Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price of New Blade and Mini Blade was announced by rockxie  (Read 8517 times)
innovation (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:44:04 PM

When will the price announcement be made? When they will start shipping?

I have no any reliable news source about the shipping data. u can keep your eyes on what friedcat has said.

here is friedcat's profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840

Friedcat said today:  The last August's IPO skype camera meeting is coming.
Maybe new products will be announced in the skype camera meeting.

So the shipping data is coming too.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:05:01 PM

Last August's meeting is coming? How is it coming when it happened last year?
innovation (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 01:28:31 PM

Wow!
As we know, last means ' occurring at or forming an end'. Final is its synonym.
So you are kidding.
haha.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:56:06 PM

Friedcat said today:  The last IPO skype camera meeting for August is coming.

Wow!
So you are kidding.
haha.

FTFY to keep grammar trolls happy.

suprabitz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:51:07 PM

but you know whats crazy is guys paid 50 BTC for blades and have been mining since mid May reaping a fortune and if they were smart they sold it a couple weeks ago. They were still selling for 35-40 BTC WAY over ROI. People told them they would never ROI at 50 BTC but if they sold for 35-40BTC a few weeks ago they probably made a fortune.

If you buy a blade, you give friedcat [upfront] what the blade will produce (in BTC) in the next year.  So he takes on almost no risk selling you the blade. The ROI (when you make back what it costs) is "all risk" that is offloaded on you...so you assume the "full risk" over the next year.

To be honest buying a 10Gh/s blade at that price is sheer stupidity. Your basically giving friedcat what the blade will eventually produce up front. Then waiting for the next year [as the buyer] to make it back...if luck is with you.

----------------------------

The only reason anyone would buy a blade at this price is if your intended to offload it unto an even bigger idiot. Someone who is going to put *you* in the position of "friedcat". Your second hand buyer (if they are stupid enough) will buy it off you and give you the BTC or currency up front. While they take an even higher/compounding risk [no, a certainty] that they will not make it back in the next year.

If the blade does not make 18BTC over the next year....how will it make the extra profit that the reseller attaches to it??

It is just too stupid to contemplate.
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 09:18:52 PM

Friedcat said today:  The last IPO skype camera meeting for August is coming.

Wow!
So you are kidding.
haha.

FTFY to keep grammar trolls happy.

I seriously didn't understand what he meant. Last August's meeting usually literally means the meeting of last August. I thought he probably meant a meeting like one in last August but that didn't make much sense.

So what the exact date for the upcoming meeting in August?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:03:21 PM

but you know whats crazy is guys paid 50 BTC for blades and have been mining since mid May reaping a fortune and if they were smart they sold it a couple weeks ago. They were still selling for 35-40 BTC WAY over ROI. People told them they would never ROI at 50 BTC but if they sold for 35-40BTC a few weeks ago they probably made a fortune.

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say?

They bought a blade in Mid-May, then they haven't gotten anywhere near their ROI up to now. Thats is less than 30 days span of time to make any BTC before they "allegedly" sold it off.

If they then sold them off for 35 or 40 BTC then that means for them to break even...they would have had to have made anywhere from 10 BTC to 15 BTC in that lapse of time. This only to actually break even.

So your statement is confusing. Are you saying that someone who purchased a Mid-May blade made back at least 10 to 15 BTC before they sold it off to some other fool for the remaining difference??

If not, then they just got out of it what they put into it...at best.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 10:50:41 PM

They bought a blade in Mid-May, then they haven't gotten anywhere near their ROI up to now. Thats is less than 30 days span of time to make any BTC before they "allegedly" sold it off.

If they then sold them off for 35 or 40 BTC then that means for them to break even...they would have had to have made anywhere from 10 BTC to 15 BTC in that lapse of time. This only to actually break even.

So your statement is confusing. Are you saying that someone who purchased a Mid-May blade made back at least 10 to 15 BTC before they sold it off to some other fool for the remaining difference??

i got a blade in May, made about 21 BTC with it till last week, and sold it for 35 BTC, not a very good deal, i admit.
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 11:22:30 PM

i got a blade in May, made about 21 BTC with it till last week, and sold it for 35 BTC, not a very good deal, i admit.

It wasn't too bad of a deal. With NMC conversion I made around 26 BTC and with the low $66 USD price of BTC last week I sold my blade for around 60 BTC on eBay. Assuming I don't get a dispute months later, it is hard to argue with a ~36 BTC profit in 2.5 months.
kevinm

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:14:02 AM

Seems like FriedCat is having the COMMUNITY pants down over these blades and selling them to us mugs at twice the price he is offering in mainland China:

Here is a nice 130Gh/s rig for sale at RMB 39999

Here is a translation using google translate:

Price: ¥ 39999.00
     Logistics Freight:
     Shanghai | to National Express: ¥ 15.00 seller promises delivery within 24 hours
     30 days sold: 1
     Average price: No rating
     Baby Type: New 4281 views
     Payment:

Quick payment online banking payment

Someone to pay the consumer card balances Alipay payment outlets
         Unfold

39999 Yuan or RMB is approx USD 6500 ( FOR 10 x 10Gh/s BLADES but can give 130Gh/s) which is being offered to us chumps at 18.9 BTC each blade?

dont see anything there about it being a deposit, seems like full price to me and delivery within 24 hours.
Please tell me I am wrong and FriedCat is not shafting everyone who does not live in China.
I will boycot this and start buying my ASIC's from some of the independents. There seem to be more and more popping up each day and cheaper too.

cheers,
kev
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 07:40:58 AM

When will the price announcement be made? When they will start shipping?

I have no any reliable news source about the shipping data. u can keep your eyes on what friedcat has said.

here is friedcat's profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840

So the shipping data is coming too.

That statement by friedcat has nothing to do with the Blade price and shipping.

What he said was to tell us that the guy in the photo published in the news/weibo is not friedcat himself, which can be confirmed by the members attending last August's IPO skype camera meeting.

BTW, I think that guy in the photo is rockxie.
cowbay

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:24:07 AM

Seems like FriedCat is having the COMMUNITY pants down over these blades and selling them to us mugs at twice the price he is offering in mainland China:

Logistics Freight:
     Shanghai | to National Express: ¥ 15.00 seller promises delivery within 24 hours
     Payment:

Unfold

39999 Yuan or RMB is approx USD 6500 ( FOR 10 x 10Gh/s BLADES but can give 130Gh/s) which is being offered to us chumps at 18.9 BTC each blade?

dont see anything there about it being a deposit, seems like full price to me and delivery within 24 hours.
Please tell me I am wrong and FriedCat is not shafting everyone who does not live in China.
I will boycot this and start buying my ASIC's from some of the independents. There seem to be more and more popping up each day and cheaper too.

cheers,
kev

Just to make sure, I contacted the seller.  They are no longer selling the old blades (10~13G for 56BTC) and are accepting orders for the new 10G blades for BTC 18.88 each, to be shipped in 10 days from friedcat (Shenzhen, southern China) directly.

Those in China may get the goods faster but not significantly cheaper.

IM record in Chinese for those interested:

叽歪 (17:14:29):
您好,http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4004-2539560000.10.EAsIOP&id=25811016545

http://img01.taobaocdn.com:80/tfscom/i3/19255024435646947/T1bm0iFndcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_460x460.jpg
http://img03.taobaocdn.com:80/tfscom/i1/885589255/T24KQhXftaXXXXXXXX_!!885589255.png_460x460.jpg
http://img01.taobaocdn.com:80/tfscom/i2/885589255/T22vchXjBXXXXXXXXX_!!885589255.jpg_460x460.jpg
http://img03.taobaocdn.com:80/tfscom/i2/885589255/T2W5giXcRXXXXXXXXX_!!885589255.gif_460x460.jpg
http://img03.taobaocdn.com:80/tfscom/i4/885589255/T2xmP4XnpaXXXXXXXX_!!885589255.jpg_460x460.jpg

宝贝: 拒绝期货和欺骗 烤猫刀片现货比特币 叠加算力 停止淘宝销售
价格: 39999.00元
运费: 至 广东 15.00元
月销量(1)
 是单片还是整台130G?
3暗黑3 (17:15:05):
这个现在没有货
叽歪 (17:15:37):
旧刀片没货,新刀片没到货?
3暗黑3 (17:16:20):
新刀片现在在预定,今天最后一天,5g 9.88btc  10g 18.88btc
3暗黑3 (17:16:36):
烤猫那边10天之内发货
叽歪 (17:16:48):
深圳直发?
3暗黑3 (17:16:54):
是的
叽歪 (17:16:58):
谢谢!
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

I've seen more than a few people kick up a stink about blade prices, not realizing that a lot of the numbers they're seeing are down payments.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:24:33 PM

I've seen more than a few people kick up a stink about blade prices, not realizing that a lot of the numbers they're seeing are down payments.

I've also seen a stink about the price being too high.  People either believe in free markets or they don't.  Are they selling out?  Yes then the price isn't too high.  If the price is too high then they won't be able to move units at that price and they will lower the price.  Right now ASICMiner faces minimal competition.   Avalon has sold a lot of chips but not a lot of complete units.  If/when Avalon board builders start to sell in bulk and <gasp> even have units available for immediate delivery ASICMiner will be forced to lower their price ... or they won't sell anything.

Trust the power of open fair markets people.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:51:43 PM

I've also seen a stink about the price being too high.  People either believe in free markets or they don't.  Are they selling out?  Yes then the price isn't too high.  If the price is too high then they won't be able to move units at that price and they will lower the price.  Right now ASICMiner faces minimal competition.   Avalon has sold a lot of chips but not a lot of complete units.  If/when Avalon board builders start to sell in bulk and <gasp> even have units available for immediate delivery ASICMiner will be forced to lower their price ... or they won't sell anything.

There will indeed be a market battle. The question is how intense it will be and when we will reach a relatively stable equilibrium. In my opinion, there's still a long way to go before the market price falls down to the same magnitude to the margin cost. Before that, all ASIC vendors would be quite profitable.

Sad that AM prices are too high? Blame BFL and Avalon.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:54:20 PM

Prices will drop as soon as  BFL manages to deliver and avalon might be ready too.

Btw. iam raffling my avalon for only 1 btc. (Yeah you can buy a avalon for 1 btc)

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 10:13:57 PM

Btw. iam raffling my avalon for only 1 btc. (Yeah you can buy a avalon for 1 btc)

In related news you can buy $200 million dollars for just $1 dollar. 
bitbigbird

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:20:46 PM

Only ONE 13G blade sell for 39000Y and it is not invailble now.
Maybe you can use some translate tools for more information.
If you have any question, email to me tomfor88@foxmail.com

https://i.imgur.com/qw6PrtD.png

Logistics Freight:
     Payment:

Unfold

cheers,
kev

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:45:45 PM

The free market is an abstract idea.

Just because the free market is in action does not automatically mean that buyers are getting a good deal. It may turn out that way, but it doesn't necessitate that it will turn out that way.

The idea of a free market can be both good and bad to either party (sellers or buyers). If the conditions of the market are skewed it can be destructive through various pre-set conditions and/or even helpful if conditions are right.

=======================
An example of a destructive free market:

If a product is being sold at a price point where there are enough fools to "buy out" the supply in a free market. The fools will get burned.

These fools, once they part with their money, will not be making any positive return at a specific price point. As long as there are enough fools, the market is sustained without change. Leaving non-fools deprived of a particular product at a "useful" and workable price point.

If there is enough "demand" from new fools to replace old fools, the market can sell a product that never actually does anything useful to anyone. It will just move wealth from one pocket into another. Never serving it's ultimate purpose to a useful degree.

There is always a market for idiots to buy and sell things.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:51:19 PM

The free market makes no guarantees that the buyer is in anyway informed or fully aware enough of whether the product being sold will actually do what it is being purchased to do.

It only stipulates that given enough competitors, the end result is that products will become cheaper (not necessarily better).

------------------------

There are giant holes the size of kansas city in the free market idea. (not that I am generally against it)

If you don't think I am saying something truthful...try sitting on your cars plastic bumper and see how many hundreds of dollars it costs you to get it repaired.  Wink

Cheaper =/= better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: