Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which types of wallet better for bitcoin?  (Read 1740 times)
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:10:01 AM

for the safest wallet I suggest to use nano leadger. nano leadgers include hardware shaped USB flashdisk and nano leadger is the most popular wallet because it is able to store two digital currencies ie bitcoin and electrum. Users can complete transactions on the screen of the device or by using a browser plugin, this product is very powerful and certainly very safe from hackers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daggny_taggart

Activity: 868
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:09:51 AM

Blockchain is best among the apps
aleczandie

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:59:05 AM

As of now I was new for this kind of job. I am reading for what best bitcoin wallet would i choose. Please give a legit bitcoin wallet.
jiteshh

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:32:25 PM

paper wallet if you just plan to hold for a long time and use rarely
pragna

Activity: 1582

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:22:24 PM

I think Blockchain is the best for Bitcoin but you must have to 2FA for reserve BTC. It is the original wallet for cryptrocurrency and others is a third party wallet.
kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:00:18 PM

Cold wallets are better and secure for bitcoin. As stated in one of the above post ( which give most important and detailed information about wallets and its types on the basis of securities and working ) cold wallets work offline and hence secure and not susceptible for hackers attack. Hot wallets work with online and from any part of world so they easily susceptible for attacks of hackers and hence one can loss bitcoin.
jafu

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

Jaxx is the world's driving multi-resource advanced wallet which stores both bitcoins and altcoins. Wink
jafu

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

In the Electrum window, click Wallet then Private Keys and after that Sweep. Glue the private keys from Bitcoin-Qt here. Check the subsequent exchange is alright and click Broadcast to clear from the addresses in Bitcoin Core to the Electrum wallet.
The exchange will be handed-off to each hub in the bitcoin network and ought to soon be noticeable as unsubstantiated in Electrum's window. It is probably going to soon be mined into a block giving it affirmations that make it an irreversible exchange.
Trading Eye

Activity: 40
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:23:45 PM

for now im prefer using web wallet as blockchain .
2 years i use it . and now i check my wallet i still had $10 in there .
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:36:24 PM

I use a ledger nano and am very happy with it Smiley

Didnt use any other so cant comment on them.

Ledger nano are so very expensive that only the rich can afford. It's really worth a dollar as it is considered as the most secured and private among other wallets that are available worldwide. Not to mention that it's easy and convenient to use, as you can carry it anywhere you go by accessing it through other computers or laptops by just plugging it into a USB. However, it's not advisable for starters or holders which doesn't have that much of Bitcoin to store. I will only use that kind of wallet if I am earning hundreds to thousands worth of BTC's every day through trading or a lot of my activities including work, were related to Bitcoins.
chimcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:11:22 PM

I Obviously agreed, and i think having a wallet depend on your goal or plans in cryptocurrencies. Moreover, I also think one needs to look for the following things when selecting a reliable Bitcoin wallet, irrespective of whether it is a software or a hardware wallet:
1.Control private keys – A wallet where you own and control your keys.
2.Backup & security features – Seed backup keys and pin codes.
3.Developer community – Active development community for maintenance.
4.Ease of use – Elegant UI for fast and easy use.
5.Compatibility – Compatible on different operating systems.
Now,consider these wallets : ladger nano,trazor,jaxx,exodus,coinbase etc.
sandaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:37:23 AM

think we hardware wallets are secure ones and you can transfer coins to those wallets in small amounts and reduce your exposure.

What i have showed that they are nearly identical in function. Trezor has a more good interface. And it allows you to create hidden wallets in addition to your regular wallet. This is a big feature. But the problem is that trezor is more expensisive than other hardware wallets in the market. And you have online wallets like coinbase. But never forget to activate 2FA for thore otherwise wallets may be hacked
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:47:37 PM

There are different types of wallet for the Bitcoin to my point of view electrum software wallet is most welcome type of wallet better for bitcoin. In electrum wallet the users control their private keys and that is safe and reliable wallet.Since bitcoin is a digital decentralized currency no other governing parties interfere in bitcoin we should know about the reliability and safety of the wallet we choose .There is also  paper wallet that is also a safe and reliable one.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Karen J. Mickey

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:36:47 AM

I think it's a wallet
As the name implies, this is a document with all the information you need to create the private key to store your Bitcoin. This type of offline storage gives you complete control over your Bitcoin.

In all of these options, paper seems to be the choice of the 1980s, but that's the safest way to keep it, that's the type of wallet you should use when you want to store any kind of money. In particular, Bitcoin.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

Which types of wallet better for bitcoin? which wallet better for bitcoin secure

Im using the ledger nano s and am really happy with it. I would suggest this as a wallet in case you dont have one.
ninjanel

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:33:46 AM

Which types of wallet better for bitcoin? which wallet better for bitcoin secure

Bitcoin wallet can be classified into 2 namely:
1.   Hot Wallet
2.   Cold Wallet
HOT WALLET
 Is a wallet that is connected to the internet or that is online. A hot wallet can be accessed from anywhere in the world and from most internet enabled devices. For this reason, a hot wallet is susceptible to attack from hackers if it is not well secured. Maximum security on your Bitcoin can only be attained using a cold wallet.

Types of Hot wallet include:

Online Wallet or Web Wallet
This is the most common type of Bitcoin wallet. Just like the name implies, web wallets are hosted in the cloud by a third-party company. It has an advantage of being able to be accessed from location and from any web browser on most Internet-enabled devices. Examples of companies that provide web wallets include. Coinbase, Luno, Blockcahin.info etc.

Mobile Wallet
A mobile wallet is a wallet that comes as an application installed on our mobile devices, mainly Android, iOS and Blackberry. Most web wallet provided has a mobile wallet app which is synced to the online wallet.

Desktop wallet
Just like the mobile wallet above, desktop wallets are wallet application downloaded and installed on a personal computer or laptop.They are easy to use and available for the different operating system. Examples of desktop wallet include Amory and mSIGNA.

COLD WALLET

It is a wallet that is not connected to the internet and it is usually on a device or a paper. A cold wallet is the safest form of Bitcoin wallets. It is almost impossible to hack a cold wallet. The hacker would have to get hold of your device and your passkey to access your cold wallet which in this case would be a human error.
The idea is, for long-term storage, store your bitcoin in a cold wallet.
Also, Hot wallets are usually free while Cold wallets may cost to purchase the device.

Types of Cold wallet include:

Paper Wallet
The paper wallet is inform of paper which contain two things which are the public address to received bitcoin and private key to gain access to bitcoin and spend it. One of the advantages of the paper wallet is that it is not prone to attack from hackers since it is offline.

Hardware wallet
The hardware wallet is one the safest and convenient type of bitcoin wallet. It is advised that anyone having bitcoin for storage in excess of $1,000 in worth should have a hardware wallet. Hardware wallet comes in form of a USD stick. You simply plug it in your computer to access and send Your Bitcoins. The hardware wallet does not need to be plugged into a computer to receive Bitcoins.

So to choose the best wallet depends on the rate of transaction, size of transaction, Cryptocurrency exchange and storage.
•   Small and frequent transactions: Online wallets or Software wallets
•   Cryptocurrency exchange: Online wallet (but only the amount that you play with)
•   Occassional big transactions: Hardware wallet
•   Storage only: Hardware wallet or paper wallet

Tnz for this information I am so glad to know this wallet
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:17:40 AM

I find myEther, Electrum, Coinbase and Localbitcoin wallets are standard to use. Once you set up all required security options, you will much safer. We have paper wallets and hard device wallets like Trozor and Ledger Nano wallets. Every wallet has its own specification and features to safeguard your money. Its us our responsibilities to be more cautious.

DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:37:16 AM

I find myEther, Electrum, Coinbase and Localbitcoin wallets are standard to use. Once you set up all required security options, you will much safer. We have paper wallets and hard device wallets like Trozor and Ledger Nano wallets. Every wallet has its own specification and features to safeguard your money. Its us our responsibilities to be more cautious.

Blockchain wallet as seems to be a good one. I am using blockchain and Coinbase wallets. Recently i opened an account with MyEtherwallets. MyEtherWallet is designed to accept ERC-20 token. This is really a good feature. Segwit address are bound to be taking less transaction fees with high transaction speed. This is the reason Electrum was downloaded.
D@vid-BTC

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:33:43 PM

Blockchain is the best for Bitcoin. It is my opinion.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 07:49:28 PM

I find myEther, Electrum, Coinbase and Localbitcoin wallets are standard to use.

I wouldn't call coinbase and localbitcoin (web-)wallets as 'standard to use'.
The standard should be to have access to the private keys. And to be the only one who is able to access them.
With webwallets you are giving the full control to the sites operator. Its not only another attack vector. You are completely relying on them to secure your (potential) coins.

Paper/Hardware/Desktop/Mobile wallets are necessary to store coins safely.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: