Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:27:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important thoughts about Bitcoincash  (Read 174 times)
JJack@ (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 02:22:39 PM by JJack@

Not spreading FUD im a holder myself.

Going straight out with this one:
 - BCC might not/is not the perfect BTC hedge.
• Why? -> I was watching previous BTC correction where it dipped to around $8.5k so BCC was rising (according to plan). BTC was still going down when all of a sudden BOOM BCC instantly crashed. I think this might have been a whale, later the chart didnt recover from that and we have been in a downtrend since.

- Im not too sure we are going to see the big spike up we are all waiting for.
• Why? -> There is no big news coming up, chart doesnt look that interesting imo. Even if BTC crashes that doesnt mean we will go up ( see previous - )

-Im still holding
•Why -> Im not the type of trader who sells when he sees red, I am waiting, but I dont know for what exactly. Maybe I should, I bought @0.1505 btw

Let me know your thoughts on this one!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:16:11 PM

Waiting for something that you don't know would be better call "waiting for luck" than trading strategy... Create your own luck with developing trading strategy Smiley Wish you all the best in this.
JJack@ (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

Yes but we are in a very unpredictable period, look at the btc chart. Literally all indicators, logic and physics are saying this thing has to go down but it isnt.
Atm there is a 3000 Bitcoin buy wall ready a the 0.1 btc price, there is definitely something going on here. Also I dont want to sell at a loss when I know this thing might go up soon.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:29:10 PM

your whole argument is based on one time bitcoin cash rise! and that was THE plan all along, to use the fact that SegWit2x was canceled and a lot of FUD were flying around about bitcoin and it was getting dumped, use it to pump bitcoin cash and pretend it is the real bitcoin and everyone wants it! and they did do that.

but when you pump an altcoin like this, it is bound to get dumped soon after. and BCH did get dumped. of course like any dump there was a recovery which made so many investors continue holding it hoping it recovers.

it will get pumped again. but not for a long time. so in my opinion if you hold, you are in it for a long time before you see light again Smiley

Buying the dip...
Lonsdayl

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:30:00 PM

Yes but we are in a very unpredictable period, look at the btc chart. Literally all indicators, logic and physics are saying this thing has to go down but it isnt.
Atm there is a 3000 Bitcoin buy wall ready a the 0.1 btc price, there is definitely something going on here. Also I dont want to sell at a loss when I know this thing might go up soon.

I agree that you shouldn't sell and loss your money. BTC price is too hot, as you say, logically we must see price correction, so the last one will great and fearful...
JJack@ (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:35:19 PM

your whole argument is based on one time bitcoin cash rise! and that was THE plan all along, to use the fact that SegWit2x was canceled and a lot of FUD were flying around about bitcoin and it was getting dumped, use it to pump bitcoin cash and pretend it is the real bitcoin and everyone wants it! and they did do that.

but when you pump an altcoin like this, it is bound to get dumped soon after. and BCH did get dumped. of course like any dump there was a recovery which made so many investors continue holding it hoping it recovers.

it will get pumped again. but not for a long time. so in my opinion if you hold, you are in it for a long time before you see light again Smiley

No my argument was not based on ' that ' rise, I was talking about previous BTC dip where BCC spiked up because they are reversly corrolated.
My other point was that there is no news coming up and that the chart doesnt look interesting at all. I just dont want to sell at a loss, but most of BCC holders are big whales so we can definitely see something happen soon.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:41:18 PM

I'm not too sure that you will successfully hedge bitcoin with any alt crypto including Bcash if the price significantly starts to fall. We have already seen in the past period that there were the cases when all coins were red. I suspect that this is due to the fact that the fiat was going out. But i might be wrong.
Lonsdayl

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

I'm not too sure that you will successfully hedge bitcoin with any alt crypto including Bcash if the price significantly starts to fall. We have already seen in the past period that there were the cases when all coins were red. I suspect that this is due to the fact that the fiat was going out. But i might be wrong.

Maybe before New Year holidays HODLers will decide to withdraw some tokens in fiat and buy presents for families ... it's too high and too hot. Even $ 10 k was too much, but $ 12k, wtf?
JJack@ (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:54:16 PM

So you are saying when BTC crashes, people look for a hedge in fiat instead of alts?
There is always one or two alts that do pretty well against the BTC chart, I cant remember them from previous time though.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:08:12 PM

Maybe before New Year holidays HODLers will decide to withdraw some tokens in fiat and buy presents for families ... it's too high and too hot. Even $ 10 k was too much, but $ 12k, wtf?

Maybe. But will this amount be enough to influence the price? Not likely if you consider that most of the gifts will probably not exceed value of several hundreds of dollars with some exceptions on both sides of price range. As for the price, i have no idea what is happening nor how it will behave in the near future. I dare not giving predictions since it's way off. Maybe this mode which is on in 2017 is the new normal for bitcoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: