Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:24:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked?  (Read 32040 times)
vianez

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:48:09 PM

Hello guys, nicehash is not using standard wallet for transaction so it’s normal if the balance is 0. If you notice there are not transaction even if you had it before.

The thing is big and even the two factor authentication is not safe because if someone hacked the server the two factor aurh can be bypassed.

Usually the keys and the password are not stored cleared so if someone hacked them has been really good on it or they keep clear all users data.

My two cent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
milewski

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

Everyone saying about having 0 on their wallet and checking it out on the block chain.. Doesn't really understand how their system works...

They will not literally deposit any money on the wallet they generate to you as it would have unnecessary network cost for them.. What they do is just add an entry on their database pointing that address X has Y balance... And when you ask for payout.. Then their internal address will send out the money and deduct from the database...

Só tracking your NH address on the blockchain won't work.. You might be able to see it through if you have made any deposit to it previously.. But you might never see that address sending funds directly to you.. Or you might even see that it has been zero out long time ago....
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:57:34 PM

Supposedly this is a chat with a Nicehash Dev
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:59:36 PM

I wish I had .0001 BTC for every time a "hack" rumor circulated. Fun to watch all the guppies swim to and fro. Here's a hint. Don't leave money in ANY wallet. At least not any amounts that will be painful to lose.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:00:01 PM

Its all gone people , just  accept it Smiley                                                                      its a celebration             (++)                       YEah mon   

we all got goxed in the a on a wednesday !   

dont cry, just suck on these sweet boobies (•_ㅅ_•)oow yeah ^ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ (•_ㅅ_•) yamyamyamyamyam
BenRickert

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:01:29 PM

LMAO!!! " Promise I won't tell anyone"!! WTF....good thing that developer stayed the company course. She would have lost her job due to that Judas!!

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:03:01 PM

Why should anyone leave his money on a pool , ppl still don't understand cryptos , never trust third party ,if they don't run with your money someone will hack them and run with it , so it's a matter of time to be stolen , control your private keys control your own money....no banks in crypto

2016 GPU Miner
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:03:09 PM

LMAO!!! " Promise I won't tell anyone"!! WTF....good thing that developer stayed the company course. She would have lost her job due to that Judas!!

Yeah she should have said "Our PR team will send out an update soon regarding the outage"

Instead she said "handle the situation"

to me "handle the situation" implies something not good.
wolverine5pl

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:08:09 PM

Not auth to say anything - confirmation that they were hacked. Supprised its happen now. They have been around for quiet long time

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
BenRickert

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:09:40 PM

Tanja is famous now. LOL. Or...."infamous".

lankyman

Activity: 382

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:20:06 PM

Why should anyone leave his money on a pool , ppl still don't understand cryptos , never trust third party ,if they don't run with your money someone will hack them and run with it , so it's a matter of time to be stolen , control your private keys control your own money....no banks in crypto

Payouts are scheduled in this case, at least to my knowledge.
A lot of Crypto mining is about trust and contributing to the network and pools, i guess.
DarkoBlog

Activity: 60
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

Ohhh. If it is a hacker attack, I'm very sorry for people who will who will lose their coins.
A week ago I stopped to use their service and went to dig for myself and now I delighted with my decision.
RentGPU

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:37:57 PM

A lot of Crypto mining is about trust and contributing to the network and pools, i guess.

No trust is needed in crypto , if ppl used it the rigth way , we would't see MT gox or nicehash or any other basterds stealing ppl hard earned money , just use it the right way.

2016 GPU Miner
aquapanic

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:45:33 PM

No trust is needed in crypto , if ppl used it the rigth way , we would't see MT gox or nicehash or any other basterds stealing ppl hard earned money , just use it the right way.

That leaves out a lot of traders and users of bitcoins that need to exchange bitcoins for fiat at a regular basis (or vice versa). I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm saying a different solution needs to be found. This is why I am long on DEX alts. (All of them).
storeship

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:52:47 PM

Pool payout is minimum 0.1 BTC that I transfer every few days to my main wallet, I don't keep money with Nicehash but I've lost possibly a payout due tomorrow, over £900
I just wish Nicehash would make a statement it's the not knowing that fuels rumours and attacks the companies reputation..
RentGPU

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:54:31 PM

That leaves out a lot of traders and users of bitcoins that need to exchange bitcoins for fiat at a regular basis (or vice versa). I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm saying a different solution needs to be found. This is why I am long on DEX alts. (All of them).
There are some solutions now for exchanging , like direct exchange from your wallet with local trader , ppl will have difficult time while learning how to control thier own money , it's a fact that most of us don't like to take that risk to control our own money.

2016 GPU Miner
jyakulis

Activity: 468

J

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:56:00 PM

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:03:59 PM

Pool payout is minimum 0.1 BTC that I transfer every few days to my main wallet
You mine 0.1 BTC every few days and still using nicehash?

sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:06:24 PM

My profits are off the charts today with NH down =P

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
storeship

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:07:53 PM

Pool payout is minimum 0.1 BTC that I transfer every few days to my main wallet
You mine 0.1 BTC every few days and still using nicehash?
Only cos it's easy and use several different miners and it pays out in BTC, suppose I'm just lazy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: