Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash hacked?  (Read 32040 times)
Higher Altitude

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:08:20 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:16:37 PM

https://www.wikitribune.com/story/2017/12/06/technology/cryptocurrency-site-nicehash-may-be-hacked/26595/
cryptbro

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:20:10 PM

i love me some low difficulty. time for us miners to make a quick buck and not the hashpower whales. mine on!
KTS4GR

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:28:27 PM

nicehash work(ed) for those that had other careers and/or wife/kids.  the time to research, switch and move all the time isn't always worth the time away from the first two things. should seem obvious.
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:34:33 PM

unfortunately a lot of users didn't move their coins from NiceHash wallets  Roll Eyes
I hope for them that nothing bad happened but so many hours of unexpected manteinance are strange

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ryuh

Activity: 282

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:36:38 PM

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

Because more of them are single GPU users that do not know how to setup different wallet than BTC and then to find pools to join, download the appropriate miners, setup them and so on.
It's not so easy to do when you are not tech savvy.

On the other note even if they are hacked, they will be back or someone else will take their place. It's very lucrative business and they are/were the market leaders.
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:40:31 PM

So that's why the difficulty is down on everything.

Why don't nicehash miners just mine like everyone else  Huh

Because more of them are single GPU users that do not know how to setup different wallet than BTC and then to find pools to join, download the appropriate miners, setup them and so on.
It's not so easy to do when you are not tech savvy.

On the other note even if they are hacked, they will be back or someone else will take their place. It's very lucrative business and they are/were the market leaders.

I hope they never come back from maintenance. My profits are over double what they were.

Also, it's all downward selling pressure on coins I like.

Though, people getting robbed does suck admittedly.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1394

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:41:03 PM

i love me some low difficulty. time for us miners to make a quick buck and not the hashpower whales. mine on!

Any competent miner would have backup pools setup...the 40 terahash of scrypt is already piling on the LTC blockchain.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:43:31 PM

I set them as a failover and it's showing "alive" right now in my miner status.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:45:07 PM

X11 is alive, Scrypt still dead. Looks to be coming back on line.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
GunsN

Activity: 262

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

they said the same text

we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our team is working hard to resolve the issues on the service, it might take longer than expected. We'll keep you updated!

♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♩
Trust Us
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:53:10 PM

From a translated article

TweakTown portal reports that they contacted Andrew Nabergo , who is the CEO of NiceHash, and that he said they would prepare a press release shortly and evaluate the situation.

Edit: Article
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60060/nicehash-hacked-tens-millions-dollars-up-air/index.html
storeship

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

WklTribune has reported that they've been in contact with NiceHash CEO Andrej Nabergoj, who said that NiceHash is "assessing the situation and working with the authorities. We'll have a public statement shortly".

If authorities are involved that is not a good sign!!
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:03:38 PM

http://prntscr.com/hk0qvb Someone forwarded message from MiningClub.info... I don't know how much can this be trusted since its not from official source, but hey...its something...
Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:04:02 PM

Interesting Facebook Post - https://www.facebook.com/NiceHash/posts/2012288672323602?comment_id=159500037993147&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

Many of you already know that the site reddit spread information about the alleged hacking of our service. We hasten to assure everyone that your bitcoins are safe and sound. And we are the largest pool in the CIS countries are not going to close, but rather increase our presence in the regions.

In connection with the increased number of those wishing to mine the crypto currency at our sites, as well as rent or lease out the capacities for mining, we conduct PLANNED technical works, which are to be completed on Friday morning. From December 8, the service will work in the standard mode.

Since this is the most massive update in the last two years, we have indeed suspended all Bitcoin payments, and the funds were taken to a safe place. After the works - everything will be returned to their places. Please do not panic!

Sincerely yours, NiceHash.

If this is real and this was a planned outage, it's an absolute shit-show from a customer service standpoint to not make any announcement that NH will potentially be down for 2 days.
RoyaLunique

Activity: 383
Merit: 272

Legend is back.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:16:39 PM

I think its a mistake
philask

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:23:30 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 08:36:00 PM by philask

No joke...  looks like the end of the road for Nicehash.  Hope you all moved your earnings out of their wallet before this happened.

https://www.facebook.com/NiceHash/posts/2012613285624474

Dear NiceHash users!

Unfortunately, there has been a security breach involving NiceHash website. We are currently investigating the nature of the incident and, as a result, we are stopping all operations for the next 24 hours.

Importantly, our payment system was compromised and the contents of the NiceHash Bitcoin wallet have been stolen. We are working to verify the precise number of BTC taken.

Clearly, this is a matter of deep concern and we are working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days. In addition to undertaking our own investigation, the incident has been reported to the relevant authorities and law enforcement and we are co-operating with them as a matter of urgency.

We are fully committed to restoring the NiceHash service with the highest security measures at the earliest opportunity.

We would not exist without our devoted buyers and miners all around the globe. We understand that you will have a lot of questions, and we ask for patience and understanding while we investigate the causes and find the appropriate solutions for the future of the service. We will endeavour to update you at regular intervals.

While the full scope of what happened is not yet known, we recommend, as a precaution, that you change your online passwords.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and are committing every resource towards solving this issue as soon as possible.
Eyedol-X

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:24:28 PM

No joke...  looks like the end of the road for Nicehash.  Hope you all moved your earnings out of their wallet before this happened.

Dear NiceHash users!

Unfortunately, there has been a security breach involving NiceHash website. We are currently investigating the nature of the incident and, as a result, we are stopping all operations for the next 24 hours.

Importantly, our payment system was compromised and the contents of the NiceHash Bitcoin wallet have been stolen. We are working to verify the precise number of BTC taken.

Clearly, this is a matter of deep concern and we are working hard to rectify the matter in the coming days. In addition to undertaking our own investigation, the incident has been reported to the relevant authorities and law enforcement and we are co-operating with them as a matter of urgency.

We are fully committed to restoring the NiceHash service with the highest security measures at the earliest opportunity.

We would not exist without our devoted buyers and miners all around the globe. We understand that you will have a lot of questions, and we ask for patience and understanding while we investigate the causes and find the appropriate solutions for the future of the service. We will endeavour to update you at regular intervals.

While the full scope of what happened is not yet known, we recommend, as a precaution, that you change your online passwords.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and are committing every resource towards solving this issue as soon as possible.

Post Link - https://www.facebook.com/NiceHash/posts/2012613285624474
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:25:32 PM

What a bunch of idiots for holding that much in hot wallets. Not surprising though given their amateurish history.

Also, based on the screenshot, Tanja knew she can't say anything and let the PR team come up with something which suggest that it's a hack. I mean if it was a technical issue, she wouldn't have straight orders not to say anything imo. Also, what technical issues a multipool could have that can't be solved within hours and one that involves moving funds to one address?

Edit: nevermind, hack confirmed.

Not your keys, not your coins!
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:27:40 PM

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and are committing every resource towards solving this issue as soon as possible

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7i0s6o/official_press_release_statement_by_nicehash/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NiceHash/posts/2012613285624474
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NiceHashMining/status/938504277168934912
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: