Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible reasons that Bitcoin will be gone  (Read 1640 times)
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:12:09 PM

Another coin who can take place of bitcoin, that can only happens when the gap is way further than bitcoin since small gap between bitcoin and another coin won't  do a thing because of the trust to bitcoin that became its innermost of its fundamental. Other reason is somehow impossible, like being banned there is no way bitcoin can be banned at all of the country since it is a good invention that can change ways of market.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pantoflascrypt017

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:13:31 PM

If the barber starts taking payments in Bitcoin then GTFO quick or you will loose bigly!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sweeet123

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:50:31 PM

There may be quite a few reason for bitcoins to go away, like in future government may intervene, impose tax on it,make it difficult for the holders to get good value, also if people suddenly lose interest in bitcoins leading to reduced demands causing them to disappear ,and lot of countries might ban bitcoin in the future due to its association with illegal and criminal activity
Fizpok

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

When energy consumption increases and mankind will refuse to build Mann's sphere around the Sun...

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
sandpiper

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:22:39 PM

Gone: if BTC community does not solve the three majeure technical issues: speed, scaling limitations and transactions fee. Eventually, those who’d like to use bitcoin for its original intended purpose—payments—could become frustrated and leave the network in favor of other cryptocurrencies.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:27:54 PM

There is no possibility to be gone. It is very promising. It has good price and a lot of user. Demand is also good. So it is not possible to be gone.
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:36:16 PM

There may be quite a few reason for bitcoins to go away, like in future government may intervene, impose tax on it,make it difficult for the holders to get good value, also if people suddenly lose interest in bitcoins leading to reduced demands causing them to disappear ,and lot of countries might ban bitcoin in the future due to its association with illegal and criminal activity
That could be really the possible reason for bitcoin to gone when the government interfere and ban it in the country because for its illegal use. It will also gone if the internet is not good to use or gone either because every transaction is using it which is impossible for today.  It will be gone if anybody interfere and really want it to destroy or make another which is better than bitcoin.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:51:24 PM

too many hardforks may destroy bitcoin
anjaydut

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:08:07 AM

I think only one possible cause of bitcoin can be lost, banned or lost value
is government policy in every country, if government in every country prohibit any sale transaction by bitcoin of course it will bring bad impact on bitcoin, bitcoin will be in and forget
it's like a nightmare, I do not expect it to happen, hopefully bitcoin can be received around the world

Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:14:21 AM

When people realize the price is just artificial and bitcoin itself doesn't have much use as a currency it will die. Many other coins are just better than bitcoin and do their job. Bitcoin was intended as a currency and it's not being used as such. Treating like an asset will only last so long. Fees are also getting a bit too much, specially withdrawals from exchanges/websites.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:21:14 AM

Can you think of possible reasons why Bitcoin could be gone, banned or lose value?
Maybe its possible that bitcoin will be gone if there is a crazy man man buy all the bitcoins and keep them or bitcoin will be out of value if the supply is great demand is low.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
glaciercapital

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:25:46 AM

When people realize the price is just artificial and bitcoin itself doesn't have much use as a currency it will die. Many other coins are just better than bitcoin and do their job. Bitcoin was intended as a currency and it's not being used as such. Treating like an asset will only last so long. Fees are also getting a bit too much, specially withdrawals from exchanges/websites.

Yes for the currency use case, but as a digital gold. Gold has always had high fees, low portability and really an artificial value purely used as protection.
If you are going to use a store of value currency bitcoin seems like the obvious solution. I think heavy regulations will come in, but organisations will figure out a way to package it and sell it.

zinok474

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:28:50 AM

I don't really think that has any chance to happen that..

This might happen only if something happens in earth and we have no internet anymore (nonsense) or if all people that support bitcoin suddenly stop supporting it, all the miners stop mining it (nonsense)
Even if governments ban bitcoin , they can stop u for using it, even if somehow they do that , always will be a country that will allow it Smiley
Long live Bitcoin  Grin
abamatinde77

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:33:39 AM

its not gonna happen..but on hearsay when reach 21millions of bitcoins mined they will stop its just hearsay. i really dont know what's going on in future
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:43:33 AM

I can only think of one reason. That is if all the governments ban it internationally.
xDsoGood

Activity: 190

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:55:10 AM

I think if the miners stopped mining, that would be the end of bitcoin or maybe surpass by other crypto currency
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Can you think of possible reasons why Bitcoin could be gone, banned or lose value?

If we see the price movement recently, bitcoin has no possibility will be gone forever.
Because every day more people interest to join and feel the power of bitcoin.
One thing i am worry with is banned from all of the country or at  least most country in the world.
rockem5

Activity: 69

Antifragile

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:26:59 AM

I can only think of one reason. That is if all the governments ban it internationally.

This wouldn't kill bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized.

🔶  Like Trading Cryptocurrencies?📈💱 👇👇👇
🔶  Get a 🔖10% Discount on Binance exchange fees through our exclusive link here. 👈
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:28:59 AM

I think that a real threat to Bitcoin could be that if prices keep rising and therefore mining being even more profitable and then many more people wanting to jump on that train and therefore starting to mine. This will lead to a massive energy usage that most countries wont be able to supply. Therefore governments sure will step in and maybe prohibit mining. As mining is something physical, its not that easy to do if its considered illegal. I think that this could become a real issue for Bitcoin and crypto in the future.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:30:32 AM

too many hardforks may destroy bitcoin
Hardforks are actually healthy in my opinion. It just shows how some(definitely not all) forkers are trying to think and try out a solution for the blocksize issues. Hardforks are only bad in terms of price and crypto-newbloods can possible get confused with them seeing lots of coins with "bitcoin" in their names.

The point of bitcoin is to have no government control. This will definitely NOT kill bitcoin. I can only see this causing bitcoin's price to crash due to all the fear that could possibly arise if this happens. Crash in price =/= dead.

I think that a real threat to Bitcoin could be that if prices keep rising and therefore mining being even more profitable and then many more people wanting to jump on that train and therefore starting to mine. This will lead to a massive energy usage that most countries wont be able to supply. Therefore governments sure will step in and maybe prohibit mining. As mining is something physical, its not that easy to do if its considered illegal. I think that this could become a real issue for Bitcoin and crypto in the future.
Good thinking; but I don't see this happening. More miners = more blocks being mined = higher mining difficulty. If we get a huge surge on miners then profitability will go lower, hence some miners will probably move to some other cryptocurrency to mine for profit. So in the end the miner count and profitability sort of balances out.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████