Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Krater Miner OFFICIAL THREAD (WORKING Avalon Clone w/ videos!)  (Read 7415 times)
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:29:47 PM

yeah, overpriced

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
@Zack

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:04:46 PM

Its overpriced.

I dont want to buy it Sad
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:50:10 PM

Granted you value your +ive and -ive feedback, but unanimously every single person agrees this is overpriced.

This at a time at which Avalon's batch 3 which sold for 75BTC has a large portion of it's buyers wanting refunds due to lack of confidence of ROI there and fears of receipt after the bulk chips arrived.

You are not naive, you read these forums and are well aware of that.

200BTC is not happening outside of eBay. Right now Avalon units are struggling to reach $15k. Even that figure is nuts.

You'd be lucky to achieve 75-90BTC. That's still taking any future profit from your buyers.

You've either not thought this through, or researched which I find hard to believe...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:53:14 PM

Is 20% HW errors normal?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:05:35 PM

Thanks again for the opportunity for discourse in this forum. Some of the things we feel separate us from the others are:

1.   Our units are American made and we offer free overnight shipping to the continental United States.
2.   We offer full customer support.
3.   We have a proven working concept.
4.   We are doing everything the right way. We aren’t skimping on anything (power supplies, fans, etc).
5.   We are ready to take orders right now. Others are either sold out or aren’t to the point where they can take orders.

We know there are others claiming they’ll be ready to ship working units as soon as the Avalon chips arrive at a lower price than us. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. I haven’t seen any of their working prototypes. We have a proven concept that is working right now and we are ready for the Avalon chips to arrive.

We are taking all the feedback on this forum seriously and appreciate these honest comments from the bitcoin community.
zamazama

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 08:11:04 PM

10 000 Avalon chips cost 780 BTC

Your 1280 chips are 800BTC!!!

Good luck .. a sucker is born everyday

titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:11:44 PM

Sorry but

10000 chips = 780 BTC
320    chips =  25  BTC

NRE of clone is 0 BTC
PCB + PSU + others no more than 35-40 BTC

If you sell each clone for 70 BTC win more than 300 BTC .
If you try to sell for 200BTC. Prepare a warehouse with 25kw. To use the clones and recover the investment.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:35:53 PM

Seriously $177 a GH?

That's 10 times more than KNC
Thats  3 1/2 times more than BFL & Terrahash

If you can deliver this week, you can charge 40 BTC, If you can't deliver for 10 weeks, then 25BTC

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:36:44 PM

Sorry but

10000 chips = 780 BTC
320    chips =  25  BTC

NRE of clone is 0 BTC
PCB + PSU + others no more than 35-40 BTC

If you sell each clone for 70 BTC win more than 300 BTC .
If you try to sell for 200BTC. Prepare a warehouse with 25kw. To use the clones and recover the investment.

Totally with Titomane with this, although I'm guessing you plan to build and mine until you sell each unit one by one, this maximising profit.

I don't think it being US made means diddly in the scheme of things aside logistics. It's an Asian design proven to work, albeit for a reconfigured connector.

I appreciate you have heard peeps complain about ore-orders and justify ASICminer blade prices. Most of those bitching about pre-orders are idiots that can't comprehend non-reoccurring engineering costs, which you don't have. Those justifying ASIC miner blades are resellers themselves attempting to convince others to purchase. In any ads as with the ASICminer blade resellers eBay is your best bet, you're wasting your time trying I generate sales on this forum. At your prices someone would have to be wet behind the ears...

You are very, very greedy!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
joeventura

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:42:02 PM

Thanks again for the opportunity for discourse in this forum. Some of the things we feel separate us from the others are:

1.   Our units are American made and we offer free overnight shipping to the continental United States.
2.   We offer full customer support.
3.   We have a proven working concept.
4.   We are doing everything the right way. We aren’t skimping on anything (power supplies, fans, etc).
5.   We are ready to take orders right now. Others are either sold out or aren’t to the point where they can take orders.

We know there are others claiming they’ll be ready to ship working units as soon as the Avalon chips arrive at a lower price than us. Maybe they will, maybe they won’t. I haven’t seen any of their working prototypes. We have a proven concept that is working right now and we are ready for the Avalon chips to arrive.

We are taking all the feedback on this forum seriously and appreciate these honest comments from the bitcoin community.

There is no way the math is going to work on 200BTC

Its $16000 for 90GH (@ $80 a BTC)

I can get 900GH (that's nine hundred) Gigahash from KNC Miner for that price.

If you could deliver today it still would not make up the difference.

You only have 25BTC in the chips. Maybe 30BTC in total costs. You are adding 600% margin.
joeventura

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:50:54 PM

We plan on being ready to start shipping out finished units as early as 1 week after the time the Avalon chips arrive.

Thanks for your interest!

So 11+ weeks from now, so mid october when my $4000 200Gh rig arrives from KNC your $15,000 90Gh rig will be ready?

mike4747 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 09:30:08 PM

Thanks again for your input, all of it is very important to us.

We have to be honest when it came down to the initial price we've posted. We've been so focused on the production of the units, getting a working prototype, developing the website and everything else that goes into a project like this, that it came to the last minute of launching the website and we were still very undecided about the final listed price of our units. We have been re-evaluating the cost all along regardless of what has been said on here. Obviously, we want to make a profit... we did indeed put lots of time, effort, and money in to this project. We know we priced it too aggressively and we are adjusting it accordingly.

The unit will now cost 125 BTC, and the price change is effective immediately.

Also, the prices on the build your own unit is changing to:

1 module: 35 btc

2 module: 45 btc

3 module: 55 btc

4 module: 65 btc

maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:07:36 PM

Good idea on the price change.
You really should edit your TOS and Privacy Policy, right now it's just plain Lorem Ipsum....

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:55:42 PM

Price is still kinda in the luxury range for something that can't ship now

I think ASICMiner is changing up their price schedule soon on their blades..  of course they will wait till these guys get ready to ship and then FriedCat will lower price then

but who knows, it ain't like you are shipping anytime soon..  who knows when those avalon chips show up

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
sneef

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:20:08 PM

We've been so focused on the production of the units, .... that it came to the last minute of launching the website and we were still very undecided about the final listed price of our units......

Yeah, you might want to have done a little more thinking about that before launching and getting 200BTC worth of egg on yer faces.

Obviously, we want to make a profit...

Very obvious, yes.

Your build your own pricing is far too high, your initial sale price for the units was insanely high, your current pricing is for people who have no idea what they are spending their money/coins on.

Best of luck, i am so pleased to be buying from KNCminer.

I honestly think you should either mine with these chips yourselves, or sell shares in your farm if you can not afford to complete the build-out yourselves. I do not think you will have a great success with your products, they are quite simply overpriced for the market as it stands today.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:38:05 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2013, 01:26:52 AM by Bogart

All the boards (hash cards, control units, backplanes and power distribution) are currently being mass produced locally in NE Ohio. We anticipate the completion of all boards by the time the full order of Avalon chips arrives.

Will you (please) offer the populated control boards and backplanes for sale individually?

Same for the hash cards, of course.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:42:32 PM

If you sold them 90-100 BTC you'd sell out and its a bit higher than some other places.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
joeventura

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:47:47 PM

We have to be honest when it came down to the initial price we've posted. We've been so focused on the production of the units, getting a working prototype, developing the website and everything else that goes into a project like this, that it came to the last minute of launching the website and we were still very undecided about the final listed price of our units. We have been re-evaluating the cost all along regardless of what has been said on here. Obviously, we want to make a profit... we did indeed put lots of time, effort, and money in to this project. We know we priced it too aggressively and we are adjusting it accordingly.

Pfffffffffffft $117 a Gh?

Can buy 600gh from KNC for that price.

How about 75 BTC?
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 01:36:08 AM

Pfffffffffffft $117 a Gh?

Can buy 600gh from KNC for that price.

How about 75 BTC?

RIO matters.

This price is still too high but if they deliver RIGHT AWAY, not weeks or months one could make a small profit.  Is it worth it?  Not to me.  You could make back about $45 a Gh in the first month, and $30 a Gh in the second month and $20 in the third month.  That only brings you up to $95 and maybe payback in six months without power costs.  Certainly Krater is not leaving much on the table for the customer.

Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:53:05 PM

You are in the same boat as the rest of the Avalon assemblers and should price accordingly.  The only saving grace you may have is if BKK or Terrahash can't get the Klondikes working properly before chip orders start showing up meaning you would be shipping before them.  I don't think that chance is worth the additional cost.  Best case scenario is if price was the same then it would be the reason to choose you over the competition.

On the bright side you do seem very professional so far.  So kudos for that we need more of it in the ASIC space.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: