Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash down, my miners just arrived (2 s9's 2 L3+'s) Researching pools  (Read 1675 times)
Dr Octagon (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:31:40 PM

Hello,

Have read a fair bit and I know this is STRICTLY a BTC mining pool forum but as that's all I want anyway (even with L3+'s) I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.

I had planned just to hook them up to nicehash - let them do there thing. Now it's down it's pretty worrying and has made me think I should hedge my bets by mining a few pools

Anything I can look into further?

Thanks

Yours Forever

Dr Octagon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achib

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:12:12 PM

Hey why not use antpool ?
Sounds fair with antminers Wink Cheers !
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:20:55 PM

Nicehash has been nothing but nice over the past few months. They've been down and out of service for hours and days at a time and very frequently, almost once every few days. I think they're done. Put a fork in it.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

Hey why not use antpool ?
Sounds fair with antminers Wink Cheers !
Sure, use AntPool if you want to lose out on a ton of coin.  AntPool does NOT give its miners transaction fees.  Those go right into Bitmain's pockets.  Take a look at the average transaction fees per block.  As a miner, those are YOURS.  It's the entire reason for charging fees - to incentivize miners.  Yet, Bitmain keeps your coin.

Do yourself a favor.  Mine somewhere else.  Lots of other (and quite frankly better run) pool options out there.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Dr Octagon (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:03:27 PM

I'm not keen on antpool as I've read some pretty salty stuff about them on here, such as them making a million a month and like with heavy fees, also although just a tiny fish I don't like all this mass centralisation with antpool and I'm not at all sure I wan't the return on my investment interrupted by a communist regieme - unlikely, not impossible.

Read that Nicehash may have been hacked for $60million! Anyone know more about that?

One of the biggest motivating factor in choosing a pool will be getting coin out and onto a ledger once a day. I hate to say it - but meh, what odds if I do, not going to effect anything. But the 2 biggest threats to bitcoin are 'tether' and bitfinex going under and antpool or another pool being hacked/slapped with regulation. ,

I would like to insulate myself - to a degree - from massive variance and I don't really want to get too swept up in the 'Ant' mega corp (although no idea why NEO is so low)

I have to say though that I really don't mind which SHA256 coin I mine. Whichever pays the most. I support a football team, Not a $ £ euro or Yen. Plus BTC's transaction fees are beginning to grind my gears. So Ideally for the 2 S9's I'd like a pool that can offer all of the above, without the shit parts of the above - if you get me!?

Suggestions most appreciated

Thanks

Dr Octagon
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:11:16 PM

Hi mate, come joins us at kano.is with your S9's!
Awesome pool, awesome admin, awesome community! Cheesy

And by mining there you will support decentralization!
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:36:11 PM

I am thinking about switching pools. 117+ hours without a block. Uhhhh...
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:18:44 PM

That's the downside of small pools.   
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:11:23 AM

The upside is when you do get a block (like kano just did), you get a bigger slice Smiley

As long as your monthly/qtr/yearly return is on track then no need to fret. However if you rely on the income from mining to live from, then you might want to use a bigger pool like Slush for smaller, but more regular payments.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:01:50 AM

The upside is when you do get a block (like kano just did), you get a bigger slice Smiley

As long as your monthly/qtr/yearly return is on track then no need to fret. However if you rely on the income from mining to live from, then you might want to use a bigger pool like Slush for smaller, but more regular payments.
2 blocks Cheesy

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:40:30 AM

2 blocks Cheesy

Like busses  Grin

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
fjtropepe

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:46:28 PM

2 blocks Cheesy

Like busses  Grin

And just like that I have to eat my words. Lol. Just have to be patient. Something I need more of.
Dr Octagon (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 01:20:31 PM by Dr Octagon

Lol, sorry guys I went with Slush, I had originally set up with kano but a combination of Newbie ineptness and tbh, not a hugely inviting interface or help section Undecided (just saying is all!)

Slush has been in beast mode I believe this weekend. Beginning to regret the L3+'s.

Do people buy/trade miners on here with some sort of escrow? Just the thought of eBay pocketing 10% then some ass mining 2 weeks overclocked to hell and putting in a paypal refund makes me quesy. (just seen there is, soz)

There was a block this morning on Slush that was cracked in 14sec with pool luck of 41418.43%

Still a newbie - and I should of clarified in my title I have 1 S9 + 1 L3+ with an L3+ late Dec an S9 start Jan (though anything I've ordered during Chinese new year stick an extra 2 weeks on shipping min  Undecided)

Also I was wondering if you guys knew how to reduce the duty of these yokes? I'm in N.Ireland (technically the UK) and I paid $348 for 1 and $442 for the other - These taxes anger Dr Octagon.

Just put the curse on Slush 3hrs no blocks Sad

Oh and thank you very much for your help - if nothing else you guys kept me out of the clutches of the commies. Dr Octagon is not a communist.

rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:39:43 PM

Lol, sorry guys I went with Slush, I had originally set up with kano but a combination of Newbie ineptness and tbh, not a hugely inviting interface or help section Undecided (just saying is all!)

Slush has been in beast mode I believe this weekend. Beginning to regret the L3+'s.

Do people buy/trade miners on here with some sort of escrow? Just the thought of eBay pocketing 10% then some ass mining 2 weeks overclocked to hell and putting in a paypal refund makes me quesy. (just seen there is, soz)

There was a block this morning on Slush that was cracked in 14sec with pool luck of 41418.43%

Still a newbie - and I should of clarified in my title I have 1 S9 + 1 L3+ with an L3+ late Dec an S9 start Jan (though anything I've ordered during Chinese new year stick an extra 2 weeks on shipping min  Undecided)

Also I was wondering if you guys knew how to reduce the duty of these yokes? I'm in N.Ireland (technically the UK) and I paid $348 for 1 and $442 for the other - These taxes anger Dr Octagon.

Just put the curse on Slush 3hrs no blocks Sad

Oh and thank you very much for your help - if nothing else you guys kept me out of the clutches of the commies. Dr Octagon is not a communist.

That's why you don't pool hop.  Wait it out at either place you're at. 
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 04:32:08 PM

You guys using and/or promoting AntPool are deluding yourselves and others.  Would you like it if your boss said, "Hey, I'm going to keep an extra 15% of your paychecks"?

That's what AntPool is doing to you.

Stop mining there and putting all that extra coin into their pockets.  Mine on another pool and put that coin in your own.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: