seek to prove your innocence by confirming your guilt.   Huh

Please follow the history. I wasn't trolling at start. I was asking legitimate questions who were ignored. Now i'm trolling since i was treated like this by the OP. Since he is allowed to delete my legitimate questions i think i'm allowed to troll. Troll on!

My point is: you are invalidating your argument that Ken deletes rational posts by making irrational posts.
Actually he seems to be deleting any inconvenient post(s) on his own thread.

Two of mine were deleted as well.

So your point is invalid it seems. It is alright for people to point out the censorship even when it was seemingly unnecessary.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:31:18 PM

I expected them to delete my post - I knew it was self-moderated thread.
I just expected they would delete quickly, in a day or two. Actually my post has been there unaffected for about a month, so I consider it a success in warning the others.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.
You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Web pages filled with pictures of RM42300-F server from Chenbro Micom Co., Ltd.
It's possible to put two graphics cards into this, that's all.

Really virtual miners.
Vbs

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:15:19 PM

I expected them to delete my post - I knew it was self-moderated thread.
I just expected they would delete quickly, in a day or two. Actually my post has been there unaffected for about a month, so I consider it a success in warning the others.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.
You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Web pages filled with pictures of RM42300-F server from Chenbro Micom Co., Ltd.
It's possible to put two graphics cards into this, that's all.

Really virtual miners.

Someone commented on that before (bolded):

I feel the need to chime in a moment here. I have been to VMC's offices and they are for
real. They have some some cases and power supplies received (ironically exactly the case
shown on their website which others were giving them grief about using "stock" photos
).
They have a product flow layout plan which they shared and they were more than happy
to give us a tour.

I am a totally uninvolved third party (though we may offer some assistance in product flow
through their assembly plant if further requested).

Anyway, whether they can or cannot delivery ASIC chips of their own design is not for me
to say. I do, however, fully believe they intend to deliver and are not running a scam.

iikun
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:54:14 PM

Someone commented on that before (bolded):

shown on their website which others were giving them grief about using "stock" photos
).
to give us a tour.

This begs the question, why not save himself a lot of grief from people pointing this out & take his own pics of those cases?  He said he was in the process of taking his own pics back in May from memory, but still nothing. That was 2+ months ago.
Using stock pics for projects really just invites people to call scam, whether it is or it's not.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 09:16:57 PM

I can also confirm he deleted every single one of my questions pertaining to his other businesses and calling him out on the very shady aspects of anything attached to his name.

I was just in Springfield, Missouri where he claims his shop is and offered to come take a look while I was there, never PMed to set something up.

And by the way kslaughter deleting posts only sent my posts back to my own inbox, so when I have a minute I will compile them and put them on CoinCanary for all to see instead.

Don't send your money to this guy, he is dirty

mobile

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:47:35 AM

Anyone else had their posts deleted?

Although you did create a new topic, Im just saying...

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
iikun
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:55:15 AM

Anyone else had their posts deleted?

Although you did create a new topic, Im just saying...

sure, but moderating your own "sales thread" in a non-sales section of this forum is akin to Google deliberately suppressing anti-Google sites via their algorithm.

He should post it in the sales section.  oh, but he posted there too I think! That guy has more threads here than Bill Gates has dollars
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: